CZ POLL Do you want the Cowboys to sign Earl Thomas?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Earl Thomas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
People I'm leaning 75-80% confidence Earl Thomas is signing with the Cowboys.........just a matter of timing. Again, they refuse to shut it down.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People I'm leaning 75-80% confidence Earl Thomas is signing with the Cowboys.........just a matter of timing. Again, they refuse to shut it down.

I think it will come down to two things:
  1. A bargain contract that doesn't cost a lot
  2. A pay- as-you-play deal with no guarantees so that the team can get out if things go south
This will help McCarthy to feel better about the situation if he knows that he can send Thomas packing if he shows a negative attitude here.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think it will come down to two things:
  1. A bargain contract that doesn't cost a lot
  2. A pay- as-you-play deal with no guarantees so that the team can get out if things go south
This will help McCarthy to feel better about the situation if he knows that he can send Thomas packing if he shows a negative attitude here.

Bottom line, right now he's behind the eight ball two weeks before the season starts looking for a job with only one, maybe two options ( notice how quickly the 49ers and Falcon shut it down). In other words, we have him just where we want him....sign a one year deal to clean up/repair the mess you left with the Ravens.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You asked about on field stuff because you know that his off the field stuff are many. My point was not about his on the field stuff. I guess you felt changing the subject would help your cause.

Zeke was at that party. LOL

You really are reaching now. Almost trying to make stuff up with Dak.

Now you are trying to change the subject to "choices".

It was a nice try though.

what we call a woosh I suppose. The original point was, what on the field/locker room things has Zeke done. I know there have been enough stupidity from him off the field, but then I pointed out that Dak hasn't been the smartest when it comes too off the field things either. You asked how and I gave examples. And yes, a lot of those things he was with his BFF.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bottom line, right now he's behind the eight ball two weeks before the season starts looking for a job with only one, maybe two options ( notice how quickly the 49ers and Falcon shut it down). In other words, we have him just where we want him....sign a one year deal to clean up/repair the mess you left with the Ravens.

I completely agree wth you. That's where he's at. He needs realize that, and not falsely believe that he's still a high-priced superstar player. If and when he does, he can also realize that he can go the Robert Quinn route and play well for a high profile team and rebuild his reputation for a potentially bigger contract next year.

But the clock is ticking and the season starts soon, and Thomas needs to realize where he is right now as soon as possible.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I heard he already got other offers but he's waiting for the Cowboys to decide because they are his first choice.

Funny, not ha ha funny, that when googled there are no articles of contract offers for Thomas since he was cut. That could just be a rumor some user here started because they want him to get signed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what we call a woosh I suppose. The original point was, what on the field/locker room things has Zeke done. I know there have been enough stupidity from him off the field, but then I pointed out that Dak hasn't been the smartest when it comes too off the field things either. You asked how and I gave examples. And yes, a lot of those things he was with his BFF.
Roy is a zeke hater. Zeke is great team mate. He;s no Tom Brady....but he happened upon the cowboys when Jerry was at ware with GODell. The fact that some "fans" like Roy can't acknowledge that...is VERY telling. Yes, true Zeke is no angel. And he even does have some on field issues like the "take me out" sign. Some of it is just coaches not managing the game right. Some of it is zeke does need to be hungrier. :eek:

You see Gangsta...Ilike to give my team SOME slack. But other people think they are way cooler and so much more in-the-know by being critical of SOME players...but not using just as harsh of criteria for others. I've have actually recently been told to not criticize Dak. Get the f outta here.......you fool.

But anyway...zeke ha some issues but he plays his heart out and sacrifices his body like few super stars do. Of ALL of our team had that...we'd be SB champs.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I completely agree wth you. That's where he's at. He needs realize that, and not falsely believe that he's still a high-priced superstar player. If and when he does, he can also realize that he can go the Robert Quinn route and play well for a high profile team and rebuild his reputation for a potentially bigger contract next year.

But the clock is ticking and the season starts soon, and Thomas needs to realize where he is right now as soon as possible.

No idea where they are with this but if it's me, I'm not letting this drag out on his time. If he's stalling waiting for a better offer/situation, I'm giving him a short drop-dead deadline, take it or leave it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No idea where they are with this but if it's me, I'm not letting this drag out on his time. If he's stalling waiting for a better offer/situation, I'm giving him a short drop-dead deadline, take it or leave it.

Same here. If he wants to be here, he needs to show it. Prove that yiu truly want to play in Dallas and for the Cowboys.

