Does anyone think Dak is better than Romo was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
This is Romo nostalgia at its finest right here. LOL

Truth is, Romo made a lot of ill-advised throws and a lot of bad decisions among all those amazing, "broken play" highlights. And oh yeah, he missed some people too. He wasn't always super accurate, he had his bad days too. Now he could have a magical quarter (often the 4th quarter), but it didn't amount to much in terms of playoff success.

And didn't he fumble that snap in the playoffs in 2006? That's just our luck, and his luck too.

Romo didn't always come back and win those games. A lot of those games were lost, even though he put up sensational numbers in the end. So unlike you, I wasn't always all that confident that the Rom-led Cowboys would dig out the win in the end.

And I don't often have that confidence in a Dak-led team either. So for me, my confidence in both has been about equal. I don't trust this team to be able to routinely fall behind and then come back and win, especially not in December and January.

So my question has always been, over the last 15 years, dating back to the Garrett years, is why do they start slow so often? The OC and HC review tape on the opponent all week, and then they come out and have no effective plan to move the ball in the 1st quarter???? Just pitiful.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Romo had to carry the team on his back for too long. Romo never really got an offensive line until 2013. Until then he was running for his life. Hell, even Jerry Jones admitted that he should have gotten an O line for Tony a lot sooner. Only good defense he has was in 07. So if Tony had better surrounding players he would probably be a first ballot hall of famer with a couple of super bowl rings.
Why would you ask a question in the thread title if you are going to force-feed your answer to us in your original post? If you aren't really wanting our answer then don't put the thread title in the form of a question. With that said, you're going to get my answer to the question anyway, mostly because I disagree with the answer you tried to force on us. I'm not saying it was wrong and I'm certainly not saying it was right. I'm saying you don't know what Romo would have become if Jerry Jones would have provided a proper O-line to Romo sooner. It's all speculation by you. You are just passing on your personal opinion as fact. Something that hate, when posters do.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I didn't say he needed to go. I just said that how he stacks up against Romo is irrelevant and what is relevant is how he stacks up as things are currently. I didn't encourage anyone to think one way or the other on that topic.
I agree that ship has sailed..not sure why the VS chit keep being brought up...

ICP

Reaction score
To me, the main difference between the two is Romo would throw the ball when he shouldn't have and Dak won't throw it when he should. Both are bad traits but of the two I think I'd take Romo, would have loved to see him play with a good OL early in his career, maybe some of those ill-advised passes wouldn't have been thrown if he wasn't running for his life 80% of the time

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Yeah. If he was so great. Don’t you think you have a handful. Like Brady. Lol. Aaron Rodgers media lover boy Mr. Hail Mary.
What is his record against Dallas in the playoffs.

They seem to move to the next round a bunch

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
…..could be….2 more playoff losses and he gets to break Romos record in that too
Sure
One’s career is over
The other is still being written

one can throw some beautiful passes but also some crazy picks too

one looks lost and confused at times

but ultimately I just prefer Dak at this point to Romo
Am I right ?
Doesn’t matter
Still being written
Still just my opinion.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Dak is better with protecting the football, Romo was more accurate downfield.

Dak is better at running for first downs, Romo better at Scrambling behind the line.

Dak is more accurate overall, Romo was better at getting the ball to the stars when the game was close.

Ultimately, results… not dissimilar.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
2016 Dak I would take all year round. 2021 Dak trying to pretend he is Payton Manning no thank you.

shabazz

Reaction score
Sure
One’s career is over
The other is still being written

one can throw some beautiful passes but also some crazy picks too

one looks lost and confused at times

but ultimately I just prefer Dak at this point to Romo
Am I right ?
Doesn’t matter
Still being written
Still just my opinion.

…..the respectful give and take of opinion without personal insult is exactly what should take place when we disagree….I just use sarcasm instead :p

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Yet Romo had his equally ugly games and losses in playoff and/or elimination games. Including him throwing an INT against the WFT with the division and a trip to the playoffs on the line. Dak didn't get it done yesterday and Romo didn't get it done in 10 years of his career.
Romo would have beat the 9ers with this roster. Dak has longer stretches of inaccuracy than Romo did, gets timid in the pocket and hold the ball too long and takes sacks. Throwin balls in the dirt, behind and over receivers all day stalling drives......Dak does this more than Romo did. Romo made Dez an all pro and Dak couldn't do anything with him, couldnt hit any back shoulder fades which Romo excelled at. I'd take a healthy Romo over Dak

shabazz

Reaction score

Dak is better at running for first downs, Romo better at Scrambling behind the line.

Dak is more accurate overall, Romo was better at getting the ball to the stars when the game was close.

agree except for the last part….I though Romo could throw into tighter windows and on timing

edit, I should include that Dak does a better job getting the play lined up a lot quicker…Romo was always down to 5 seconds or less before the play clock would wind down

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
agree except for the last part….I though Romo could throw into tighter windows and on timing

edit, I should include that Dak does a better job getting the play lined up a lot quicker…Romo was always down to 5 seconds or less before the play clock would wind down
Romo wait until last few seconds to snap because he was trying to get the defense to tell their coverage. Dak thinks he knows and just goes with it. Its better if Dak isn't given a chance to read defense and just plays hurry up

shabazz

Reaction score
Romo wait until last few seconds to snap because he was trying to get the defense to tell their coverage. Dak thinks he knows and just goes with it. Its better if Dak isn't given a chance to read defense and just plays hurry up

it wasn’t that he snapped it with only a few seconds that bothered me…..it was that the line didn’t even get into their stance until there was 7 or less seconds. Seems like it didn’t leave enough time to read, audible, and get off the play in time…..Dak gets this line in its stance and there’s 14 seconds left on the play clock which affords him enough time to misread the defense and audible to the wrong play

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Dak is nowhere near accurate and only benefits from higher completion % due to how much the NFL has changed even since 2014. Romo was facing much tougher defenses.

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
Well I liked Romo a lot, thought he was a very good QB that carried many of those teams back then.
I thought Dak had turned a corner last year before the injury, and this year before the Denver game…but I think now, Romo would run circles around Dak with this roster….

we are about to see what Dak can do in the next few years because of his and others bloated contracts we aren’t going to be able to field a roster anywhere near as talented as this one. So it will be much more like the Romo cash strapped years around here very soon.

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
Well I liked Romo a lot, thought he was a very good QB that carried many of those teams back then.
I thought Dak had turned a corner last year before the injury, and this year before the Denver game…but I think now, Romo would run circles around Dak with this roster….

we are about to see what Dak can do in the next few years because of his and others bloated contracts we aren’t going to be able to field a roster anywhere near as talented as this one. So it will be much more like the Romo cash strapped years around here very soon.
What did Dak do well last year before the injury? He played piss poor in each game until the end when the game was out of hand. Granted, the defense was terrible, but Dak did no favors with his inability to score points early. He was terrible last year so don't let the garage points and stats at the end of blow out games fool you.

Status
Not open for further replies.