Does anyone think Dak is better than Romo was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke21

Reaction score
Shame we are still comparing. I advocated strongly that Romo should have come back. Instead of this debate.. we would have given Romo his 'chance' with a very strong team. Then he could have retired and Dak comes on with another 2-3 seasons sitting behind Tony. Worked for Rodgers and plenty others.

I do think Romo was a better QB.. I think he was both under rated and over rated at times. No doubt in my mind that Romo played with inferior squads and coaching than Dak has had. If it was the classic school yard scenario I would pick Romo every single time..

And now I see Brady still ruling and I wonder how many more years we could have had.

Romo had some truly horrific squads around him and one of the worst HC in the league.. and still moulded the team into some semi successful seasons. Put Dak in some of those squads.. yikes.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Shame we are still comparing. I advocated strongly that Romo should have come back. Instead of this debate.. we would have given Romo his 'chance' with a very strong team. Then he could have retired and Dak comes on with another 2-3 seasons sitting behind Tony. Worked for Rodgers and plenty others.

I do think Romo was a better QB.. I think he was both under rated and over rated at times. No doubt in my mind that Romo played with inferior squads and coaching than Dak has had. If it was the classic school yard scenario I would pick Romo every single time..

And now I see Brady still ruling and I wonder how many more years we could have had.

Romo had some truly horrific squads around him and one of the worst HC in the league.. and still moulded the team into some semi successful seasons. Put Dak in some of those squads.. yikes.
That’s BS. Romo blew games and made horrible decisions just like Dak. Romo had good and bad teams and still did nothing more than Dak could do. Stop the foolishness please.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Romp could have came down out of the booth Sunday and geared up and played better than Dak. And that’s no joke.
Yea. Like he did against Minnesota in 2009? You fools are hilarious. Romo wasn’t $#it either. A few flashy plays here and there but he wasn’t elite.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yea. Like he did against Minnesota in 2009? You fools are hilarious. Romo wasn’t $#it either. A few flashy plays here and there but he wasn’t elite.
Or the many other times our high performing offense underperformed to end the season.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
More importantly could ether one hold Aikmans or Staubachs jock?

No.
Not a chance in hell would either one produce the same results. They may have put up some similar stats but they would not go into Candlestick and beat the 49ers. They more than likely wouldn’t even make it to that game to begin with.

Romo would have been destroyed on that hard astroturf when defenders could take an additional 2 steps and still light you up. Aikman used to get blasted even with a great offensive line. Dak wouldn’t even stay in the pocket. He would probably start scrambling as soon as he got the ball.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

It's the revisionists history, just like in the other thread about how defenses make Dak beat them. As some act like this is a thing defenses do specifically for Dak. When all defenses design their game plane around making one of their top priorities stopping and limiting the QB. They just all do it in different ways. There are certain defensive game plans in which Dak didn't and couldn't over come. Just like there were certain defensive game plans in which Romo didn't and couldn't overcome,

All results leading to the same which is this franchise having failed to take the next step with both Dak and Romo, no matter how well they have played in the regular season or how promising their teams looked going into the playoffs, that they could either get to the Super Bowl or at least to the NFC Championship game. There is no denying that Dak could and should have played better against the Niners. But there is a lot of revisionists history in acting like defenses didn't have the correct game plans to shut down or limit Romo's offenses. Philly had the Cowboys offense to 6 points, the Vikings held the Cowboys offense to 3 and there were other teams that managed to come up with good enough game plans against Romo lead offenses, that he only has 2 playoff wins in his career.

Even if Romo's teams were as bad as some insist, it still means that Romo in the end couldn't do enough to overcome and beat enough teams to get the Cowboys to a Super Bowl.

Cmac

Reaction score
In my eye.......all Dak has to do is get married.......both will have a ring on the finger.

Zman5

Reaction score
Romo or Dak? Do you want "Unga Bunga" or death?