Don't screw around stalling and trying to drum up a better offer.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Nothing on the field other then giving up on the field once. Cant say much about him there.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Roy is a zeke hater. Zeke is great team mate. He;s no Tom Brady....but he happened upon the cowboys when Jerry was at ware with GODell. The fact that some "fans" like Roy can't acknowledge that...is VERY telling. Yes, true Zeke is no angel. And he even does have some on field issues like the "take me out" sign. Some of it is just coaches not managing the game right. Some of it is zeke does need to be hungrier. :eek:

You see Gangsta...Ilike to give my team SOME slack. But other people think they are way cooler and so much more in-the-know by being critical of SOME players...but not using just as harsh of criteria for others. I've have actually recently been told to not criticize Dak. Get the f outta here.......you fool.

But anyway...zeke ha some issues but he plays his heart out and sacrifices his body like few super stars do. Of ALL of our team had that...we'd be SB champs.

Yeah the point was that with players who are part of the Cowboys family already, and aren't a locker room cancer, you are more forgiving to. That is different than players that are part of another organization, that you see as being a potential problem. You work with family that has problems. You avoid strangers that have problems is the correlation. If Zeke was a locker room problem I probably still love him like I do TO, but would want him out.

quickccc

Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-thomas-bobby-wagner-feud-after-loss-to-rams/

Earl does have a history of clashing with teammates, it's not like it was just the Ravens,. ..Buyer Beware.

- It's gonna be a matter of a team decides if it can deal with problem players ..ala Charles Haley, when the Niners could not handle him anymore

- ala Greg hardy, who the Cowboys thought they could handle him and he was worth the risk ...

- and no one can forget the antics of Terrell Owens.. what a dominant baller on the playing field, ...but yet in the locker room ?

Proof

Reaction score
Seems most folks in favor of signing ET are perceiving him as the same guy he was 5 years ago rather than the guy that just got himself fired by the Ravens. It's a nice fantasy but in reality, he is no longer that guy.

nope. Just see he’s still talented and better than what we have. And a Longhorn

a difference of opinion doesn’t necessarily mean a lack of understanding

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Let’s make this clear does anyone here think he is the same player of three years ago? No he isn’t but he is far better than anything we currently have. So it’s not an infatuation of what his skill set was but currently is and it’s better than what we have. Jerry loves to gamble and I say roll with it because does anyone really think the back four is gonna hold up as is.
Well one thing people here are forgetting, is our DL is going to be way better at putting pressure on other qb's.
That means our secondary does not have to cover that long anymore. Even if a guy breaks open deep, the qb may not be able to get the pass off.

A better DL means your cover guys dont have to be as good as with a weak DL.

ET may still have the ability to play good, but he has lost his mind and is a diva who thinks he doesnt have to follow schemes.
He also could not get along with other players, and hit one of them, so really dallas should not sign him and neither should any other team.

edit
in fact the nfl should ban him for the year for hitting another player.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Well one thing people here are forgetting, is our DL is going to be way better at putting pressure on other qb's.
That means our secondary does not have to cover that long anymore. Even if a guy breaks open deep, the qb may not be able to get the pass off.

A better DL means your cover guys dont have to be as good as with a weak DL.

ET may still have the ability to play good, but he has lost his mind and is a diva who thinks he doesnt have to follow schemes.
He also could not get along with other players, and hit one of them, so really dallas should not sign him and neither should any other team.

edit
in fact the nfl should ban him for the year for hitting another player.

Players fight during camp, if players were banned for that you would have too many players banned. Antwaun Woods tussled with FBeard his first year here it happens. Grown alpha males in an aggressive sport for a paycheck is a recipe for fights. The dline should be improved and if it is will help the backend tremendously. How much, we won’t know till the season starts. The biggest question mark right now is the back 4. Again ET is better than anything we currently have at the safety position by far. If the last line of defense is as questionable as ours currentlyseems the offense will have to generate that many more points.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nobody with the Cowboys wants to win more than Mike McCarthy. Yet, he's opposed to bringing ET aboard. If ET were truly what so many here would like to think he is, why would MM be inclined to resist signing him? It's an honest question begging an answer. Think seriously about it, folks! Earl is a cancer!

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Players fight during camp, if players were banned for that you would have too many players banned. Antwaun Woods tussled with FBeard his first year here it happens. Grown alpha males in an aggressive sport for a paycheck is a recipe for fights. The dline should be improved and if it is will help the backend tremendously. How much, we won’t know till the season starts. The biggest question mark right now is the back 4. Again ET is better than anything we currently have at the safety position by far. If the last line of defense is as questionable as ours currentlyseems the offense will have to generate that many more points.
Well it depends on if it is a shoving match or if one player actually throws a punch and connects, and if the player hit is hurt or not.
One player hit a guy in locker room and broke his jaw. That player was cut and no other team would take him.
If the DL gets pressure quicker, and since coverage may be disguised better now, I think secondary will do ok.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Funny, not ha ha funny, that when googled there are no articles of contract offers for Thomas since he was cut. That could just be a rumor some user here started because they want him to get signed.
Pretty sure I saw it on twitter but still could just be a rumor anyway. That being said, there are multiple google articles saying teams were interested when he was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.