Does anyone think Dak is better than Romo was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GINeric

Reaction score
"he was a choke artist and fragile" said the guy whose QB choked last night and had a "calf injury" earlier in the season and didn't play in 2020 due to injury. Keep trying.....

Also Dak didn't take Romo's job, it was handed to him and was not fair to put Romo back for playoffs. Denver got to the SB with Payton M hurt before playoffs, Tim T was their QB and just like Dak the other teams didn't know the QB and how to defend against him, but unlike JG an JJ's Cowboys, Denver knew they had no chance with their rookie QB and inserted back their experienced veteran QB to win the Playoffs and eventually the SB. Stat that.

Dak didn't choke last night, the whole team just didn't play well. With that said, the penalties on offense and defense made us choke. Dak definitely could have played better, but show me which one of the penalties were Dak's fault.

I'll wait.

You can say what you want but Dak TOOK Romo's job, and even Romo conceded that in a heart felt press conference. Romo was a solid, exciting quarterback, but he was a choke artist.

Its hilarious how you tried to compare Romo's health to Dak's. That was borderline comical. I applaud your effort though!!

kramskoi

Reaction score
No just part time football fans know it. People that understand the game. Know that he’s more than capable of taking a team to a championship
That might be true...but what will it take? A staunch commitment to running the football and a coordinator that recognizes it (reinforces it and creatively designs for it...like a Kyle Shanahan). That isn't Kellen Moore and as long as he and Prescott are a pair, it ain't gonna happen. Just look at Prescott's QBR for the year (54.9) and for the SF game (27.1). The kid simply can't get it done without a strong running game. Cover 2, rush four has grounded him. The o-line is being asked to pass protect too many times. Prescott's atts/game need to come down and running atts need to come up. Otherwise you are going to see the same results. He is probably never going to be a quarterback that can carry a team on his arm alone. He's just NOT that guy...no matter how many times Jerry Jones drones on about him being the "Cowboys' Brady".

badazoth

Reaction score
Romo got too aggressive and was a gunslinger that sometimes paid off and other times it backfired.
Prescott can get too conservative and won't let his receivers fight for the ball, leading to sacks and stalled drives.

Both can put up good regular season numbers/FF points but I'm not seeing anything yet that says Dak is a playoff level QB.

So, it's a wash.
It could be a wash if Tony Romo had had the same Talent on offense that that has but he never had it I mean his main wide receiver was Miles Austin Miles Austin did squat without Tony Romo Tony Romo made Miles Austin Dak Prescott has three legitimate number one wide receivers and a top-tier number to and Cedric Wilson plus he's got two decent in jar when & Schultz decent tight end so it could be a wash at Tony had the same talent but the talent on this team is so immense that we should win a Superbowl with no problem

badazoth

Reaction score
Sorry, most posters do not understand how important it is for a QB to read and understand what the defense is doing. Dak has no idea and it seems like he should study game film! Look at Tom, Peyton, Drew, etc.. ! Tony was great at this and knows where to go with the ball, he mentioned it 7 times yesterday and Dak holds the ball and you guys know the rest. Kill, kill, kill...then hands it off for no gain to Zeke, It really is comical if you guys watch when the opposing D schemes, Dak panics and has no idea!!
This is this is perfect most people don't realize that this level of the game coaches aren't really coaches there they they go in there and they watch game tape and they tried of game plan around there but here's another thing that a lot of people who sit there and scream wall the play-calling is terrible play callers don't call plays tell them or doesn't call a play he called affirmation and out of that formation you can run a couple of runs and a couple of passes and it's up to your quarterback to look at the defense and see what they were and whether or not you're going to pass or run that and this is something that Tony Romo actually said so it'll quit complaining about the coaches it's not the coaches we've got a 40 million-dollar quarterback who can't read defenses we should never have paid him this amount of money

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You can't embarrass me. Do what you want. You're one of a few left still looking for excuses. You think if Dak doesn't get 5 seconds every dropback then the line is garbage. You have no sense of proportion and act like every team in the playoffs has an all pro line.
You're the one spewing falsehoods. Plus, you're one of the Romosexuals from the old boards, so seeing you rant against Dak by making up lies is beyond comical. Do some research before you post such nonsense.

PS: What's funnier is another of your groupies liking your comment. lol

badazoth

Reaction score
Your argument does zero in relation to the point, which is Romo MASKED how over-rated we were.

1. Julius Jones was our starter in 2007.. man rushed for 588 yards at 3.6 YPC in 16 games. His longest was a 25 yarder. He had 1 1000 yard rushing season in his career. It was Marion Barber as a second string back that took advantage of the deep coverages on second and long and he never could reproduce at that level as a starter. We were still 21st in attempts, 17 in yards and 10 on YPC.

2. Our OL reputation starter in Romo’s career, because it was Romo that carried these over-rates OL. Gurode and guys like Kosier were never on the map until Romo. Rivera when he came to Dallas had a bad back. Holland was a journeyman and so was Columbo. Leonard Davis was considere a bust for years in Arizona and so on. Our only legislate OL that was considered really good was Flozell Adam’s period.. the OL was considered Dallas weakest link until Bledsoe got benched. When Flozell went down in like 2005, the OL gave up like 40 plus sacks in 10 games. This included guys like Gurode. 2012, Hudson Houck was given a graceful retirement and we were horrible outside Tyron Smith and we lucked into Callahan who completely revamped our blocking schemes and our RG.

NONE of these guys carved any niche outside the shadow of Romo.

