Does the idea of drafting another quarterback in the first round entice you at all?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This isn’t about pay, Gregg. It’s about how Dak apparently is holding Zeke back. You’ve simply changed the topic because your stacked box argument doesn’t really hold water.
It’s all relevant . His salary is part of the argument.

Dak isn’t enough to beat better teams without Zekes success. Which you have agreed.

The stacked box shutting Zeke down is a proven method for success with opponents. Can you explain why?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It’s all relevant . His salary is part of the argument.

Dak isn’t enough to beat better teams without Zekes success. Which you have agreed.

The stacked box shutting Zeke down is a proven method for success with opponents. Can you explain why?
No, his salary was not part of any argument that you hopped into. It was about a claim that Zeke’s efficiency would increase with a new QB. Your wanting to talk about money and Dak’s play when Zeke is shut down is a pivot from what was being discussed between me and Letsbereal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, his salary was not part of any argument that you hopped into. It was about a claim that Zeke’s efficiency would increase with a new QB. Your wanting to talk about money and Dak’s play when Zeke is shut down is a pivot from what was being discussed between me and Letsbereal.
The salary came up because of you wanting to compare why Henry should be expected to carry Tannehill but Zeke shouldn’t carry Dak.

We are getting sidetracked again. I presented above the stack box argument. In which you didn’t respond.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The salary came up because of you wanting to compare why Henry should be expected to carry Tannehill but Zeke shouldn’t carry Dak.

We are getting sidetracked again. I presented above the stack box argument. In which you didn’t respond.
I am asking how Henry was more efficient than Zeke despite facing significantly more stacked boxes. If I understand your argument, you are claiming defenses are more honest against Tennessee because Tannehill makes them pay. If that is the case, why does Henry still face more stacked boxes and why could he still carry the offense when Tannehill didn’t play well while Zeke is apparently limited by stacked boxes?

My argument is that facing fewer stacked boxes actually hurts Zeke along with the fact Zeke isn’t as fast and seeks out contact instead of avoiding it, which hurts his big play ability.

As for pay, you’re attempting to bring in Dak’s future contract amount. Am I correct?

I will just remind you we are comparing past play where Dak was only making $4 million dollars over 4 years. Tannehill made that amount just last year alone, so Dak’s salary has no bearing on Zeke’s performance so far. And, if it does, it’s a negative against Zeke instead of a positive to your argument. Dak has been paid peanuts and any replacement for Dak will likely increase our QB pay significantly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am asking how Henry was more efficient than Zeke despite facing significantly more stacked boxes. If I understand your argument, you are claiming defenses are more honest against Tennessee because Tannehill makes them pay. If that is the case, why does Henry still face more stacked boxes and why could he still carry the offense when Tannehill didn’t play well while Zeke is apparently limited by stacked boxes?

My argument is that facing fewer stacked boxes actually hurts Zeke along with the fact Zeke isn’t as fast and seeks out contact instead of avoiding it, which hurts his big play ability.

As for pay, you’re attempting to bring in Dak’s future contract amount. Am I correct?

I will just remind you we are comparing past play where Dak was only making $4 million dollars over 4 years. Tannehill made that amount just last year alone, so Dak’s salary has no bearing on Zeke’s performance so far. And, if it does, it’s a negative against Zeke instead of a positive to your argument. Dak has been paid peanuts and any replacement for Dak will likely increase our QB pay significantly.
As I said earlier. I can’t really speak on Henry or the Titans situation. I did see the Patriot playoff game and provided my thoughts. Basically just an over view with no specifics cause I rarely saw them play.

I’d still like to hear your thoughts on why our opponents scheme to shut down Zeke is a proven method of success against us.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
As I said earlier. I can’t really speak on Henry or the Titans situation. I did see the Patriot playoff game and provided my thoughts. Basically just an over view with no specifics cause I rarely saw them play.

I’d still like to hear your thoughts on why our opponents scheme to shut down Zeke is a proven method of success against us.
I know you do, Gregg. This entire time you have been attempting to bait me into saying Dak sucks. That’s where you want to take the conversation, right?

shabazz

Reaction score
No. Because if we don't build the interior DLine, nothing we do will matter.

The 2 are not mutually exclusive with draft and free agency. Dream Big, Aim High
r1Uw6Jp.png

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Am I wrong to assume Dak is requesting approximately one sixth of the salary cap? If so, then I think you look for better, if you can get it. For sure, don’t pay more than $20M to Dak. Efficient use of your salary cap is ALWAYS most important when building a team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know you do, Gregg. This entire time you have been attempting to bait me into saying Dak sucks. That’s where you want to take the conversation, right?
Not at all. Just provide honest unbiased evaluation.

But the longer you avoid addressing it the more I question your ability to do so.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Only if Tua were to miraculously drops to #17. If that happens, I'm texting, yelling and shouting for Jerry and Cowboys to take him. Let him heal for a year while Dak plays on the franchise tag (or sign a veteran from the free agent market), then let Tua be the next great Cowboys quarterback and pull a Mahomes as the Cowboys and Chiefs compete for Super Bowls for the next decade. :flagwave:

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Just looking for equal treatment. Perfection was expected of a 4th rounder. I am going to have that same expectation of his replacement.

