Does Dak have a low football IQ?

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
I would say yes if he throws 7yd passes on 3rd and 15

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Yeah but they both win the same games.
Wrong. The Cowboys scored nine offensive touchdowns in the five games Rush started last season. The Cowboys won with Rush starting thanks to lights-out defensive play; which they proved they could not sustain all season. No team can. Had Rush played all year in 2022 the Cowboys would have been lucky to finish 8-9.

The argument that Dallas would be in the same position with Rush as the QB is so wrong it's comical. It's just weak argument to support an anti-Dak agenda. Kind of like saying the Cowboys of the 1990's would have won three Super Bowls with Steve Beurlein at QB since he went 5-0 in 1991 while Troy Aikman was 6-5.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
While I'm sure that the threat of "dEtEnTiOn" or "GiViNg A bAd GrAdE" works great for you when one of your students challenge your warped world view, that crap don't cut it against adults.

So when you want to grow up and join the adults in real discussion, instead of trying to bully others into saying you are right as if they were one of your students, I'll be here.
:thumbup:
Oh, so I'm bullying you know?
Didn't you just deride me for cultural conformity via the academic realm?
Pot meet kettle.
Oh, and since I'm the "bully" ... boo! :laugh:

GINeric

Reaction score
Yeah but they both win the same games.

They both win games. Dak is a starter and has a max contract because of that fact.

Why haven't Rush been picked up, given a starting position and paid a max contract???

Don't 31 other GMs, scouts and coaches realize like you that Rush win games?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They both win games. Dak is a starter and has a max contract because of that fact.

Why haven't Rush been picked up, given a starting position and paid a max contract???

Don't 31 other GMs, scouts and coaches realize like you that Rush win games?
Yeah but what’s the point of paying Dak if Rush can just win the same games?

coult44

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
What’s the difference between a sack and a 10 yard grounding penalty? In the pocket , nobody to throw away to? Very fast! The question you should ask is should the OL who let the guy fly in be playing? We blame the QB but not the lineman?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wrong. The Cowboys scored nine offensive touchdowns in the five games Rush started last season. The Cowboys won with Rush starting thanks to lights-out defensive play; which they proved they could not sustain all season. No team can. Had Rush played all year in 2022 the Cowboys would have been lucky to finish 8-9.

The argument that Dallas would be in the same position with Rush as the QB is so wrong it's comical. It's just weak argument to support an anti-Dak agenda. Kind of like saying the Cowboys of the 1990's would have won three Super Bowls with Steve Beurlein at QB since he went 5-0 in 1991 while Troy Aikman was 6-5.
the defense in Rush's wins gave up 13.5 pts/game. give me that defense and I can win 4,5 games.

the first game the defense gave up more than 20, he couldn't come close to winning it.

yeah, this Rush BS is just that. total BS.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Oh, so I'm bullying you know?
Didn't you just deride me for cultural conformity via the academic realm?
Pot meet kettle.
Oh, and since I'm the "bully" ... boo! :laugh:
You are TRYING to bully. Just like any teacher who is too sensitive to hear an opposing position that contradicts their own.

But this ain't a classroom, so your attempt to just claim correctness instead of providing an argument backed with facts and logic, just make you look ... sad.

That's all.
:grin:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As a QB he is slow to process information at times.
That’s your opinion and it’s BS. You don’t remain a starting QB in the NFL for 8 seasons if you’re slow to process information. John Gruden put him through a film study prior to the draft and he wasn’t slow in the least at processing information.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s your opinion and it’s BS. You don’t remain a starting QB in the NFL for 8 seasons if you’re slow to process information. John Gruden put him through a film study prior to the draft and he wasn’t slow in the least at processing information.

Oh my…

Loso86

Reaction score
Come on now The answer is NO. Easier said than done when the pressure comes quick and your time clock is quicker and quicker

kskboys

Reaction score
There have been many starting QBs slow to process info. I'm not sure you're aware of what it means.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol.

It's "either" not neither since you think i am dumb.

2ndly...i don't have a degree but have people with Master's degrees and a Phd reporting to me.

You were saying?
Thank you for correction.

I was saying you still might be dumb.

Wait....no....i wasnt saying that. I was saying people with degrees are dumb....thats why they do what you tell them.

RoboQB

Reaction score
No, it's just that his brain doesn't work fast enough. That is normal for NFL QB's, not rare at all. Only a very few have brains that work fast enough to know where to throw in 1.4 seconds.
I agree with your point, exactly.
As an example, I remember a piece on Kurt Warner stating the key to
his success was his unusually quick decision making.