Does anyone think Dak is better than Romo was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big D

Reaction score
There are memes about everyone. Tony could be erratic at times but I rarely, if ever felt like the team was out of the game with him under center. My memory is shaky but I don't remember him being mediocre at best for an entire half a season. He was better than Dak at this point in their careers. He was a better option to close out 2016 and a prime Tony would've been a better option yesterday. He did so much more with far less talent.
With the jailbreaks that 52 was allowing, Romo would be in traction. and you can't just dismiss the memes just because everyone has memes about them it was a commonly known thing that Romo would turn the ball over. I remember it clearly even if you don't.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the jailbreaks that 52 was allowing, Romo would be in traction. and you can't just dismiss the memes just because everyone has memes about them it was a commonly known thing that Romo would turn the ball over. I remember it clearly even if you don't.

BULL.

Because "everyone had memes"....it was commonly known thing romo would turn the ball over? Show us the stat....NOT from your...memory.

because of memes....that's a new one. We should readjust our opinion on the matter because of ...memes. {sigh}

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I loved Romo, but there was a period of time when he'd throw a long ball, and until I saw it in relation to where the receiver was, it worried me. Granted, that was when he had to make things happen, because he was pretty much running for his life and getting little help.

People forget.....how often Romo brought us back in the game. Sometimes multiple times. As the defense caved again and again.

Only so many times you can do that successfully.

starfan1

Reaction score
21 pages of most recent thread of these 2 QBs. We will argue till your blue in the face and think you've done something. They are 2 sides of the same coin in my opinion. Both failures when they had they had chance. Only one of them can make amends to that but i wouldn't hold your breath. But hey i get it this is prime week for all the Romosexuals to come on here and beat their chest because dak sucked when it counted all the while forgetting that Romo failed too.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Imagine is we had a season like 2014 with regard to the running game, but this season.
Seems like that's been the case for decades. Great in a few areas but lacking what it takes to be a playoff contender.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Romo wouldn't have tried spiking the ball with time expiring. He might have thrown an INT in the endzone but he would have at least had the football IQ and situational awareness of an NFL QB.
Definitely wouldn't have QB draw. He would have know what he could get away with according to time on the clock .

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
No just part time football fans know it. People that understand the game. Know that he’s more than capable of taking a team to a championship

Bro, where the hell are you getting this "taking a team to a championship" crap from?

Dak has played in 4 playoff games.............he lost 3 of them.

You know what else? Romo lost 3 of his first 4 playoff games as well. So this aint a Dak vs Romo thing, they have both failed miserably in the playoffs.

Cmac

Reaction score
Big difference......beloved. Big similarity......none of the rings in the background have his fingerprints or Dak's on them. Can't fault the smile one bit.
f65fbaa05c952913a75b2af8490db25e-original.jpg

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Romo was accurate and had far better pocket presence. Dak has been more reliable and used to offer the benefit of running. That is his ace, but now he is either unable or afraid to play that card. And that makes him a very average QB now.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Personally, I think if Romo went to a different team, he would have made it to a super bowl. However, if Dak went to a different team, he'd eventually be downgraded to a backup.

This is Romo nostalgia at its finest right here. LOL

Truth is, Romo made a lot of ill-advised throws and a lot of bad decisions among all those amazing, "broken play" highlights. And oh yeah, he missed some people too. He wasn't always super accurate, he had his bad days too. Now he could have a magical quarter (often the 4th quarter), but it didn't amount to much in terms of playoff success.

And didn't he fumble that snap in the playoffs in 2006? That's just our luck, and his luck too.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether Dak is better than Romo was is completely irrelevant. Romo isn't an option. The question is only if Dak is the best option or if pursuing another QB would be the better way to go.

Vandyr

Reaction score
This is Romo nostalgia at its finest right here. LOL

Truth is, Romo made a lot of ill-advised throws and a lot of bad decisions among all those amazing, "broken play" highlights. And oh yeah, he missed some people too. He wasn't always super accurate, he had his bad days too. Now he could have a magical quarter (often the 4th quarter), but it didn't amount to much in terms of playoff success.