And Zeke was drafted for Romo, not Dak, after Murray left, even though Romo lobbied for Jerry to sign Murray. And I’m not even sure why you keep bringing up 2014, because everybody acknowledges that was Romo’s best roster, meaning that late in his career and he was the guy involved in game planning meetings and Garrett out the way. Romo had to force it via his contract in 2013 to be given power over Garrett, who lost any influence in 2014. Which is why, Romo was arguably the BEST QB in the NFL. So it was completely asinine to bench Romo when he finally had this roster with Zeke and the OL consistency with at least 3 all pros for a mediocre QB experiment like Dak who profited off a talented roster that carried him to 13-3.

Dak has been surrounded by gold and stability for years. He’s just peaked and mediocre.
I upload this ten thousand times this is exactly what everybody doesn't understand screaming people who sit there try to compare Romo never had anything that deck is had everybody b****** about this line now but this line is 10 times better than anything Romo ever had until his last season so thank you again and another thousand of votes

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I’ll tell you who could put both of them to shame - Aikman.

Time to start drafting a first round quarterback. Tom Brady is a once in a lifetime pick.

Haimerej

Reaction score
You're the one spewing falsehoods. Plus, you're one of the Romosexuals from the old boards, so seeing you rant against Dak by making up lies is beyond comical. Do some research before you post such nonsense.

After all these years you're still using that tired shtick. I liked you better when you called yourself, "Worm." Really fit your personality.

I remember when you tried that on me at the old board and I pulled up a post where I had criticized Romo, ironically the same play you accused me of ignoring. That shut you up for a while. But as usual, you've lied back down into the comfortable ad hominems you use to attack people who disagree. Shows how weak your position is and how insecure you are about it.

Where's that embarrassment, Worm? Figured out I was right about that, too?

btcutter

Reaction score
What's the point.

What we do know is that Dak MUST have a good RB behind him to have any success. We are stuck with Dak who is a very good bus driver. Spend our draft capital and get a good RB and booster the OL/DT.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
It could be a wash if Tony Romo had had the same Talent on offense that that has but he never had it I mean his main wide receiver was Miles Austin Miles Austin did squat without Tony Romo Tony Romo made Miles Austin Dak Prescott has three legitimate number one wide receivers and a top-tier number to and Cedric Wilson plus he's got two decent in jar when & Schultz decent tight end so it could be a wash at Tony had the same talent but the talent on this team is so immense that we should win a Superbowl with no problem
Romo had guys like Sam Hurd, ,Laurent Robinson, Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton, Terrence Williams, Jesse Holley that all disappeared after they left Dallas. Needless to say, Romo made receivers better than they were.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
After all these years you're still using that tired shtick. I liked you better when you called yourself, "Worm." Really fit your personality.

I remember when you tried that on me at the old board and I pulled up a post where I had criticized Romo, ironically the same play you accused me of ignoring. That shut you up for a while. But as usual, you've lied back down into the comfortable ad hominems you use to attack people who disagree. Shows how weak your position is and how insecure you are about it.

Where's that embarrassment, Worm? Figured out I was right about that, too?
The Chiefs against the Steelers rushed for 106 yards.

Screenshot-20220117-223509-Sports.jpg

While the Cowboys against the 49ers rushed for a paltry 77 yards.

Screenshot-20220117-223345-Sports.jpg

Don't come here posting against my comments and spew falsehoods about how the Chiefs ran for lesser yards than the Cowboys just to spew your Dak hatred. Absolutely foolish and downright deceitful. Hard for anyone to take you seriously when you make up lies to spew your hate.

Like I said, I am right. You are wrong. Get your facts correct next time you want to address me.

PS: I would respond and explain why I had to change my avatar name to "Worm" but I would make many here who are friends from the old boards look bad. Respectfully, I will remain quiet on that matter. Trust me, I would make you look wrong on that matter as well, but it's not worth at the risk of hurting others.

badazoth

Reaction score
Romo had guys like Sam Hurd, ,Laurent Robinson, Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton, Terrence Williams, Jesse Holley that all disappeared after they left Dallas. Needless to say, Romo made receivers better than they were.
If you were a family member I would kiss you but since you're not I'll say you're spot-on Tony never had the receiving Corps that diecast I mean my God I could use this receiving Corps I mean n I played JV football

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
I don't forget but if the guy ever had this defense and line he would have a few SB's imo.
I respect your opinion, but I beg to differ.. I like our defense [the best we've had in years], but the O-line has struggled BIG TIME this season. What can Romo do behind this LEAKY O-line and NO RUN GAME?? Not much..

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I respect your opinion, but I beg to differ.. I like our defense [the best we've had in years], but the O-line has struggled BIG TIME this season. What can Romo do behind this LEAKY O-line and NO RUN GAME?? Not much..

Well, the defenses would have to respect his passing game which would help open up the running game. Defenses can’t play Romo like they do Dak.

BigD5

Reaction score
I was livid when Romo wasn't even given a chance to compete in 16 and basically tossed to the curb like yesterday's trash. I mean Romo had his bad games. But to me,Tony was definitely a smarter QB as well as a better passer. Seemed to make lesser WRs better. Dak should be all world with this talent and he's not. He's an average QB propped up by the talent of the roster. Give him lesser receivers he's below average.
Maybe Ray Charles

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
If you were a family member I would kiss you but since you're not I'll say you're spot-on Tony never had the receiving Corps that diecast I mean my God I could use this receiving Corps I mean n I played JV football
Obviously, he had TO in his late prime and that's before Romo really hit his prime. He had Dez but Dez was just athletic and Tony knew right where to hit Dez on those deep outs and back shoulder fades. Dez faded away after Romo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.