If you don't know the joke, look it up. This is a family sight so I can't post it.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
In my eye.......all Dak has to do is get married.......both will have a ring on the finger.
but which one of his forum girl friends on here would he marry, and would the others feel jilted and turn antidak? O.O

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's the revisionists history, just like in the other thread about how defenses make Dak beat them. As some act like this is a thing defenses do specifically for Dak. When all defenses design their game plane around making one of their top priorities stopping and limiting the QB. They just all do it in different ways. There are certain defensive game plans in which Dak didn't and couldn't over come. Just like there were certain defensive game plans in which Romo didn't and couldn't overcome,

All results leading to the same which is this franchise having failed to take the next step with both Dak and Romo, no matter how well they have played in the regular season or how promising their teams looked going into the playoffs, that they could either get to the Super Bowl or at least to the NFC Championship game. There is no denying that Dak could and should have played better against the Niners. But there is a lot of revisionists history in acting like defenses didn't have the correct game plans to shut down or limit Romo's offenses. Philly had the Cowboys offense to 6 points, the Vikings held the Cowboys offense to 3 and there were other teams that managed to come up with good enough game plans against Romo lead offenses, that he only has 2 playoff wins in his career.

Even if Romo's teams were as bad as some insist, it still means that Romo in the end couldn't do enough to overcome and beat enough teams to get the Cowboys to a Super Bowl.

No ****. This isn't golf. Nobody is saying you can take a low ranked D and carry them to the Super Bowl and win it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not a chance in hell would either one produce the same results. They may have put up some similar stats but they would not go into Candlestick and beat the 49ers. They more than likely wouldn’t even make it to that game to begin with.

Romo would have been destroyed on that hard astroturf when defenders could take an additional 2 steps and still light you up. Aikman used to get blasted even with a great offensive line. Dak wouldn’t even stay in the pocket. He would probably start scrambling as soon as he got the ball.

There were at least 5-6 QBs in the 90s that would have beaten the 49ers if they were QB for the early to mid 90s Bowboys, heck one of them WAS on the 49ers. Everyone talking about revisionist history as if Aikman wasn't surrounded by pro-bowlers and future HOFs. Romo nor Dak ever had that type of talent around them and they never will.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lol yes lets rewrite history so that one failure looks better than the other..lol. Man that 2007 and 2014 team sucked arss Romo was the underdog in both games....Unbelievable.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lol yes lets rewrite history so that one failure looks better than the other..lol. Man that 2007 and 2014 team sucked arss Romo was the underdog in both games....Unbelievable.

The 2007 team lost to the Giants who beat Favre and the Packers and the undefeated Patriots. If you cry about rewriting history, first give full context.

We all know how the 2014 Packers game went. Controversial call and a shoddy defense couldn't stop Rodgers. It is what it is.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The 2007 team lost to the Giants who beat Favre and the Packers and the undefeated Patriots. If you cry about rewriting history, first give full context.

We all know how the 2014 Packers game went. Controversial call and a shoddy defense couldn't stop Rodgers. It is what it is.

Again where have i heard controversial calls and so on and so on..its cool man you see what you want to see..I see 2 QB's who played good but couldn't get it done in this circus..because thats what has happened. You happen to like one more than the other but cant show one fact that says one is better than the other...its what it is.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Again where have i heard controversial calls and so on and so on..its cool man you see what you want to see..I see 2 QB's who played good but couldn't get it done in this circus..because thats what has happened. You happen to like one more than the other but cant show one fact that says one is better than the other...its what it is.

It was a legitimate controversial call - but how is a drop by Dez on Romo? Can you explain this to me? Give me your brilliant explanation how a great pass that was ruled a drop by BS NFL standards (that have now been changed) on Romo? How is it Romo's fault that the Defense allowed a jump ball to Cruz 40 yards down the field to end the game?

Romo's 2007, 2009, 2011, and 2014 seasons are better than what Dak has done when you adjust for when they played. If it wasn't for Rodgers 2014 season, Romo would have been MVP.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It was a legitimate controversial call - but how is a drop by Dez on Romo? Can you explain this to me? Give me your brilliant explanation how a great pass that was ruled a drop by BS NFL standards (that have now been changed) on Romo? How is it Romo's fault that the Defense allowed a jump ball to Cruz 40 yards down the field to end the game?

Romo's 2007, 2009, 2011, and 2014 seasons are better than what Dak has done when you adjust for when they played. If it wasn't for Rodgers 2014 season, Romo would have been MVP.

Again when adjusted for when they played..there were QB's throwing for 5k yards then...whats the diference. I get it you like Romo more thats fine..but to most its the same story because, well its the same story.

Status
Not open for further replies.