And didn't he fumble that snap in the playoffs in 2006? That's just our luck, and his luck too.

Maybe, but with Romo you always had the feeling anything could happen. Romo was dynamic, and I think with a better coaching staff and a better team he would have been good. There's no denying Romo elevated the players around him, just look at how awesome Dez was with Romo and how terrible he was with Dak.
With Dak, on the other hand, you know when the game is over, because he's not going to do anything clutch or spectacular. He's the text book definition of a bus driver. And he doesn't elevate anyone around him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Whether Dak is better than Romo was is completely irrelevant. Romo isn't an option. The question is only if Dak is the best option or if pursuing another QB would be the better way to go.
a top 10 qb isn't going anywhere. he in fact whether its not your opinion facts show his rankings 7-10 easily before the calf he was on fires and in the mvp convo, top 5 etc

theres no better options whether drafted or giving up draft capital for who? that are truly better? i mean so much better its worth losing draft picks and cap money.

sorry but

too bad dak cant block and tackle himself or make those grown azz OL not hold and get 14 penalties in playoff game. I mean its all him. right get the pluck over it haters. it was easy to see the Offensive line torpedo this game and add the DL getting 3 offsides penalties i mean hard to win against equal talent when you make the big mistakes all game. hard to play 1st and 20 every series when the other teams playing 1st and 10..thats a reality, when they dont hold they aren't blocking well and daks running for his life.

for the OP I was the biggest romo fan here and while id take Romo over Dak, dak has come long way and now i believe hes on the same level. they both can't win when their teammates fail around them, they aren't elite but top 10 qbs dont grow on trees.

hes not the one who lost this last game we saw 14 penalties do that, most games hes not the issue, hes not missing FGs, blocks, tackles, dropping passes, curtain glare ,or calling bad plays.

this is team game always has been and yes dak like other qbs have soem bad moments but most games especially last week's payoff loss is not on him..

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Romo may not have always pulled it out in the end but I always felt like he was gonna try his best and that we had a good shot. I certainly don't ever remember him flat out pooping his pants like Dak just did.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Romo is so overrated. He's all regular season stats but what did he win? This fan base loves losers. Troy is the gold standard not Dak or Romo who are 1-3 in their playoff careers.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo is so overrated. He's all regular season stats but what did he win? This fan base loves losers. Troy is the gold standard not Dak or Romo who are 1-3 in their playoff careers.
Fwiw
Romo teams were 2 - 4. In the playoffs, with 3 of those 4 losses coming down to the very end.
He has one of the better career PLAYOFF QB ratings inNFL history,
But yes, 2-4 was disappointing

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a top 10 qb isn't going anywhere. he in fact whether its not your opinion facts show his rankings 7-10 easily before the calf he was on fires and in the mvp convo, top 5 etc

theres no better options whether drafted or giving up draft capital for who? that are truly better? i mean so much better its worth losing draft picks and cap money.

sorry but

too bad dak cant block and tackle himself or make those grown azz OL not hold and get 14 penalties in playoff game. I mean its all him. right get the pluck over it haters. it was easy to see the Offensive line torpedo this game and add the DL getting 3 offsides penalties i mean hard to win against equal talent when you make the big mistakes all game. hard to play 1st and 20 every series when the other teams playing 1st and 10..thats a reality, when they dont hold they aren't blocking well and daks running for his life.

for the OP I was the biggest romo fan here and while id take Romo over Dak, dak has come long way and now i believe hes on the same level. they both can't win when their teammates fail around them, they aren't elite but top 10 qbs dont grow on trees.

hes not the one who lost this last game we saw 14 penalties do that, most games hes not the issue, hes not missing FGs, blocks, tackles, dropping passes, curtain glare ,or calling bad plays.

this is team game always has been and yes dak like other qbs have soem bad moments but most games especially last week's payoff loss is not on him..
I didn't say he needed to go. I just said that how he stacks up against Romo is irrelevant and what is relevant is how he stacks up as things are currently. I didn't encourage anyone to think one way or the other on that topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.