Does anyone seriously think Jerry is a Football Guy

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It could be an awesome year.
They’re all awesome years. The NFL is very entertaining. Fans aren’t concerned about awesome. The concern is what happens in the playoffs when, obviously, every opponent is a very good team. The last three awesome years have been disappointing. Awesome is a given. One team wins the Super Bowl. The awesome Cowboys are overdue.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I buy a restaurant. I hire a great chef who wins 3 Michelin Stars the next couple of years. I used to work with this chef when we both worked at McDonalds as college students. He went on to culinary school, while I parlayed my family fortune into more family fortune not related to the culinary industry.

I get jealous of his accolades, and fire him. I then name myself chef even though I have no experience other than that McDonalds. I proceed to stay chef for 28 years without even coming close to winning a Michelin star.

I never bothered to master the culinary arts even after naming myself chef.

Nobody likes my food.

Am I really a chef, or am I just larping as a chef?
False equivalency. Arkansas > McDonalds :lmao:

coult44

Reaction score
Howie Roseman Philly John Lynch SF Joe Schoen Giants Joe Douglas Jets these are guys who run football teams , scouting depts and yes you get results or you’re canned simple .

Jerry is the “ face “ of the Cowboys he goes to the senior bowl with cap & whistle it’s cute sure that’s it . Let’s not kid anyone who thinks differently , Jerry is the PR version . Has the radio show which I wouldn’t spend 2 mins listening to . McClay and the nuts & bolts make suggestions Jerry signs off makes the draft night phone call .

Want a “ football guy “ I give you Brad Holmes took over pure garbage from the previous regime , went out hired Dan Campbell drafted the likes of Sewell Hutchinson to control the lines , now the Lions are challenging SF and Lynch for NFC kingdom .
What are the credentials of a football guy? Jerry played OL in the SEC for four years. Then, He bought the Cowboys in the 80’s. He’s been around the greatest players, coaches, and GMs in NFL and NCAA history for 365 days a year for 40 years. There’s probably not a lot of people in the world, who have been around football more than Jerry.
This is an agenda driven argument that hasn’t made sense in 30 years.
So again, my question is what is a “football guy” or what are the credentials of one?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Jerry is a legend in his own mind. No one else on the planet will ever confuse him with being a 'football guy', but Jerry will always try to tell everyone he is.
Doesn't matter what "anybody" thinks about Jerry being a football guy.

In his mind he is not only a football guy but one of the best, that's all that matters...

Swanny

Reaction score
Howie Roseman Philly John Lynch SF Joe Schoen Giants Joe Douglas Jets these are guys who run football teams , scouting depts and yes you get results or you’re canned simple .

Jerry is the “ face “ of the Cowboys he goes to the senior bowl with cap & whistle it’s cute sure that’s it . Let’s not kid anyone who thinks differently , Jerry is the PR version . Has the radio show which I wouldn’t spend 2 mins listening to . McClay and the nuts & bolts make suggestions Jerry signs off makes the draft night phone call .

Want a “ football guy “ I give you Brad Holmes took over pure garbage from the previous regime , went out hired Dan Campbell drafted the likes of Sewell Hutchinson to control the lines , now the Lions are challenging SF and Lynch for NFC kingdom .
Jerry is without a doubt the best money maker in the NFL. Which in reality is the most important thing in the NFL world.

Is Jerry a football guy? I feel like playing college football at a D1 level and then owning a football team for many years qualifies a person as a football guy. That doesn't mean he's good at being a GM of a football team but I would say he is a football guy. He's a football guy that is awful at being a GM.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
It was Jethro that chose the coaches and the rest of the support staff. THAT is also the job of the GM. Love how you want to blame the players and not Jethro
It was Jethro who stuck with a clearly over matched HC FOR TEN YEARS
True, he also hired Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer so he has won 3 SB as a GM. But of course he should shoulder some blame for the Phillips, Garrett and McCarthy hires but he still doesn't play the game and he is not responsible for the failures of the players in big spots.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Nah, he's pretending to be obtuse to avoid the truth. No matter how you word it he will stick with that strategy.

Why you all say stuff like that and ignore the team? In what world is the Cowboys not a SB favorite if you replace Dak & Mahommes right now. You all just be spewing....

And btw.....you all miss the point like crazy bc of your hatred. The point is when you have a QB like Mahommes....you can get away with stuff that other GMs cant.
How did Mahomes look in the SB when his best OL men went down?
You do realise it’s a team game?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I like what they have done this year. It will be fun to watch with Guyton, Beebe, the linebackers, the entire draft class, and their secondary is outstanding.
Not played one meaningful game yet.
Let’s see what they look like after 17 games.