Dolphins extend Tua, $212.4M

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There’s no one left but Jordan Love lol. 58-60 million per would’ve got the deal done. Stephen and Jerry are why nothing has been done.
I believe it takes both sides. Obviously, the Joneses are not offering what Dak's side wants and he wants more than the Joneses are offering. It takes two to tango.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't either but there were some who thought they were going to let him play out his deal and move on.
Really? Yeah I never thought that but if there’s someone who should’ve played on a prove it deal I would expect it to have been him he’s not they removed from those concussions….

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
$53m per is about right for Tua. He is still playing on his 5th year option too so over 5 years it's closer to $47M per year. $53M slots him in just under 21% of the cap this year which ranks him 11th in the league, passing Goff by an extremely slim margin.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I believe it takes both sides. Obviously, the Joneses are not offering what Dak's side wants and he wants more than the Joneses are offering. It takes two to tango.
The only argument is if Dak doesn’t want to be here which I wouldn’t based on their incompetence. If they wanted to get the deal done it would’ve been done. That we do know.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
The longer they wait, the more expensive it becomes.

If their plan is to make him play out this year and see if he can take them farther in the playoffs, that's fine.

But if you extend him now it is the absolute worst possible timing. Which means he will probably get signed soon.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dolphins have a coach they like, have spent pretty heavily to field a team around the QB. Always made sense they were going to get this done unless Tua got unreasonable or there were concerns about his health that aren't public knowledge. They are trying to give themselves a window.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
"I'm not intelligent enough to know what 'masochistic' means, but I'll still try using it in a sentence in an attempt to appear educated."

- @MountaineerCowboy
:lmao2:
This is a fake quote and hopefully the mods do what needs to be done.

Your emotions towards Dak get the best of you too much and cause you to break rules.

You're hurting right now because you know it's almost over, but that's no excuse to make up a fake quote.