Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

plymkr

Reaction score
Are you just happy making the playoffs, but crashing out after a game or two best case scenario? If yes, Dakota is your guy, I guess.
I look at it a little differently. After Jerry paid 40 APY Dak’s signature win came against a team with a losing record. The Bucs 2022 playoffs.

So if you’re happy with beating average to below average teams, then Dak is your guy.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Dak wasn’t worth the first extension and overpaid at that that time for what he had accomplished. Yes he was a 4th round pick and played about as average as I would expect with the talent around him for the first 4 years(great oline,zeke, always with a true number 1,etc). He played well against bad nfc least teams and looked like a 4th rounder against the better teams and in playoffs. At that time it was 1/2 and 1/2 fanbase for or against, but now the guy isn’t the underpaid 4th rounder, he’s the guy that was a bad return on investment. He has sucked, sucked three years since that big payday. If he was a stock he would have been traded a long time ago as he’s not going to magically start winning in the games that matter. Sorry to those who are holding out hope that we will resign him, because if we want to start wining those games then we need to start investing in defense. Romo also took too much of salary cap and caused lopsided pay when looking at offense vs defense. Split the salary cap and see what happens.

LysleE

Reaction score
I don’t want to see Dak signed. Sure…he generates gaudy stats, but against teams that are less talented and/or are playing from behind. Dak has had plenty of time and opportunity to lead the Cowboys to multiple playoff wins…not like they haven’t had talented teams. His time has come and gone.
Sure…bringing in a new QB won’t be without growing pains leading to less wins; but is keeping Dak the answer. Jerry just paid CD and if he pays Dak the Cowboys will be limited under the salary cap to make moves in bring in new talent (not that the FO was adept in doing that anyways)…so is having a “franchise” QB with little to no talent around him more preferable to a mediocre QB with talent around him with the potential to keep adding and developing talent?
I prefer the latter scenario…

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m not ignoring you, didn’t see your response but mine was clear by posting stats. Fact is Darold’s numbers weren’t better and that’s what I posted.
Oh. But you did see the quote where Kyle Shanahan said Darnold was better though right? Just making sure you saw it. Typically coaches play their more valuable quarterbacks less which is why Lance had more stats than Purdy and Arnold.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
It's not a question of what I want. It's a question of what's the friggin plan? Does the FO think we are still within a superbowl window? Then you can't stop with signing your current guys, you HAVE to add more talent where needed. Like RB and DT. But real talent, not some has beens who were good ages ago. You have to invest your coming draft picks if you really think now is the time.

Or have you lost faith in your current veterans? Then bring in young talents with the draft and trade the veterans for some more draft picks.

Just don't try to go through the middle like for the last friggin 28 years. This got us nowhere. 12 win reg seasons mean absolutely nothing without progress. And there has been absoletely no progress.

LoL, even IF they make it to a Superbowl in one of the next seasons, Jerry's system has still failed. Not a single NFCCG appearance in almost three decades is pathetic.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry will sign Dak for the upcoming season. He's our only QB worthy of starting in 2024. In 2025, we should draft a QB very early in the draft.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think it's time to move on from Dak and why I voted 'no', however, my inclination was to go with 'don't care'. As we just saw with the CeeDee contract, no matter what we think or want Jerry is most likely going to cave. The Stans keep saying this place is going to explode when Dak gets resigned, but it won't. Jerry is going to cave - we all know and expect that to happen.
he is a "CAVEMAN!" LOL another nick name for ol jerry.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I do not think Dak deserves another big contract but he's going to get one with the Cowboys or some other team. He's 31 and his best shot was last year.
Jerry is afraid Dak will lose another playoff game.

the man-cry session Jerry had in the last playoff loss is still fresh in his mind.

he man-cried in front of millions.

that and the empty stadium after half time.