Does anyone think Dak is better than Romo was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Hard to say which quarterback was actually better both were saddled with this franchise and Jerry's culture.

I do know that I really didn't like watching Romo play after a while because of his gambler gunslinger style that too many times ended up in heartbreak.

Conversely I loved watching Dak play when he came into the league as his style centered around ball security and he could run the ball take on tacklers and get back up and lead the team.

I'm watching Dak struggle with an offensive line that's crushing his best efforts with pre-snap penalties Romo suffered the same situation.

I very much like the fact that Dak

struggled as a passer but worked on his craft and became better.
I hated the fact that Romo had the tools to be successful but in his prime worked on his celebrity status more than concentrating on football.
Eventually his body failed him and he squandered his prime and his opportunity by putting girls before the game.
Dak may not be as talented but he does put everything he has towards the game and I have to give him credit for that.
Lately Dak it's not his old self and is playing tentatively not sure if it was because of the injury or what but he needs to get back to his old self

All that said it didn't and doesn't matter which one of them is better They are all undermined by Jerry's culture which makes success impossible.

badazoth

Reaction score
Romo had better or equivalent lines.
No he didn't Tony Romo had escapability so he made the lines look better than they were his lines were horrible Kosta his Center was probably the worst center in the history of the NFL it wasn't until those last years that he had a serviceable line

Brujo

Reaction score
Romo wouldn't have tried spiking the ball with time expiring. He might have thrown an INT in the endzone but he would have at least had the football IQ and situational awareness of an NFL QB.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No he didn't Tony Romo had escapability so he made the lines look better than they were his lines were horrible Kosta his Center was probably the worst center in the history of the NFL it wasn't until those last years that he had a serviceable line

Let me see, Kosta versus Biadasz? Surely you jest.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That might be true...but what will it take? A staunch commitment to running the football and a coordinator that recognizes it (reinforces it and creatively designs for it...like a Kyle Shanahan). That isn't Kellen Moore and as long as he and Prescott are a pair, it ain't gonna happen. Just look at Prescott's QBR for the year (54.9) and for the SF game (27.1). The kid simply can't get it done without a strong running game. Cover 2, rush four has grounded him. The o-line is being asked to pass protect too many times. Prescott's atts/game need to come down and running atts need to come up. Otherwise you are going to see the same results. He is probably never going to be a quarterback that can carry a team on his arm alone. He's just NOT that guy...no matter how many times Jerry Jones drones on about him being the "Cowboys' Brady".
There’s nobody in the league that is that guy. Good post. But you’ve got away from the point

badazoth

Reaction score
Let me see, Kosta versus Biadasz? Surely you jest.
Are you hi if b i d i a z e took a poop it would be five times better than Kosta ever was my God you people complain about this line Tony Romo would have killed for this line I'm out

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are you hi if b i d i a z e took a poop it would be five times better than Kosta ever was my God you people complain about this line Tony Romo would have killed for this line I'm out

That sounds nothing like a vote for Biadasz, but a slight against Dak. Just be honest with your assessments. Both are a wash.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
It is pointless to compare the two. All I know is Dak is the QB now. He thought himself good enough to hold out for 40 million. We thought him good enough to pay it. He had the ball at the end with 3 time outs and a lots of time to win. He stood in the pocket looking like a dope patting the ball and got absolutely nothing done. At least Romo would have gone out fighting. Dak laid down nice and gentle like an old man into a warm bath.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Nooe I would just take Daks mobility and give it to a young romo
Daks mobility? You need to get your head out of the past. 2016 is done and gone. Did you watch the last game? Did you watch the last real drive? Dak looked like Drew Bledsoe he just stood there like a frozen statue. He got the 40 million and he thinks he is Tom Freaking Brady now. Romo didn't run for many yards but he made people miss in the backfield all day long.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There are memes about everyone. Tony could be erratic at times but I rarely, if ever felt like the team was out of the game with him under center. My memory is shaky but I don't remember him being mediocre at best for an entire half a season. He was better than Dak at this point in their careers. He was a better option to close out 2016 and a prime Tony would've been a better option yesterday. He did so much more with far less talent.
I loved Romo, but there was a period of time when he'd throw a long ball, and until I saw it in relation to where the receiver was, it worried me. Granted, that was when he had to make things happen, because he was pretty much running for his life and getting little help.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Daks mobility? You need to get your head out of the past. 2016 is done and gone. Did you watch the last game? Did you watch the last real drive? Dak looked like Drew Bledsoe he just stood there like a frozen statue. He got the 40 million and he thinks he is Tom Freaking Brady now. Romo didn't run for many yards but he made people miss in the backfield all day long.
Exactly. If I want a QB who might run for a first down, I'll take Dak. If I want someone who can make plays despite a porous OL, Romo is my choice.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
They are essentially the same caliber of player at year 6 of their career. But why does it matter?

Loso86

Reaction score
He has it he just has a mental block and is scared for whatever reason. Dak would've scored that botched field goal against Seattle don't you think

Cydios

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if Dak is the same as Cam Newton.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I noticed that you didn't name one player during Romo's time in Dallas, please stop.
Which team that tomo was on was better than this ???
Romo elevated wrs. Romo got no wrs paid. He didn't struggle with simple passing like Dak, it was more "Romo isn't clutch"

Status
Not open for further replies.