Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

CWR

Reaction score
Yes? I dunno lol. We aren't rebuilding, so we may as well try to win with what we have. I'd feel differently if they had a plan to trade guys for draft capital etc. They don't, and they won't. So he's our best bet, whether that's a good bet or not doesn't matter. We aren't improving the position anytime soon.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Want to see the forums current mood on this topic.
Is this a trick question ?

Because nobody is going to sign him to a long term deal. Not even Prescott wants one.
The length of the deal always was the main problem. Prescott wants deals that are 3-4 years max. As his last one was too.

mmohican29

Reaction score
The unknown? I don't think its such a thing with Jerry at the helm. He's showed us what happens with the unknown.....Stoerner, Leaf, Hutchinson, Wright, Henson......

As far as Dak's numbers goes...not sure what relevant that has...he struggles against one team in the 49ers. He's had no problems lighting up other contenders like the Lions and Eagles.
The Packers say hello

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Yes, for several reasons. First, I don't trust the front office to acquire a good QB in a decent amount of time. If we are going to go into rebuild mode, I'd rather do it after Dak's next contract. This FO will do something dumb like Shadeur Sanders, who is basically a worse Justin Fields, and we'll really be in purgatory for several years. Even outside of this FO's historical ineptitude when it comes to high round QB's, just in general it's statistically one of the hardest things to do to actually hit on one in the NFL. Dak has shown that he can make all the throws and has stretches of play where he can play as good or better as the best in the league. I can't explain his playoff no-shows. I have no idea what's going on with him, and it's gut wrenching to watch. It's unacceptable for a QB paid that much to play like that in those moments. But, I believe in Dak's character and his competitive drive, and I think he will do everything he can to turn it around and win.

I think his experience and tenure is also important. Those years of learning and knowing the game are valuable. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I get better at my career every year because I know more and have applied it more than I did the prior year. Dak's not a WR or RB who loses his legs after his 20's are over. He's a QB and can continue to improve and grow. We're all sick of the playoff implosions. But, when considering ALL the variables, especially with this team/front office, I think Dak gives us the best chance to win even with the baggage. Even with the multiple playoff losses. The rules of variance dictate that he can turn it around and get hot at the right time one of these years. Also, I never thought I'd say this, but if any team is equipped to manage three max deals, it's a team like the Cowboys who build primarily through drafting well and being (comparatively) cheap in free agency.

The problem is that this is a very nuanced answer. People want to read the "yes" as "Dak is the best QB in the league and will definitely win a super bowl and we should ignore all the playoff losses, Dak is god and can do no wrong and deserves $65m a year, etc. etc." It's just not that simple, and I still remember the period between Aikman and Romo and how horridly miserable that was. The QB market is what it is, and I'd prefer to take one more shot with this core group.
so Dak blows , but somehow will figure it out after 9 years and a bloated paycheck !! ??

Good luck with that

khiladi

Reaction score
The choices are either to extend Dak and hope one year it falls our way....

Or

Play this year out leading to a high 1st rounder and have Jerry & Company try to guess from the QBs left. The guys who backed into Romo, wanted to draft Manziel, wanted to trade back up into the 1st round to draft Paxton Lynch, wanted to draft Connor Cook, fell back into Dak Prescott & recently traded a 4th for Lance....

So yea, sign Dak at the end of the year unless we're sitting at the top of the first round where Jerry & Company can't mess up the QB pick.
One person flirted with the idea of Manziel and that was Jerry and everybody within the organization told him no. Absolutely none of these QBs picked were an early first round pick with a potential generational talent as a choice, like with Aikman.

There are in fact GMs that actually picked the midget Bryce Young over CJ Stroud. The Commanders needed a QB and yet they picked Chase Young over Justin Herbert, with the number 2 pick. And they just traded him. If they picked Herbert, the direction of the franchise would have been completely different.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Early results are about 70% no.

Who knew (other than Rockport, of course) that potentially 70% of Cowboys nation was so full of pure unadulterated hatred?
I voted ‘no’ - but that DOESN’T mean I hate Dak. I actually like the man he is AND the player he is. I just don’t think his play warrants the kind of money he is seeking… or the kind of money he has ALREADY received.

As we used to say, Dak is not all that and a bag of chips.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Nah - go ahead and trade our top 10, perennial MVP finalist, franchise QB for a replacement that would win 5 or 6 less games each season. Would be brilliant....... A QB with less offensive weapons and less quality coaching than the other top teams in the NFL still managing to bring you 12 wins per season. Good grief.
Don’t care about the regular season. He doesn’t win in the playoffs. His whole thing is being a good guy with leadership.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I voted yes.
I really like Dak, but I would have no problem moving on to the next QB IF there actually was one to get behind and be excited about and watch him develop. As always, Jerry had no QB plan when he franchised Dak, no plan when he resigned him, and his plan was clearly always to resign him again. He had a fairly young QB who was still improving. Giving him a contract with the no tag and no trade clauses makes it clear that he never considered letting him go. If you are even toying in the back of your mind with moving on, you don’t give him that contract where you cannot get anything for him if he walks. You also don’t play him for four years without drafting a QB and grooming him.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I voted ‘no’ - but that DOESN’T mean I hate Dak. I actually like the man he is AND the player he is. I just don’t think his play warrants the kind of money he is seeking… or the kind of money he has ALREADY received.

I agree with you. My post was heavily sarcastic....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?​

quDU4fL.gif

kskboys

Reaction score

I'd sign Dak in a heartbeat for 35ish. Can't pay ordinary players top of the market contracts and expect to compete.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
It comes down to one thing when you talk about a contract this significant.

Do you believe Dak is capable of winning a title? Do you believe Dak can put together 3 or 4 good to great games in a row when it matters…against high quality competition?

I do not.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I'd sign Dak in a heartbeat for 35ish. Can't pay ordinary players top of the market contracts and expect to compete.
Me, I don’t find Dak to be ‘ordinary’. I think he’s well above average - borderline top ten. But he’s asking for top-five money and he’s not delivered top-five play. Business is business and the Cowboys need to make a smart business decision here. Too often they get overly cozying with some of there more veteran talent. Stand off - don’t get overly personal. Make objective decisions.