Does the idea of drafting another quarterback in the first round entice you at all?

Reaction score
If Love is sitting there at #17, I wouldn't mind grabbing him.

But no trading up and using up draft capital.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And in all likelihood, that trade is not available. Burrow is from Ohio, Cincy giving up that pick would take something along the line of the Walker trade. Would you give up 3 firsts, 3 seconds, and a couple of players?
Burrows isn’t obtainable. We aren’t a total rebuild team. I wouldn’t give up the ranch for him.

If we can’t sign Dak for a reasonable contract we should pursue other journeyman with similar talent if they are willing to take much less.

I’d be fine with a Tannehill , Cousins or Foles caliber in mid 20 million range which is what I think Dak is worth. And if we go that route I’d just sign them to a 1 or 2 year deal with performance options.

Then look to draft a back up /developmental QB with our 2nd or 3rd round pick. Like a Fromm from Georgia who could be there on the board at that time.

Just for example. Don’t go dissecting each guy. lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Burrows isn’t obtainable. We aren’t a total rebuild team. I wouldn’t give up the ranch for him.

If we can’t sign Dak for a reasonable contract we should pursue other journeyman with similar talent if they are willing to take much less.

I’d be fine with a Tannehill , Cousins or Foles caliber in mid 20 million range which is what I think Dak is worth. And if we go that route I’d just sign them to a 1 or 2 year deal with performance options.

Then look to draft a back up /developmental QB with our 2nd or 3rd round pick. Like a Fromm from Georgia who could be there on the board at that time.

Just for example. Don’t go dissecting each guy. lol
yup fromm or Hurts and a journeymen..i agree..its an option for sure..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It really depends. If Dak is insisting on a capstrapping 40 mil per, we may have to let him walk. I like Dak, but he's simply not worth 40.
Good to see you stating this. We shouldn’t over pay Dak.

As G2 above stated he does deserve to get paid but over paying isn’t sound Mgmt.

There are other journeyman out there that can perform at similar level for half of that and we can continue surrounding them and attempt to beef up defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
Good to see you stating this. We shouldn’t over pay Dak.

As G2 above stated he does deserve to get paid but over paying isn’t sound Mgmt.

There are other journeyman out there that can perform at similar level for half of that and we can continue surrounding them and attempt to beef up defense.
I've actually said this from the start!!!!!

Problem on these boards is that you're either going to be labeled as pro or anti Dak. I'm neither. He's a pretty good QB, but not worth breaking the bank over.

Believe it or not, that's close to what the majority think, from what I've gathered. However, the pros and antis are so busy screaming and whining and lying and insulting, most have started to stay away from Dak discussions.

kskboys

Reaction score
And if we're going QB in the first round, Holy Kittycats, get out there and do a sign and trade for Dak. CHI would easily give you a 1st plus. If this is our action, then get something for Dak.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not hundreds.
Romo. Matt Moore. Dak.
vs.
Mike White, Cooper Rush, Stephen McGee

3 mid round picks and UDFAs.
Two franchise QBs and a career backup who just got a ring with KC and is a career .500 starter. That is great return on investment, particularly with the UDFAs.

Do you know how many UDFA QB’s there are every year? Dozens. And you almost never hear about them because they are rarely good enough to even make NFL rosters.

There are hundreds of UDFA QB’s that never pan out for every Romo or Warner.

there are dozens of mid round QB’s taken that middle around the NFL or never amount to anything, for every Dak or Matt Moore (Matt Moore isn’t even that good).

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Boggles my mind how some fans think we can land a better option with such certainty, and shows zero concern on this mediocre DL. At best mediocre. Prescott has played at a high level for 4 straight seasons, missing zero games and getting paid nothing. It's ridiculous to assume he doesn't deserve to be paid. If the FO doesn't retain him, they're idiots.

Yes he deserves to be paid but not paid the highest in the NFL. He got paid what he deserved as a 4th rd pick. I want to keep him and think we can win a SB with him but making him highest paid hurts our chances of winning a SB.

Adreme

Reaction score
Nope. In another thread I broke down the QBs drafted in the first round and sadly, to put this in context, an above average first-round Quarterback is Mitch Trubisky. THAT is the above average result.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think its absolutely dumb to think that we can get a high performance QB in the draft. People just think that we can simply plug and play any 1st rounder and we are instant QB contenders.

If we do take that path in which we let Dak walk and we end up with a QB that sucks, than you all can kiss any chance of us going to the Superbowl.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Do you know how many UDFA QB’s there are every year? Dozens. And you almost never hear about them because they are rarely good enough to even make NFL rosters.

There are hundreds of UDFA QB’s that never pan out for every Romo or Warner.

there are dozens of mid round QB’s taken that middle around the NFL or never amount to anything, for every Dak or Matt Moore (Matt Moore isn’t even that good).

UDFAs cost a team nothing. Most likely not even a roster spot. No reason not to bring a half dozen to camp and see which ones we like.

Only 11 QBs were even drafted in the 2019 draft.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NFL_Draft

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does the idea of drafting another quarterback in the first round entice you at all?
NvbOGZm.gif

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I’d rather take one in the first round on a rookie contract that paying top dollar.

That said, the QB better be damn near perfect when he arrives.

Agree. If we move on, the qb will be under a microscope. And I bet if we move on zekes yardage total goes way up and our new qb doesn’t put up great stats. But I bet we win more games

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not a knock on our quarterback. I’m genuinely asking.

I like Dak but the idea completely starting over with McCarthy is an enticing option for me. I’m good either way but I wanted to get a room temperature of the board

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Agree. If we move on, the qb will be under a microscope. And I bet if we move on zekes yardage total goes way up and our new qb doesn’t put up great stats. But I bet we win more games
What’ do you think is going to happen at the QB position that will enable Zeke to increase his running efficiency?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
lol the superbowl just got played and all of you are crying about a non signing.

There isnt going to be a signing until this negotiation between the league and the NFLPA is settled on adding game(s) to the season. Has nothing to do with Dak vs the Team. It has to do with his agent not wanting to sign early and leave money on the table for his client. He does that and other agents will bury him with future clients.

Some of you should really just log off and come back in a month because you cant handle the offseason

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
What’ do you think is going to happen at the QB position that will enable Zeke to increase his running efficiency?

2 safety’s.
Defenses respecting the qb
Playing against base defenses between the 20’s instead of loaded box’s

Basically, making teams guess what we are gonna do every play cause they know they have to deal with zeke but they can’t afford to give up a cheap/quick score. Our defense will look a lot better too if our offense can be consistent. We got guys that can get after the qb. We need a couple run plugging d tackles so our pretty boy lb’s can play chase