As it should be. He had 4 years to surround himself with 1st round draft picks and win important games. He didn’t do it. Now he wants $30+ a year and we are supposed to be dumb enough to expect him to start doing it. Yea right, I’m stupid but not that stupid.

I remember you from before the season asking if I’d be here after dak did this and that this season. I’m still here and my mind hasn’t changed at all......but I see yours is wavering since “the thought of him being paid big bucks makes you cringe”)

He is as good as he will ever be right now and the last 4 seasons. He is a great backup to get you around .500 till your real guy, can get back on the field.

Whether it’s timing of other teams needs, his lack of talent or whatever, The cowboys can literally let him see what his value is on the open market and then sign him waaaayyyy cheaper than the tag(which I totally disagree with signing him for more than $5million since he is a backup type caliber player)

He is a good guy. He gives great interviews. He is a yes man. He’d prob actually be a pretty cool dude to drink a couple beers with when the cameras aren’t around.......but he is never going to be one of the best players on the field. He is never going to lead us to a super bowl without high 1st round picks at every position on offense and defense. And he isn’t never going to be able to get on players and lead them that are top guys at their positions in the nfl simply because there are many backup qb’s that are better than him.

With that said, he wants the pressure and expectations that come with being paid top dollar on top of that? Screw that. He ain’t no alpha dog. It would be instant regret if they gave him a pay raise at all.

pS.....I think the new coach is smart enough to not take this job if the least talented player on the offense gets paid the most money on the team.
And remember, we are all cowboy fans, not dak fans. The goal is Super Bowls and we will never win one with dak as the qb.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
what coach, OL, RB, receivers, TE did those bum QBs have? I think our situation is 1000x greater than whatever the QB had in those years. And I believe the offensive support is right along the lines of arguably the best in the league at the moment. QB should have no reason to fall flat on their face.

Hell yea buddy. This board is gonna go quiet when the dak fans to have anything to make excuses for. Dude is a bum

75boyz

Reaction score
As it should be. He had 4 years to surround himself with 1st round draft picks and win important games. He didn’t do it. Now he wants $30+ a year and we are supposed to be dumb enough to expect him to start doing it. Yea right, I’m stupid but not that stupid.

I remember you from before the season asking if I’d be here after dak did this and that this season. I’m still here and my mind hasn’t changed at all......but I see yours is wavering since “the thought of him being paid big bucks makes you cringe”)

He is as good as he will ever be right now and the last 4 seasons. He is a great backup to get you around .500 till your real guy, can get back on the field.

Whether it’s timing of other teams needs, his lack of talent or whatever, The cowboys can literally let him see what his value is on the open market and then sign him waaaayyyy cheaper than the tag(which I totally disagree with signing him for more than $5million since he is a backup type caliber player)

He is a good guy. He gives great interviews. He is a yes man. He’d prob actually be a pretty cool dude to drink a couple beers with when the cameras aren’t around.......but he is never going to be one of the best players on the field. He is never going to lead us to a super bowl without high 1st round picks at every position on offense and defense. And he isn’t never going to be able to get on players and lead them that are top guys at their positions in the nfl simply because there are many backup qb’s that are better than him.

With that said, he wants the pressure and expectations that come with being paid top dollar on top of that? Screw that. He ain’t no alpha dog. It would be instant regret if they gave him a pay raise at all.

pS.....I think the new coach is smart enough to not take this job if the least talented player on the offense gets paid the most money on the team.
And remember, we are all cowboy fans, not dak fans. The goal is Super Bowls and we will never win one with dak as the qb.

I love you man...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Your memory sucks if you think I mentioned anything about you being here after Dak did “this and that”. Might want to rethink that one.

I remember Romo haters claiming we would never win a SB with him. I chuckled as if that was some huge gamble. I bet we never win with Dak either. I don’t even know who the next QB is but I would bet right now we won’t win with that one either, or the one after that. Pretty safe bet considering the overwhelming majority of QBs won’t play in a SB let alone win one. But puff that chest out and make that bold prediction about Dak :laugh:

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Your memory sucks if you think I mentioned anything about you being here after Dak did “this and that”. Might want to rethink that one.

I remember Romo haters claiming we would never win a SB with him. I chuckled as if that was some huge gamble. I bet we never win with Dak either. I don’t even know who the next QB is but I would bet right now we won’t win with that one either, or the one after that. Pretty safe bet considering the overwhelming majority of QBs won’t play in a SB let alone win one. But puff that chest out and make that bold prediction about Dak :laugh:

Ill look it up for you. I remember your name because it reminds me of a good football coach named Greg schiano when I see it. I’ll tag you when I find it but it will be a bit before I do (I work nights)

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ill look it up for you. I remember your name because it reminds me of a good football coach named Greg schiano when I see it. I’ll tag you when I find it but it will be a bit before I do (I work nights)
Good deal. I look forward to it.