Does anyone seriously think Jerry is a Football Guy

IrishAnto

Reaction score
What has Joe Douglas or Joe Schoen ever done? They still have jobs. By record, Jerry has done better than they have. Don't bring them up as an example of a GM that has done anything. What has John Lynch won? The only GM that has done anything in my mind is the KC GM. I would take him in a heartbeat. Howie Roseman is good but he has had one super bowl in 20 years. I would consider him as a possiblility. Again, the goal is not to be good or get to Championships or Super Bowls, it is to win them.
But in order to win a Championship or SB you have to get there.
Our GM hasn’t sniffed either in nearly 3 decades.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The goal is to win the SB.....we have won a SB since they have.....spanking us doesn't get you a trophy.....He has not fulfilled expectations

Like I said after 30 yrs I want more then first round flameouts or wins against mediocre Tampa

RonWashington

Reaction score
What has Joe Douglas or Joe Schoen ever done? They still have jobs. By record, Jerry has done better than they have. Don't bring them up as an example of a GM that has done anything. What has John Lynch won? The only GM that has done anything in my mind is the KC GM. I would take him in a heartbeat. Howie Roseman is good but he has had one super bowl in 20 years. I would consider him as a possiblility. Again, the goal is not to be good or get to Championships or Super Bowls, it is to win them.

Read the thread . I say if you don’t do the job of winning you should get canned . I used those 2 as examples of GM’s the owners hired then stood back . Why all this push back for Jerry hiring a GM with “ accountability “ is baffling .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Jerry is without a doubt the best money maker in the NFL. Which in reality is the most important thing in the NFL world.

Is Jerry a football guy? I feel like playing college football at a D1 level and then owning a football team for many years qualifies a person as a football guy. That doesn't mean he's good at being a GM of a football team but I would say he is a football guy. He's a football guy that is awful at being a GM.

Exactly the point . Awful at being a GM .

RonWashington

Reaction score
What are the credentials of a football guy? Jerry played OL in the SEC for four years. Then, He bought the Cowboys in the 80’s. He’s been around the greatest players, coaches, and GMs in NFL and NCAA history for 365 days a year for 40 years. There’s probably not a lot of people in the world, who have been around football more than Jerry.
This is an agenda driven argument that hasn’t made sense in 30 years.
So again, my question is what is a “football guy” or what are the credentials of one?

People keep bringing up Jerry playing at Arkansas 60 yrs ago . How does that improve 30 yrs of lack of playoff success is baffling .

:facepalm:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Results speak for themselves. Jerry is a great BUSINESS MAN. Making the NFL grow, make billions and the Cowboys a rich organization.
Jerry is a poor GENERAL MANAGER. His pride has destroyed the team, ON THE FIELD, with not a single NFC Conference game since 1996. ZERO

That’s the point . Poor GM . Hire one with accountability

RonWashington

Reaction score
He certainly is a football guy. Jerry Jones was an offensive lineman who co-captained the University of Arkansas national championship football team in 1964. On a side note, Jimmy Johnson was a defensive end there as well. That's where they started forging their friendship. In my opinion, a great owner, an inconsistent out of his league GM post 90s when the salary cap and free agency required more foresight, higher football IQ and skill at the position.

How does Arkansas Razorback 60 yrs ago get you to the NFCCG

RonWashington

Reaction score
I realized back in the early 2000's that Jerry did not have the football acumen to be the GM of a Professional Football team.
He has kinda proved my point since then.
I take absolutley no joy in this.
I want my favorite sports team to excel.
Unfortunitely we are never getting near another SB until Jerry moves on.
I have come to terms with this reality.
Since Snyder was run out of DC, we are now the last team to be held hostage by a poor owner.
Since the team has been so financially successful, I doubt Jerry is not going anywhere soon.
We are now the laughing stock of the rest of the NFL.
As Troy stated, I live in the past and enjoy past glories of what the team used to be.
Sigh......

But people keep bring up Arkansas Razorback Frank Broyles era as some way relevant to competing in the 21st century NFL

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry was an all American offensive Lineman - He’s more of a football guy than 99.9% of the ham and Eggers who post here.
He also won a national title in 1964 as a football player.

Do I think he’s a good GM I think he’s he’s good for us? Absolutely not.

Is he a football guy? More than 99.9% of the United States population
Well, that shows you have no idea what a "football guy" is.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry was an all American offensive Lineman - He’s more of a football guy than 99.9% of the ham and Eggers who post here.
He also won a national title in 1964 as a football player.

Do I think he’s a good GM I think he’s he’s good for us? Absolutely not.

Is he a football guy? More than 99.9% of the United States population
I think what you are really saying is that Jerry is "around" football all this time. He still has no friggen clue how to build a team and is one of the biggest narcissist I've ever known or been around. He is GM because he appointed himself as that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Multiple posts mentions Jerry’s Razorback days which doesn’t give Dallas a GM with accountability .
I was one of them. All I said is he’s more of a football guy than most here including me and you. I never played in college. Did you? But no one said that qualifies him for GM duties.