Does anyone know how fast Zeke is at the moment?

jwitten82

Reaction score
What's your point? Stevenson was the beneficiary of the one time the line blocked everybody and went 64 yards untouched up the middle. 80% of the backs in the league house that play including Zeke. Zeke's average would have been a lot better had he not been the designated short yardage guy and had he not had to have his 5 starts coincide with the Bailey Zappe experiment. Zeke will be fine.. And I will laugh at you haters every time he shines..
Lol both backs had Horrible qbs. Zekes longest run the past 3 years was 37 yarda i believe. He’s not housing anything

jwitten82

Reaction score
So you rebuttle by changing the topic? Moving goalpost everytime you're proven wrong, doesnt mean your right. Nobody is gonna play your game, just so you can change your argument again.
How? If you dont think Henry’s speed is helping him break long runs then you're crazy

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really an apples to apples comparison since Zeke has way more skins on the wall than anybody we tapped to replace Dez that year. I think people are missing the extent to which the knee injury hampered him in 2021 and 2022. I mean he played what? 20 games in a knee brace those two years. I don't recall seeing the brace in 2023 so Zeke was more effective on the rare occasion there was any blocking last year. My guess is he will get more opportunities to show he's back closer to full health in Dallas than he ever got behind that joke of an o-line in New England.
Well..I just mean we didn't go out and get a high round young healthy player at that position.

I posted zeke's new england highlights and so far...nobody has responded. Like they don't want to face the reality that their silly jokes fall flat. They'd rather pretend zeke is washed to see who can make the coolest slow fat jokes.

THAT is very weird to me. But that's me. But...hey whatever ya need to do to get by in this tough life.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's your point? Stevenson was the beneficiary of the one time the line blocked everybody and went 64 yards untouched up the middle. 80% of the backs in the league house that play including Zeke. Zeke's average would have been a lot better had he not been the designated short yardage guy and had he not had to have his 5 starts coincide with the Bailey Zappe experiment. Zeke will be fine.. And I will laugh at you haters every time he shines..
The highlight I posted had several long runs/long YAC called back on flags.

The new england team did suck pretty hard...and the nfl DOES hate when zeke has long runs....Dallas, New England...doesn't matter. I think they almost suspended him 6 games for it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In the 10 yard sprint and the 40 yard sprint? What is his maximum running speed on longer runs?
What difference does it make? He no longer gets through the defense enough to turn on the afterburners. So his speed now is a moot point.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I really want this to be true. My concern is the Cowboys don't have any faith in this being reality though. Last year they could have kept him on the roster for a $6M cap hit to pair with Pollard, but instead they decided to cut him for a $5.8M cap hit, plus another $6M this year. Now I am open to the possibility that the Jones clan was too worried about the cash value of the contract instead of the cap value, but that's another topic in itself and probably a bigger issue than Zeke rebounding or not..

Ultimately though his 2022 numbers to 2023 numbers are pretty similar....

*231 Carries
*3.8 YPA
*2.74 yards after contact
*17 runs over 10 yards
*30 broken tackles

*184 carries
*3.5 YPA
*2.54 Yards after contact
*8 runs over 10 yards
*24 broken tackles

Some of that may be the Oline holding Zeke back, but even adjusted for Oline play his YPA is still probably towards the bottom of the league. The area he did look a lot better at was as a receiver. Not sure if that's because he regained some movement ability or if NE simply used him more often than 1-2 check down throws a game. He did get about 3x as many targets with NE than he got from Dallas in 2022, and that was with about 70 fewer snaps too.
Do you remember Emmitt's seasons in '96 3.7 ypc after a hefty 4.7 in '95. The whispers were "he's washed" and "the heavy use has taken its toll." Then he gets those bone spurs in his ankles cleaned up and it was right back to his career average of 4.2 and more significantly double digit rushing TDs after just 4 in '97. Then a return to the league's elite RB ranks. Emmitt was 29 and 30 in the '98 and '99 seasons. He was a yardstick away from a 1400 yards (in 15 games) season in '99. Maybe the heavy load of totin the rock as much as he did during the regular season AND 3-4 playoff games every year caught up with Emmitt and having a couple of short visits to the playoffs allowed his body to recover. But I think it was really more the ankle injuries which robbed him of his change of direction and elusiveness that plagued him.

Fast forward 28 years and You have Zeke mirroring that pattern. Now I would never claim Zeke was ever anywhere near as good at avoiding contact as Emmitt was but at 230 you don't have to be. The bottom line is that when the line blocked for him in New England he looked good. And sometimes even when they didn't block he looked good.. I believe all three of his TD runs featured him dragging 2-3 dudes over the goal line. Then as you mentioned when they threw him the ball as opposed to dumping it off to him he made some hay. I think if you pair this version of Zeke with the Cowboys passing attack you're gonna like what you get from him.

