Does Aikman win a SB with any team from Parcells forward?

Haimerej

Reaction score
Not I get it. Your simply not bright enough to understand the difference between being a run first football team and once in a while coming out passing the ball to try and get a lead.

But I'll make sure I go "watch the games". :lmao2::lmao2:

Pass to setup the run doesn't mean pass first. I said they were balanced, doofus. You even agreed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They weren't pass first, they were the kind of balanced offense we all wish for now. The problem is that it takes a top notch run game, a top notch QB, and an iron wall o'line. The team now has none of that. The o'line is the best of the three, though.

Glad you agree.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How does a bad QB win a Super Bowl? By driving the bus. Not taking risks and not making mistakes. If you think Troy didn't take risks, then again, go watch some old games. You seem to have forgotten.

worst QB's to ever win a SB.

Reading comprehension not a strength he?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I said they passed to set up the run. I gave you an article from 1994 making the exact case. I even gave you a video where Madden and Summeral make the same point. You're scrambling and trying to redirect, as usual.

At this point your just rambling. The Cowboys were a run dominant classic running football team. Ground and pound.

Who cares if at times they passed early to get a lead? Thats called game planning.

Congrats you just learned what a game plan was today. :thumbup:

Haimerej

Reaction score
At this point your just rambling. The Cowboys were a run dominant classic running football team. Ground and pound.

Who cares if at times they passed early to get a lead? Thats called game planning.

Congrats you just learned what a game plan was today. :thumbup:

You agreed with me and another poster that they were balanced. But because of your pathology you can't acknowledge that, twist my position into, "pass first," and then act like you're teaching me.

I'll just add this in with, "if they stay healthy the 2020 Cowboys have the best front 7 in the league." Got any more hot takes?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Glad you agree.

You did catch the part about needing a top notch QB, right? That clearly means I think Aikman would have better success with todays roster than Dak would have had with the 90's championship teams.

I base this on one simple thing - back then QB's and receivers weren't protected like they are now. A QB like Aikman would have a field day ripping opposing defenses to shreds if he had the protection Dak has now. Dak might not have even been a starter in the NFL back then. He would have been absolutely murdered into an early retirement.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You did catch the part about needing a top notch QB, right? That clearly means I think Aikman would have better success with todays roster than Dak would have had with the 90's championship teams.

I base this on one simple thing - back then QB's and receivers weren't protected like they are now. A QB like Aikman would have a field day ripping opposing defenses to shreds if he had the protection Dak has now. Dak might not have even been a starter in the NFL back then. He would have been absolutely murdered into an early retirement.

Did you have a few Dak nightmares last night buddy? :muttley:

Poor guy. Were talking about Aikman here. Try not to obsess.

Uh oh, your using the words MURDER and DAK together.

Haimerej

Reaction score
As if to prove my point about Roy's pathology- he likes a post saying Aikman wasn't a bus driver. I guess it came from a proper source.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Did you have a few Dak nightmares last night buddy? :muttley:

Poor guy. Were talking about Aikman here. Try not to obsess.

Aikman was fragile for a franchise QB. Took a few too many blows to the head, he probably would've had a longer career in today's NFL where it's a foul just to breathe near the QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Aikman was fragile for a franchise QB. Took a few too many blows to the head, he probably would've had a longer career in today's NFL where it's a foul just to breathe near the QB.

I thought he was a tough MFER. He was just a statue back there. Didn't have a lot of pocket savvy. But he stayed in there to the very end to deliver the football.

Haimerej

Reaction score

After watching a lot of old games from the 80s and 90s recently, I don't think I could call any of those QBs who played for more than a few years, "fragile." Nearly every game they were getting nailed at least once or twice. Plays that would result in 15 yard penalties today and they just get up and go to the next one. It's like watching '80's basketball.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I thought he was a tough MFER. He was just a statue back there. Didn't have a lot of pocket savvy. But he stayed in there to the very end to deliver the football.

Statue? No pocket savvy? You really should watch this video....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yet you know exactly why you are trying to minimize Aikman's accomplishments.

Its a thread buddy. Nothing evil about it. I wanted to find out how others felt about Aikman and the team he played for. I was actually surprised that most agreed. Aikman wouldn't have won diddly with these recent teams.

Dak sucks!!!!