Does anyone think Dak is better than Romo was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, it wasn't "just on him". I never implied that. But he was awful. Garoppolo was throwing darts to his guys in stride, while Dak was throwing paper airplanes. He threw a few good ones, but most of them weren't good throws, and that's when he actually found the open receiver. There were plays that he had wide open receivers and never even tried to throw to them. His pocket awareness was crap. He was hot garbage.
I never said you implied it . I think we lost simply because defense let them continue three drives and penalties two went for scores. On offense we went 100 yards backwards. The game was disgusting from the beginning. Preparation. Discipline. I was pissed

LocoBates

Reaction score
Well I can easily answer this question. Dak is a better quarterback than Romo, period. He TOOK Romo's job, fair and square. Romo had good games but he was a choke artist and fragile. Part of a good quarterback's ability is AVAILABILITY!!!

Steven A. Smith is our biggest hater, but even HE said that Dak was a better quarterback than Romo. Like I said, Dak took his job, end of story.

"he was a choke artist and fragile" said the guy whose QB choked last night and had a "calf injury" earlier in the season and didn't play in 2020 due to injury. Keep trying.....

Also Dak didn't take Romo's job, it was handed to him and was not fair to put Romo back for playoffs. Denver got to the SB with Payton M hurt before playoffs, Tim T was their QB and just like Dak the other teams didn't know the QB and how to defend against him, but unlike JG an JJ's Cowboys, Denver knew they had no chance with their rookie QB and inserted back their experienced veteran QB to win the Playoffs and eventually the SB. Stat that.

Flamma

Reaction score
I also remember that...what i also remember is he is the guy who drove us 80 yards to get us there in the 1st place....no 3 and outs from this guy with the game on the line

Over time, people lose track of the situation. They think "The Catch" beat Dallas. Or the Cowboys would have won had they counted the Dez catch. Similar to the Romo muffed snap. There was still about 1:20 left in that game. More than enough time for Seattle to get into FG range. In fact, more than enough time to get the ball back and try again. But the Dallas D allowed their RB to pick up 25 yards on their first play. Dallas still got the ball back, but way too little time.

Flamma

Reaction score
I completely forgot. I just remember Aikman playing in Detroit and there was a controversy around it. Fans wanted to continue with SB.

I don't think Aikman would have seen the field had Dallas kept winning. I think Aikman came in when the game was too far gone against the Lions. That's when home field mattered. It was extremely tough to beat the Lions at home.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
I don't think Aikman would have seen the field had Dallas kept winning. I think Aikman came in when the game was too far gone against the Lions. That's when home field mattered. It was extremely tough to beat the Lions at home.
Cowboys were building to something special but just were'nt quite good enough at the time.

khiladi

Reaction score

It’s all good though. My man killed it the next year in the playoffs and SB.

IceBowler

Reaction score
I was livid when Romo wasn't even given a chance to compete in 16 and basically tossed to the curb like yesterday's trash. I mean Romo had his bad games. But to me,Tony was definitely a smarter QB as well as a better passer. Seemed to make lesser WRs better. Dak should be all world with this talent and he's not. He's an average QB propped up by the talent of the roster. Give him lesser receivers he's below average.

Dak is not better than Romo.

TR was a gunslinger with an extremely high football IQ. By his 6th season on the field, he was aware of defenses, read alignments well and usually checked off into a suitable play. Dak struggles with this.

TR also moved through his read progressions quickly .. Dak is SLOW going through the reads, and since his injury, is seeing a lot of ghosts.

jnday

Reaction score
We need to stop bringing up Romo, it was time to move on and I was glad we did in 2016... It was beyond obvious that Romo wasn't going to be the guy to take us where we need to go. I was 100% on board with Dak going into 2016.

Im at that same point with Dak, it's obvious that he isn't the guy, he's an average QB that lacks the it factor.
Romo was a very good QB in his final years. The problem with Romo was the injuries that was causing him to miss too many games.

jnday

Reaction score
Mahomes has a much better Oline, a better running game to fall back on, better talent around him and a much better O-Coordinator.
According to what I read today, Dallas had the best offensive line in the league this year. You can dismiss those stats just as easily as dismissing Dak’s stats that doesn’t translate to wins.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
According to what I read today, Dallas had the best offensive line in the league this year. You can dismiss those stats just as easily as dismissing Dak’s stats that doesn’t translate to wins.
There is no way Dallas had the best line in the league. I just don't see it.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Mahomes has a much better Oline, a better running game to fall back on, better talent around him and a much better O-Coordinator.

He was sacked as many times as Dak. KC averaged less rushing yards per game than DAL and wasn't much better in ypc. You're just wrong here.

badazoth

Reaction score
That is so wrong. What point in his career gave you that inclination? He, along with the rest of the team would have found a way to choke it away.
Maybe having three of the best wide receivers in the NFL and not being afraid to throw to them in tight coverage
If you think this offensive line has bad Tony never had anything close to this to this line

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He was sacked as many times as Dak. KC averaged less rushing yards per game than DAL and wasn't much better in ypc. You're just wrong here.
I'm right.

Do you want me to show everyone the rushing stats for both the Cowboys and the Chiefs so everyone can see how wrong you are? The only one wrong here is you, Jeremiah, and I can prove it, but I don't want to embarrass you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who cares? The dak vs romo debates are the equivalent to “see honey it’s not that small”.

nothing more than insecurity and showing that you’re more a fan of the player than the team.
No. It's just to hopefully prove the Romosexuals wrong. Put up with them for 10+ years, and 5 years later after Romo rightfully was forced to retire, here they are again.

Vagabond

Reaction score
I was livid when Romo wasn't even given a chance to compete in 16 and basically tossed to the curb like yesterday's trash. I mean Romo had his bad games. But to me,Tony was definitely a smarter QB as well as a better passer. Seemed to make lesser WRs better. Dak should be all world with this talent and he's not. He's an average QB propped up by the talent of the roster. Give him lesser receivers he's below average.

Don Meredith…Eddie LeBaron…

Haimerej

Reaction score
I'm right.

Do you want me to show everyone the rushing stats for both the Cowboys and the Chiefs so everyone can see how wrong you are? The only one wrong here is you, Jeremiah, and I can prove it, but I don't want to embarrass you.

You can't embarrass me. Do what you want. You're one of a few left still looking for excuses. You think if Dak doesn't get 5 seconds every dropback then the line is garbage. You have no sense of proportion and act like every team in the playoffs has an all pro line.

Status
Not open for further replies.