Just as we found out with Emmitt at some point a great back is a little too old to put a team on his back. At least not for long stretches. That's when you need other aspects of the team to step up. Spotlight's on you Dak, CeeDee and Ferg. If those guys show up again like last year defenses will treat Zeke like an afterthought instead of spending the entire week before the game studying him. And I'm going to enjoy seeing what he does with that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
How? If you dont think Henry’s speed is helping him break long runs then you're crazy
No he's not.. It's Henry's sheer size that is breaking his long runs. On his 99 yarder in that Monday night game 7 or 8 guys had hands on him but simply couldn't bring him down. Dude is locomotive in the open field. I think there are a lot of DBs conveniently failing to hit top speed giving chase trying to stay off SportsCenter for getting punked by that stiff arm. THat said I do think Henry has very good top end speed especially for a guy that big. But he aint outrunnin people as much as he is just out MAN-ing people.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Do you remember Emmitt's seasons in '96 3.7 ypc after a hefty 4.7 in '95. The whispers were "he's washed" and "the heavy use has taken its toll." Then he gets those bone spurs in his ankles cleaned up and it was right back to his career average of 4.2 and more significantly double digit rushing TDs after just 4 in '97. Then a return to the league's elite RB ranks. Emmitt was 29 and 30 in the '98 and '99 seasons. He was a yardstick away from a 1400 yards (in 15 games) season in '99. Maybe the heavy load of totin the rock as much as he did during the regular season AND 3-4 playoff games every year caught up with Emmitt and having a couple of short visits to the playoffs allowed his body to recover. But I think it was really more the ankle injuries which robbed him of his change of direction and elusiveness that plagued him.

Fast forward 28 years and You have Zeke mirroring that pattern. Now I would never claim Zeke was ever anywhere near as good at avoiding contact as Emmitt was but at 230 you don't have to be. The bottom line is that when the line blocked for him in New England he looked good. And sometimes even when they didn't block he looked good.. I believe all three of his TD runs featured him dragging 2-3 dudes over the goal line. Then as you mentioned when they threw him the ball as opposed to dumping it off to him he made some hay. I think if you pair this version of Zeke with the Cowboys passing attack you're gonna like what you get from him.

Just as we found out with Emmitt at some point a great back is a little too old to put a team on his back. At least not for long stretches. That's when you need other aspects of the team to step up. Spotlight's on you Dak, CeeDee and Ferg. If those guys show up again like last year defenses will treat Zeke like an afterthought instead of spending the entire week before the game studying him. And I'm going to enjoy seeing what he does with that.
Dont get me wrong either, I'm a big Zeke fan, I'm just trying to set expectations properly. I'm an OSU grad and been rooting for Zeke hard since his college days. I know he will provide some value in short yardage situations and at very least in pass pro. Is he an every down runner at this stage though? I'm not sure but I hope you're on to something with your thoughts. The metrics seem to give us some mixed signals so who knows. One interesting piece is last year he when he ran to the RT he averaged just over 4 YPC, LT he was under 3YPC. The right side of that Oline with Onwenu is significantly better than the left which supports your argument. Itll be interesting to see what the reports on him look like once we get into camp.

JustChip

Reaction score
Well..I just mean we didn't go out and get a high round young healthy player at that position.

I posted zeke's new england highlights and so far...nobody has responded. Like they don't want to face the reality that their silly jokes fall flat. They'd rather pretend zeke is washed to see who can make the coolest slow fat jokes.

THAT is very weird to me. But that's me. But...hey whatever ya need to do to get by in this tough life.
Almost every member posting on here denigrating Zeke will be singing his praises after every TD (except for 1 particular member). Zeke ain’t what he once was, but he can have a role and be effective for this team

HungryLion

Reaction score

Zeke isn’t Emmitt.

HungryLion

Reaction score
To steal a line from Parcells. Zeke is a biscuit away from being a FB.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yall joke but Zeke can still run. Acting deaf, dumb or blind won't work anymore. Not when video proof has been posted multiple times...

Everybody in the NFL can run. Zeke just isn’t fast for an NFL player. Not at all and not close.

visionary

Reaction score
Simple, Go out and run 10 yards as fast as you can

If youre below 50, you would beat Zeke

If youre between 51-70, zeke would beat you by 0.00025 seconds

Bagman

Reaction score
I can.. he played the bulk of his last two seasons in Dallas in a knee brace. That sort of thing robs one of quickness. Both the injury and the brace itself. I think people are going to be surprised at how much better he looks without the brace AND the injury.
Sounds reasonable. I really hope so. This team desperately needs an effective RB.