Do you want the Fan Zone and Daily Zone forums combined?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We would like to know if you want the Fan Zone and Daily Zone combined into one forum? The new forum would be called the Fan Zone.

Keep in mind that we have relaxed our thread moving policies to the Daily Zone somewhat due to the mad rush of news related threads since the lockout ended.

Our normal policy would be to move those kinds of threads to the Daily Zone almost immediately which means the Fan Zone would be primarily for only fan created discussions and the Daily Zone for snippets and summaries of articles, recaps, tweets, etc. from other news sources.

#reality

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
No. Keep it the way it is. We changed it for good reasons.

PS: You could make this into a poll.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Yes.. I never check the Daily Zone.

Some good articles go unnoticed because I bet a lot of people don't visit that section often either.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the idea of coming to one forum for all news and fan created discussions. Combining the two would be a great idea. And I don't mind tweets like some posters do. The more news/rumors/recaps etc., the better.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hated it when it was split up at first but I actually think it was a good idea looking back on it.

Just leave it the way it is.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Another yes vote. I never liked the idea of spliting them in the first place. In additon it is more busy work for the mods.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. I think you have a good thing going with the split forums. The reason being you have too many fan rambling threads that would push the news off the first page.

Jenky

Reaction score
Risen Star;4022404 said:
No. I think you have a good thing going with the split forums. The reason being you have too many fan rambling threads that would push the news off the first page.

Exactly this ^.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Risen Star;4022404 said:

agreed.

I like that the news is separate from the conversational threads. Sometimes there are so many silly threads (like yesterday) going that threads with substance drop off.

If I've been away from the forum for a while, I know where to go to catch up on Cowboys' news....the Daily Zone. And then I don't have to wade through fodder for the substance.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I can't tell you the last time I went to the Daily Zone except by accident. I'm sure there's information I've missed, but I'm not going to navigate two separate forums and if there's something worth discussing it's probably in the Fan Zone.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I never look at the daily zone, if it was in the fan zone the topics I probably would.

Or atleast rename it, daily zone sounds stupid, passible, probably gets much less views than Fan Zone, im confident it does. Call it Hot News zone, or Daily News zone atleast, something along those lines.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I think it's unfortunate that the actual legit NEWS sources are not kept seperate from the

FanBlog
BeatBlog
TweetBlogs

If hope that the legit national stuff can keep being seperate from the tweets and mundane blog content.

I enjoy going to the Daily Zone to see actual articles from Peter King and Mosley and CBSSPORTS/FOXSPORTS writers etc.

The little fan stuff I feel, is fine in the Fan Zone. Hence the name, I thought.

Coordinated organization is a GOOD thing btw. You know where to go for legit articles and you know where to go for discussion and blog info and tweet info.

fortdick

Reaction score
viman96;4022403 said:
Another yes vote. I never liked the idea of spliting them in the first place. In additon it is more busy work for the mods.

Screw the mods, it's what they get paid for ....

nevermind

:D

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I never check the daily zone. Keep it simple and in one spot. If it’s a good opinion/article it will stay on the top.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Keep it like it is. News and articles in one place, fan discussions (and whining and moaning) in another.

It was a great move and was made for good reasons.

Imagine the number of valid news articles that would get lost in the mess of complaint threads when Red doesn't run/pass enough?

Iago33

Reaction score
I don't go to the Daily Zone because I don't want to have to go to an external site to see if there is any useful news. I liked the Daily Zone before the snippits rule--but I understand the reason for the rule.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Or you could just ban cowboyjoe from creating new threads and leave him with reply only access.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Iago33;4022689 said:
I don't go to the Daily Zone because I don't want to have to go to an external site to see if there is any useful news. I liked the Daily Zone before the snippits rule--but I understand the reason for the rule.

I understand/know the reasoning behind the snippits rule but it is frustrating when somebody starts a thread and there is only a link in the OP. They should have to put at least a sentence or two snippit, in the OP, relating to the thread topic.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Go Big D!;4022752 said:
I understand/know the reasoning behind the snippits rule but it is frustrating when somebody starts a thread and there is only a link in the OP. They should have to put at least a sentence or two snippit, in the OP, relating to the thread topic.

They do include a line or two from the beginning of the article.