Does anyone seriously think Jerry is a Football Guy

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The question was is Jerry a football guy. He is a football guy.
He will tell you that too. He owns a football team...and a boat.

HOF GM, baby! What you talking bout, Willis? The best in the business.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Football guys live football, they're the ones teaching, coaching, developing techniques, game plans, watching hours of tape, develop schemes and strategies, they're the ones putting in the work. Jerry is around the game, but doesn't make him a football guy, he pays the football guys. Jerry could eat steak, know the difference between an Angus and Hereford and own a meat processing plant, but it wouldn't make him a rancher. Jerry could have a couple of tomato and zucchini plants, but that doesn't make him a farmer.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Football guys live football, they're the ones teaching, coaching, developing techniques, game plans, watching hours of tape, develop schemes and strategies, they're the ones putting in the work. Jerry is around the game, but doesn't make him a football guy, he pays the football guys. Jerry could eat steak, know the difference between an Angus and Hereford and own a meat processing plant, but it wouldn't make him a rancher. Jerry could have a couple of tomato and zucchini plants, but that doesn't make him a farmer.
anybody that can work zucchini into a football post is all right in my book

LonnieElam

Reaction score
"Dude, this team is run buy a bunch of rednecks that only care about making money, and have no clue what they're doing when it comes to football."

--my best friend that worked there 8 years, and has personally driven Stephen and his wife around, and has met Jerry a million times.

kskboys

Reaction score
"Dude, this team is run buy a bunch of rednecks that only care about making money, and have no clue what they're doing when it comes to football."

--my best friend that worked there 8 years, and has personally driven Stephen and his wife around, and has met Jerry a million times.
It's just so obvious that it's the truth. Jerry has gone out of his way to prove unequivocally that he is not a football guy. It's rather shocking that someone is so naive they still don't understand it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Very well said.

We've told them this before, but the ones who for some very odd reason still support him and claim that he is appear to be quite short on their reading comprehension skills.

kskboys

Reaction score
I was one of them. All I said is he’s more of a football guy than most here including me and you. I never played in college. Did you? But no one said that qualifies him for GM duties.
Then you are ignorant of the definition of a "football guy".

LonnieElam

Reaction score
It's just so obvious that it's the truth. Jerry has gone out of his way to prove unequivocally that he is not a football guy. It's rather shocking that someone is so naive they still don't understand it.
Yet he truly believes he is a football guy. That's what is sad.

GINeric

Reaction score
Howie Roseman Philly John Lynch SF Joe Schoen Giants Joe Douglas Jets these are guys who run football teams , scouting depts and yes you get results or you’re canned simple .

Jerry is the “ face “ of the Cowboys he goes to the senior bowl with cap & whistle it’s cute sure that’s it . Let’s not kid anyone who thinks differently , Jerry is the PR version . Has the radio show which I wouldn’t spend 2 mins listening to . McClay and the nuts & bolts make suggestions Jerry signs off makes the draft night phone call .

Want a “ football guy “ I give you Brad Holmes took over pure garbage from the previous regime , went out hired Dan Campbell drafted the likes of Sewell Hutchinson to control the lines , now the Lions are challenging SF and Lynch for NFC kingdom .

I think Jerry USED to be a football guy, but turned into a greedy, attention groupie.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I see a "football guy" as someone who's a good judge of talent and adept in their overall knowledge of football. Jerry and Stephen think of themselves as football guys, although, they're evidently in the minority of those who do. At least, the majority those offering posts on this website think they're deficient in their judgment, when it comes to the management of their team. Although Jerry's title is self-imposed as being this team's GM, few folks seem to believe he actually deserves it. Without Will McClay to back him up, he'd surely be a lost cause, imho.

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score
People keep bringing up Jerry playing at Arkansas 60 yrs ago . How does that improve 30 yrs of lack of playoff success is baffling .

:facepalm:
It doesn’t, not at all. Why is comprehension so difficult here. But it has a ton do with being a football guy.

coult44

Reaction score
I see a "football guy" as someone who's a good judge of talent and adept in their overall knowledge of football. Jerry and Stephen think of themselves as football guys, although, they're evidently in the minority of those who do. At least, the majority those offering posts on this website think they're deficient in their judgment, when it comes to the management of their team. Although Jerry's title is self-imposed as being this team's GM, few folks seem to believe he actually deserves it. Without Will McClay to back him up, he'd surely be a lost cause, imho.
You don’t think this team has been a good judge of talent? I can blame a bunch of stuff on Jerry. Building a roster with good talent hasn’t been one of those things.

coult44

Reaction score
So according to you, only coaches are football guys. What the hell are you and me doing here talking about football for if the only football guys are ones that are coaches. Lame argument bruh.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Not sure of what your definition of a “Football Guy” is, but Jerry was co-captain of Arkansas 1964 National Championship game as an offensive lineman. Throughout his time in the NFL he’s learned from so many of the greats that he’s certainly learned even more. So IMO, he’s a football guy more than most here. His only problem is he’s convinced his way is the right way.
Great Post! I was about to write the same thing.

RonWashington

Reaction score
It doesn’t, not at all. Why is comprehension so difficult here. But it has a ton do with being a football guy.

Football guy = GM with accountability. The wishbone and Frank Broyles can’t help Jerry as GM .