Does anyone know how fast Zeke is at the moment?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess it depends on your expectations. I can think of several good reasons to sign zeke cheap. Terminal velocity not one of them.
Yeah he is exactly that - a cheap, ok option. Not horrible but it’s probably going to be “you get what you pay for.” Can he get some important 3 yard runs? Yes. But our RB committee does not appear to have any breakaway potential.

IMO Zeke would make better sense as a complimentary piece to a guy with some speed. Like he and Pollard were at one time. It’s just really hard for me to buy into a Zeke-Rico-Deuce-Malik backfield.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah he is exactly that - a cheap, ok option. Not horrible but it’s probably going to be “you get what you pay for.” Can he get some important 3 yard runs? Yes. But our RB committee does not appear to have any breakaway potential.

IMO Zeke would make better sense as a complimentary piece to a guy with some speed. Like he and Pollard were at one time. It’s just really hard for me to buy into a Zeke-Rico-Deuce-Malik backfield.
Okay...agreed. A better question than zekes top end speed would be...wth is jerry thinking? Reminds me of the year we had to go get amari.

Wildcat711

Reaction score

What about Freeman.. I will admit I know nothing about the guy..

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about Freeman.. I will admit I know nothing about the guy..
Don’t know much about him either which I would think is a comment in and of itself.
Here are his career stats:
  • Six seasons for 4 different teams (Broncos, Panthers Texans, and rams)
  • 471 carries
  • 1792 yards
  • 3.8 yards per carry
  • 10 TDs over 6 seasons
Meh.
But he’s a perfect Stephen Jones FA. It certainly fits his #1 priority in seeking FAs: Affordability.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Don’t know much about him either which I would think is a comment in and of itself.
  • 471 carries
  • 1792 yards
  • 3.8 yards per carry
  • 10 TDs over 6 seasons
Meh.
But he’s a perfect Stephen Jones FA.
Fresh legs.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
  • 471 carries
  • 1792 yards
  • 3.8 yards per carry
  • 10 TDs over 6 seasons
Meh.
But he’s a perfect Stephen Jones FA. It certainly fits his #1 priority in seeking FAs: Affordability.
hmmm.. I think "meh" is probably an apt description.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I would say he can run much faster than 95%, if not 100% on this board that are around his age, or younger.

When was the last time anyone timed themselves on the 40?
That is so dumb!
Zek is a professional RB, not the fans on this site.
I think Zek is possibly the slowest RB in the NFL.

Siroky

Reaction score
Fast enough to run up the middle for tough yards, Fast enough to get 1st downs and goal line yards. If the offense line run blocks