Does Dak have a low football IQ?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
No he doesn’t, but over 60% of Zoners certainly do.

GINeric

Reaction score
Yeah but they both win the same games.

Yeah but what’s the point of paying Dak if Rush can just win the same games?

Because Rush is not an NFL quality/level starter. Dak's career win percentage, yards, touchdowns, and contract numbers vs Cooper Rush's ALL explain why Rush isn't qualified to be a starter and in the same conversation as Dak or any other top 10 quarterback in the NFL. It's levels to this son.

I noticed you conveniently avoided answering my questions about why other GMs, scouts and coaches haven't snatched up Rush, gave him a starting job and max contract after 7 years in the league.

You have better dodging skills than Barry Sanders in his prime.

With that said.... men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
Zero recognition sometimes where he is actually standing on the field should be an enormous red flag.
Dak has a mental issue that only he can figure out if not too late for the game.
Dak will suffer PTSD when he finally decides to hang it up and walk away from Jerry's paycheck.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Because Rush is not an NFL quality/level starter. Dak's career win percentage, yards, touchdowns, and contract numbers vs Cooper Rush's ALL explain why Rush isn't qualified to be a starter and in the same conversation as Dak or any other top 10 quarterback in the NFL. It's levels to this son.

I noticed you conveniently avoided answering my questions about why other GMs, scouts and coaches haven't snatched up Rush, gave him a starting job and max contract after 7 years in the league.

I’m not arguing Dak has better numbers.

I’m saying both guys win the same games..

You don’t pay a guy for better numbers and lose all the big games.

kskboys

Reaction score

Even more simple than that. Rush does not have the arm to be an NFL QB. His arm is worse than Matt Cassell's, who failed due to lack of arm strength.

Staubacher

Reaction score

You failed at winning percentage

Staubacher

Reaction score
Even more simple than that. Rush does not have the arm to be an NFL QB. His arm is worse than Matt Cassell's, who failed due to lack of arm strength.
Yet he still won at a higher pace than #4.
Doesn't make him good but it says a lot about #4

kskboys

Reaction score
If left in for an extended length of time, he'd start losing. Dude is a master at running an O. Handoffs to the RBs were crisp and much sooner, which gave them time. Throws were of the anticipatory type, which means he let go the ball quickly which leaves less time for sacks. If his arm were just a little better, sure, but it's not.

Reminds me of Tebow. His style worked for a short time. Won like 5 games in a row or something like that. Know what people don't remember? After that, Tebow was terrible. Lost his last 3 games to end the season, and only made the playoffs at 8-8 due to the extreme ineptitude of the other teams in the division.

There have been a host of QBs who won a few games in a row. Derek Anderson. Hades, looks like Brock Purdy might be in that category, too soon to tell. Remember when Matt Cassell was 10-6?

You absolutely cannot come to a judgment from a short sample. Rush would not be in the NFL if not for Jerry.

Staubacher

Reaction score
If left in for an extended length of time, he'd start losing. Dude is a master at running an O. Handoffs to the RBs were crisp and much sooner, which gave them time. Throws were of the anticipatory type, which means he let go the ball quickly which leaves less time for sacks. If his arm were just a little better, sure, but it's not.

Reminds me of Tebow. His style worked for a short time. Won like 5 games in a row or something like that. Know what people don't remember? After that, Tebow was terrible. Lost his last 3 games to end the season, and only made the playoffs at 8-8 due to the extreme ineptitude of the other teams in the division.

There have been a host of QBs who won a few games in a row. Derek Anderson. Hades, looks like Brock Purdy might be in that category, too soon to tell. Remember when Matt Cassell was 10-6?

You absolutely cannot come to a judgment from a short sample. Rush would not be in the NFL if not for Jerry.
My point was if there's enough talent around Rush to win there's no excuse for the 40 mil franchise QB to keep falling short

GINeric

Reaction score
You failed at winning percentage
Ok cool.... which winning percentage holds more weight??

When is Rush going to cash in on his stellar winning percentage and get a starting job and max contract??? It's been seven years.... what are all these GMs, coaches and scouts waiting for???

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dumbest discussion ever Dak/Rush, its blatant ignorance of real play to even try and make this a thing.. Dak has faults pulling Rush into the discussion for any reason is complete jackassery

GINeric

Reaction score

They like ignoring that part as well.

It's hilarious how all these new found Rush fans are trying to build him up as if he could lead a team to the playoffs or something. I'm very appreciative of what Rush was able to do while briefly stepping in.

But there's a reason he's been on and off of practice squads his whole career and he's a backup after 7 seasons.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Give me a defense that keeps scoring at 13 points per game. I.show you a championship team. Heck I could win 3 or 4 game in the season with that kind of defense. If your defense plays like that you should be blowing up teams regularly. So that's all you need to k ow about Rush