Does Dak have a low football IQ?

GINeric

Reaction score
I’m not arguing Dak has better numbers.

I’m saying both guys win the same games..

You don’t pay a guy for better numbers and lose all the big games.

So you're going on record saying Dak has never won a big game his whole career??? Do I need to remind you what his 4th quarter comeback win count over the course of his career?

Again, you're saying Dak has never won a big game??? What would you like to put on that? And while you think about that, please never again mention Cooper Rush in the same sentence as Dak Prescott.

Rush is a career backup at BEST who spent most of his career being released on and off of practice squads. Dak is a very good starting NFL quarterback who has spent most of his career in the top ten.

It's levels....

kskboys

Reaction score
They like ignoring that part as well.

It's hilarious how all these new found Rush fans are trying to build him up as if he could lead a team to the playoffs or something. I'm very appreciative of what Rush was able to do while briefly stepping in.

But there's a reason he's been on and off of practice squads his whole career and he's a backup after 7 seasons.
There's only a couple of them, they're just loud. The huge majority of fans fully realize that Rush is a backup at best.

I really think some of them throw him out there just to rile up the Dak fans.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You are TRYING to bully. Just like any teacher who is too sensitive to hear an opposing position that contradicts their own.

But this ain't a classroom, so your attempt to just claim correctness instead of providing an argument backed with facts and logic, just make you look ... sad.

That's all.
:grin:
Translation: you're fweelings were hurt, and now you're trying to recover.

Oh, and ... boo!:laugh:

GINeric

Reaction score
There's only a couple of them, they're just loud. The huge majority of fans fully realize that Rush is a backup at best.

There's no such thing as a Dak fan. A Cowboys fan like myself is a fan of each and every player that wear the Dallas Cowboys uniform.

That's why I'll never understand the low IQ cowards here who claim to be a Cowboys fan, yet pray for Dak to have bad games. Those idiots are a different breed of stupid.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Dak has a slightly above average football IQ. Definitely above average. He's not quite on Romo's level.. But his athleticism makes up for it. Make no mistake, though. Dak Prescott isn't stupid. And if you think that, you probably have something personal against him.

You can't convince a truly intelligent person that Dak Prescott is stupid.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He went to Mississippi State. So yes.

#HottyToddy
You're telling me there aren't any smart people at Mississippi St?

C'mon..

Let's talk about where Romo went to college. It's football, man. Unless you're at Stanford or Harvard or something, it's not all really about academics and admissions. Plus, academia isn't necessarily the best way to correlate football intelligence, I'd say.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
These guys must all suck also and be worse than Dak since they have lower Wonderlic score than Dak. :muttley:

Brett Favre - 22
Cam Newton - 21
Michael Vick - 20
Deshaun Watson -20
Jalen Hurts -18
Wonderlic isn't even relevant...Maybe if you want to be the mailman or something like that, it could be an indicator. But it's not really relevant to football...in any way.
When will people learn that a good Wonderlic score means you’re better at taking a test than measuring actual intelligence? And vice versa?

Last reply, because I get worked up about this. Mostly because I graduated in the bottom 10 percent of my high school class, went to community college and transferred to a university that only takes the top 8 percent. So, you can do poorly on tests and things like that, but it's really no indication of anything, especially if someone just isn't interested in what the test covers.

You're exactly right. I'll give an example. People use the basket weaving topic as an example of previous courses that were useless or something along those lines. But go ask someone who works on things underwater how much they make compared to those who work above ground, and you'll see why they "underwater basket weavers" (it's usually not done under water) don't want you to know why it can be a transferrable skill: because that'd be more competition for higher paying jobs....in the real world, as opposed to the academic world.

Not a perfect comparison. But I'm just saying.. people compare being smart to things like making money. The richest people aren't the ones with the highest IQ.. usually, they lack in terms of EQ and therefore don't feel bad about people getting exploited. I mean, the billionaire who runs crappy nursing homes, as an example. Not the best examples. IJS.

Last edited:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
Gee. would you have asked this about Romo?

No, you wouldn't.

Think before you post.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score

Rush went 5-1 as a starter. I liked his game, personally!!

kskboys

Reaction score
There's no such thing as a Dak fan. A Cowboys fan like myself is a fan of each and every player that wear the Dallas Cowboys uniform.

That's why I'll never understand the low IQ cowards here who claim to be a Cowboys fan, yet pray for Dak to have bad games. Those idiots are a different breed of stupid.
If you believe that you are simply not paying attention. There are several Dak fans.

Motorola

Reaction score

'Fever' created this throat just to rile up the Dak fans.

GINeric

Reaction score
If you believe that you are simply not paying attention. There are several Dak fans.
I can only speak for myself my friend. You can't be a Cowboys fan without being a fan of Dak, Cooper Rush, Deuce, Parsons, Bland, our kicker and punters, etc.

These are Dallas Cowboys man.

What's wrong with people being a fan of players on their favorite damn team???

The weird **** is people claiming to being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys but appearing sad when a certain player on our team has a good game and we win.... yet, almost gleeful when a certain player on our team has a bad game and we lose.

We have alot of low IQ dumb fans here that do stupid things like this weekly. I can actually name most of these losers.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I think Dak has an above average football IQ, if that wasn't the case why did McCarthy allow him to play call one of the entire preseason games, that we won? If you look at the best teams that consistently win they not only have the best head coaches and supporting staff, but also the best general management to build quality player depth, and draft gurus. Dak is not the greatest pocket quarterback technician, but he is more mobile than what he is given credit for. Same goes for this throwing ability. Dak is not elite but generally he is very good.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Ok cool.... which winning percentage holds more weight??

When is Rush going to cash in on his stellar winning percentage and get a starting job and max contract??? It's been seven years.... what are all these GMs, coaches and scouts waiting for???
He's not. We're not wasting much of the salary cap on him though.

Funny how the Dak davidians love to throw the "hate" word around yet froth at the mouth about any QB not #4

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I think what he’s referring to is Dak homers.

Some fans want to be right. And if Dak has bad games then their agenda is supported. There are probably a few trolls or Dak hacks here as well.

In todays Fantasy Fan era there might be a few fans attracted by Dak. There were with Romo. QB’s and Fantasy does attract fans who might not otherwise be Cowboys fans.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's not. We're not wasting much of the salary cap on him though.

Funny how the Dak davidians love to throw the "hate" word around yet froth at the mouth about any QB not #4
@GINeric is just making the point that Rush shouldn't be used to try to make Dak look bad. Rush has proven to be a capable backup, when the rest of the team steps up their game, but that's all he'll ever be, and it's very unlikely he would've won even half the games Dak has won.