Does anyone seriously think Jerry is a Football Guy

rambo2

Reaction score
They’re all awesome years. The NFL is very entertaining. Fans aren’t concerned about awesome. The concern is what happens in the playoffs when, obviously, every opponent is a very good team. The last three awesome years have been disappointing. Awesome is a given. One team wins the Super Bowl. The awesome Cowboys are overdue.
It all comes down to injuries. They aren't getting caught short at linebacker this year

Retro88

Reaction score
By what measure?
Playoff success????
I'm not playing games. If you can't assess the roster then that's on you. It's pretty clear that we've had good teams over and over.

However, you all make me laugh. You guys will break your necks running in here everytime you think of a clever dig at Dak bc he can't get us to the SB but I suggest the best QB in the NFL by far could and all of a sudden it's the "team" hasn't ever been good enough. Well if the "team" isn't good enough then you all need to stop the Dak hate then.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I'm not playing games. If you can't assess the roster then that's on you. It's pretty clear that we've had good teams over and over.

However, you all make me laugh. You guys will break your necks running in here everytime you think of a clever dig at Dak bc he can't get us to the SB but I suggest the best QB in the NFL by far could and all of a sudden it's the "team" hasn't ever been good enough. Well if the "team" isn't good enough then you all need to stop the Dak hate then.
So you can’t answer the question!

Retro88

Reaction score
So you can’t answer the question!
Na, it's a clown question. If someone has to explain to you how this team is good then there is no point of continuing forward. You either don't watch football or you're trolling and either way I'm over it. Troll on somewhere else homie.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am disappointed that a handful of people (I do not count Amber and his guys, they love him ) seem to think that Jerry is a football guy.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This isn't exactly fair, lol. Switch Dak & Mahommes and see which one is the "Football Guy". We'd be going for 3 in a row too
No we wouldn’t.

You underestimate the culture and how impactful having Andy Reid is.

Mahomes would have been under Garrett. You still think we’re going for 3? lol

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Na, it's a clown question. If someone has to explain to you how this team is good then there is no point of continuing forward. You either don't watch football or you're trolling and either way I'm over it. Troll on somewhere else homie.
If anyone here is the homer it’s you!
You can’t back up what success is because for 28 years there hasn’t been any.
This year’s team is great because of two preseason games???
You drink the Jones cool aid

Forneymike

Reaction score
Howie Roseman Philly John Lynch SF Joe Schoen Giants Joe Douglas Jets these are guys who run football teams , scouting depts and yes you get results or you’re canned simple .

Jerry is the “ face “ of the Cowboys he goes to the senior bowl with cap & whistle it’s cute sure that’s it . Let’s not kid anyone who thinks differently , Jerry is the PR version . Has the radio show which I wouldn’t spend 2 mins listening to . McClay and the nuts & bolts make suggestions Jerry signs off makes the draft night phone call .

Want a “ football guy “ I give you Brad Holmes took over pure garbage from the previous regime , went out hired Dan Campbell drafted the likes of Sewell Hutchinson to control the lines , now the Lions are challenging SF and Lynch for NFC kingdom .
What has Joe Douglas or Joe Schoen ever done? They still have jobs. By record, Jerry has done better than they have. Don't bring them up as an example of a GM that has done anything. What has John Lynch won? The only GM that has done anything in my mind is the KC GM. I would take him in a heartbeat. Howie Roseman is good but he has had one super bowl in 20 years. I would consider him as a possiblility. Again, the goal is not to be good or get to Championships or Super Bowls, it is to win them.

gtb1943

Reaction score
you are another of Jethros minions happy with relevancy

Retro88

Reaction score
If anyone here is the homer it’s you!
You can’t back up what success is because for 28 years there hasn’t been any.
This year’s team is great because of two preseason games???
You drink the Jones cool aid
Troll on bro. Didn't call you a Homer and everything you said in this post has absolutely nothing to do with anything we were speaking about. Its really not hard to figure out where our players stack up against their peers aka "how good the roster/team is". You're spewing....again

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Troll on bro. Didn't call you a Homer and everything you said in this post has absolutely nothing to do with anything we were speaking about. It’s really not hard to figure out where our players stack up against their peers aka "how good the roster/team is". You're spewing....again
I thought you’d finished this conversation?
Players stack up but the team doesn’t.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Even though Jerry has spent his entire life around football--playing, drafting, hiring/learning from coaches and scouts, etc--I still don't consider him a "pure" football guy.

plasticman

Reaction score
Let me answer the question this way:

If you were to enter the official site of any other team and read the profile of their GM, there is this one particular set of paragraphs that describe his previous work history.

These paragraphs typically begin with any college and/or NFL experience as a player. It then moves to his first "entry level" position in scouting or coaching. His accomplishments are listed at this level.

The paragraphs proceed to list each promotion as a result of elite performance. He goes to a senior scouting position, then to assistant director, senior director, assistant GM and so forth with the success at each level well documented.

For Cowboys fans unfamiliar with the profiles of other GMs, this is known as "credentials."

I realize this may seem peculiar to younger Cowboys fans because no such set of paragraphs exist in the profile of their team's GM. There is a reasonable explanation for this. Jerry Jones has no credentials prior to his present position.

In fact, any credentials he might claim as the GM are actually the accomplishment of those working under him. it is Jerry Jones's philosophy that he receives the individual honors earned by mere employees like scouts and coaches.

Jerry Jones's profile as the Cowboys GM is dominated by accomplishments that have nothing to do with football related events.

"......was selected as one of the 100 Greatest Living Business Minds."

"...innovations in the areas of sports marketing, promotion, broadcasting..."

"Jones' vision and leadership provided the driving influence behind the concept, design and construction of AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.."

"...first season of operation resulted in the venue being named the Sports Facility of the Year by the Sports Business Journal...."

Whoopy Doo! Super Bowl trophies are so underrated.

Jerry's stadium success story continues for five more paragraphs after which we are then water-boarded with three more paragraphs describing the Star training facility.

Next comes the history revision and stolen accomplishments section of his profile...

"Since he took over as general manager in 1989, 46 different players drafted by Dallas have gone on to appear in a combined total of 150 Pro Bowls as Cowboys.....yada, yada, yada...."

"...have made 169 trades, the most celebrated of which was the 1989 deal that sent Herschel Walker to the Minnesota Vikings...." (Especially egregious, Jimmy Johnson had been given full authority over football related operations despite Jerry's self-appointment)

"The foundation for the future success of the team has been secured through savvy draft maneuvers and key free agent acquisitions...."

Yep, it was all Jerry.

Anyway, to answer your question.....

Some still believe the earth is flat.