Does anyone know how fast Zeke is at the moment?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t have to time him. I just need to have watched the last 4 years of his career.

If you can’t see it, go see an optometrist.
Well since YOU say so...by gosh.

How dare he play on that bum knee and brace. The nerve.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everybody in the NFL can run. Zeke just isn’t fast for an NFL player. Not at all and not close.
This is what you said. You changed it from "NFL player" to "RB" when you got called out.

Credibility is a problem here, surely you understand.

HungryLion

Reaction score
No...that isn't what you said. But thank you for clarifying.

Can you show me your sources for that data?
My source for that data is the last 4 seasons of his career where he can’t break big runs compared to backup level RB’s.

Why are you so sensitive about this? Zeke is good at certain things. He is a good blocker and he is good at short yardage plays.

He just isn’t fast for an NFL RB anymore. And it’s clear as day just by watching him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This is what you said. You changed it from "NFL player" to "RB" when you got called out.

Credibility is a problem here, surely you understand.
I could care less if you find me credible or not.

Yes I clarified RB. Surely you can even understand that Zeke plays RB. He doesn’t play OG or center or DT. So yeah when I said for an NFL player I meant NFL RB. Considering RB’s are supposed to of course be faster than lineman and even most linebackers.

For somebody who thinks I lack credibility you’re spending an awful lot of time crying about how I said Zeke is slow for an NFL RB now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The video I posted was from last year when he played for the Pats.

Watch the video again, since reading and comprehension isnt your thing.

I mean ,I guess you're on the side of zeke's not as washed as people think ,

I mean those highlights are nice ,I think knowing he doesn't have to run as much he's giving more effort and that's a good thing he's probably a little healthier but I think people forget that Ezekiel Elliott is a really big back,

he was never supposed to be as fast as he was in college and his first couple years in the league it why he went 4th overall... he was way above average speed for a guy his size, his athleticism jumping over people,

yeah he lost that he lost his top end burst but as you can see like that dump off that was called back with the flag, I remember watching that live that looked like a starting running back making a lot of people missed there was some burst in there cutbacks and he cannot maintain that for 20 carries anymore but if you could give it to him 10-12 times let him be a short yardage and goal line guy he's not going to be as bad as people think especially if they get the offensive line and the blocking schemes fixed..

So it's true he can no longer carry a team like he did in college or his first four or five years in the league but I think with the running back by committee here with him being the short yardage and goal line guy I think that he'll be just fine... I think people forget also in 2021 and 2022 what we just saw in those highlights he did that in the first eight games of both those years before he got his knee hit hard and his thigh and anyone remember the bruises on his thigh and knee he played through all that tried not to miss any games and then people wanna rip him for the way he finished those seasons... And him splitting carries and getting close to 900 yards and 12 touchdowns with a much more limited roll his last season here I mean go look at how that stacked up overall in the NFL for a guy splitting carries I mean there's not that was far off from Tony Pollard last year I mean what do you finish with like 1072 yards or something and he was supposed to be the lead back he didn't get anywhere near those touchdowns so was he can't carry the team I didn't get a running back by committee with a specific role he's gonna be just fine..

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don’t have to time him. I just need to have watched the last 4 years of his career.

If you can’t see it, go see an optometrist.
So you have no clue.

You believe everything you think of is a fact.

Chasing6

Reaction score
My source for that data is the last 4 seasons of his career where he can’t break big runs compared to backup level RB’s.

Why are you so sensitive about this? Zeke is good at certain things. He is a good blocker and he is good at short yardage plays.

He just isn’t fast for an NFL RB anymore. And it’s clear as day just by watching him.
So what is his 40 time? Since you can tell be watching him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
So you have no clue.

You believe everything you think of is a fact.
Bro. Just look up his lack of big plays the last 4 seasons or so of his career. He doesn’t break long runs with and consistency anymore and hasn’t for nearly half a decade.

HungryLion

Reaction score
So what is his 40 time? Since you can tell be watching him.
We aren’t talking about underwear Olympics. We are talking about on the football field. Fast RB’s break runs with some level of consistency. Zeke hasn’t since 2019.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Henry is fast. 8th fastest field speed last year at NGS.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers

I think I saw a Zeke chart by year once. His top speed dropped off a cliff after 2016. Very fast in 2016. Just not the same guy thereafter. That's my recollection. If anyone has a link, please share.

We don't have to just blah blah blah this. NGS *measures* this.
His speed did not drop off a Cliff not in 2016 it started around 2019 and then the injuries and the offensive line and a lot of crap yeah you have to remember to add in to why his numbers went down as well as splitting carries but getting 900 yards and 12 touchdowns or whatever it was his last year here in a limited role is really not what we call washed... No he wasn't the same player after 2019 but he could have had three straight rushing titles and he looked like himself and still he started getting banged up and the offensive line was getting banged up I mean 2020 we didn't have Prescott we had like 11 different offensive line lineups that's why he fumbled the ball so much getting hit in the backfield or trying to do too much but his downfall and being wash terms is overly exaggerated.... You could just look at the first half of both the last two years he was here he actually it was close to like 4.9 yards per carry had burst and cuts just like we saw in that video from last year with the New England Patriots he could still cut back and he could still do stuff he just don't have top end speed,

when you say drop off a Cliff the man for his size was ridiculously fast and athletic out of college that's why he went #4 he was not only a power back he was a power back that can give you top end speed and yes he lost his long burst and his top end speed but now he runs like a normal power back he runs like his body says he should , so yeah that's a drop off for him but that is not as bad as people think..

He can no longer carry a team that's correct he's not going to carry the ball 20 to 30 * a game but I think with the offensive line and a run scheme fixed around here I mean his numbers his last year here weren't far off from Tony Pollard Tony Parker got paid$10 million to be the starting running back here it was a complete disappointment but again his numbers and Zekes numbers were not that far off and Tony got a nice big new contract or whatever it is he got paid off of some very average numbers...

Chasing6

Reaction score
We aren’t talking about underwear Olympics. We are talking about on the football field. Fast RB’s break runs with some level of consistency. Zeke hasn’t since 2019.
Unbelievable. The OLine and QB having nothing to do with. I wonder why we just wasted 2 picks in the Oline.

HungryLion

Reaction score
His speed did not drop off a Cliff not in 2016 it started around 2019 and then the injuries and the offensive line and a lot of crap yeah you have to remember to add in to why his numbers went down as well as splitting carries but getting 900 yards and 12 touchdowns or whatever it was his last year here in a limited role is really not what we call washed... No he wasn't the same player after 2019 but he could have had three straight rushing titles and he looked like himself and still he started getting banged up and the offensive line was getting banged up I mean 2020 we didn't have Prescott we had like 11 different offensive line lineups that's why he fumbled the ball so much getting hit in the backfield or trying to do too much but his downfall and being wash terms is overly exaggerated.... You could just look at the first half of both the last two years he was here he actually it was close to like 4.9 yards per carry had burst and cuts just like we saw in that video from last year with the New England Patriots he could still cut back and he could still do stuff he just don't have top end speed,

when you say drop off a Cliff the man for his size was ridiculously fast and athletic out of college that's why he went #4 he was not only a power back he was a power back that can give you top end speed and yes he lost his long burst and his top end speed but now he runs like a normal power back he runs like his body says he should , so yeah that's a drop off for him but that is not as bad as people think..

He can no longer carry a team that's correct he's not going to carry the ball 20 to 30 * a game but I think with the offensive line and a run scheme fixed around here I mean his numbers his last year here weren't far off from Tony Pollard Tony Parker got paid$10 million to be the starting running back here it was a complete disappointment but again his numbers and Zekes numbers were not that far off and Tony got a nice big new contract or whatever it is he got paid off of some very average numbers...

You’re right. Injuries and being banged up is part of it.

But the thing is that’s generally what happens with RB’s who have the number of career Carries Zeke has. Their body loses the ability to take the punishment after a while.

I don’t hate Zeke. I never have. He was a beast when he was young and fresh before seasons of carrying the ball a ton wore his body down.

All I’m saying in this thread is Zeke isn’t fast anymore.

I’m actually fine with having Zeke as a backup to block and run short yardage. My concern is we don’t have an explosive back on the team.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Unbelievable. The OLine and QB having nothing to do with. I wonder why we just wasted 2 picks in the Oline.
Yes it’s been the OL and QB’s fault consistently since 2019, across 2 different teams.

Lol

I’m not even hating on Zeke. I like Zeke. He just isn’t fast anymore.

Get a grip.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes it’s been the OL and QB’s fault consistently since 2019, across 2 different teams.

Lol

I’m not even hating on Zeke. I like Zeke. He just isn’t fast anymore.

Get a grip.
You have no facts. Nice try. It is your opinion. You get a grip.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You have no facts. Nice try. It is your opinion. You get a grip.
It’s a fact he doesn’t break big runs for half a decade and his career yards per carry has been declining consistently for 4 years.

Sorry those facts hurt your delicate feelings.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Ahhh a 23 yard run in 2020.

And his long touchdown catch in 2016.

You got me. Zeke was fast…… 4+ years ago.
"He doesn't break big runs anymore." He never did. So was he slow coming out of college?