Dolphins extend Tua, $212.4M

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But he’s killing his salary cap lol. In favor of public perception? The guy who just disowned his illegitimate daughter? His public perception sucks and always will.
Most fans couldnt care less about his paternity suit.

He’s more concerned about the media and fans thinking he pulled the trigger too soon on a Market Price deal after Daks horrible playoff performance before seeing what these others QB’s would receive .

He’s not as worried about his Cap . He’s looking at paying 3 players about 50% of his cap. Totally ridiculous. Lol

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It’s not just their #2 wide receiver. $51 million to their QB, $32 million to their #1 WR, a $14 million tight end, a $12.5 million running back, a $21 million guard. Yes, I do think it can be done. Jerry Jones is confused about what to do and confused about how to do it even if he knew what to do. I’m not negotiating any contracts, if Jerry Jones is he’s not being successful at it. The only difficult situation the Dallas Cowboys have is an owner that does not know how to compete in the contemporary NFL.
Don’t forget 2 20+m$ tackles. Best players on the team

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Most fans couldnt care less about his paternity suit.

He’s more concerned about the media and fans thinking he pulled the trigger too soon on a Market Price deal after Daks horrible playoff performance before seeing what these others QB’s would receive .

He’s not as worried about his Cap . He’s looking at paying 3 players about 50% of his cap. Totally ridiculous. Lol
He’s not worried about the cap? I can’t tell it’s all he talks about. He worries about it he just doesn’t know how to use it. Cowboys are stuck in the Stone Age when it comes to the cap. If Jerry cared about public perception he would’ve stepped down.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It’s a dilemma when you have a couple of players that are most likely looking to reset the market at two of the most high-priced positions in football. It’s an even bigger dilemma when you have another player, that will be looking to do the same thing next year. I’m starting to believe that Dak wants to test for agency. I believe he’s been offered a good deal but he wants to go to free agency because he’ll get a lot more. The talk is $65 million if he goes to free agency. He could probably get most of that fully guaranteed. The Cowboys won’t even come close to that.
Yes, I’m sure he does want to test free agency. That means Jerry’s only dealing with a wide receiver who is obviously one of the best in the league. The Vikings have informed Jerry how much he’s going to be signing CeeDee for. And dealing with a top edge rusher, the number is $30 million, now, it will be more 12 months from now. What’s Jerry doing? Dak’s gone, fine. Is he letting everyone leave?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
At some point walking away from the negotiating table is a valid choice. Dak Prescott isn't worth the money being discussed here. He isn't a difference maker when needed. Falls apart when the pressure is on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s not worried about the cap? I can’t tell it’s all he talks about. He worries about it he just doesn’t know how to use it. Cowboys are stuck in the Stone Age when it comes to the cap. If Jerry cared about public perception he would’ve stepped down.
No, he doesn’t care enough about winning or he’d step aside .

Playing public perception and hype keeps fans engulfed with hope . All he needs is to remain relevant.

Paying 3 players 50% of his cap will make that tougher . So yea, he is concerned about his cap but not for the ultimate reasons we wish he was.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes, I’m sure he does want to test free agency. That means Jerry’s only dealing with a wide receiver who is obviously one of the best in the league. The Vikings have informed Jerry how much he’s going to be signing CeeDee for. And dealing with a top edge rusher, the number is $30 million, now, it will be more 12 months from now. What’s Jerry doing? Dak’s gone, fine. Is he letting everyone leave?
If you listen to Jerry’s presser yesterday, he’s not sold that Dak is gone. Jerry will continue to try and get something worked out with him until it’s too late. It’s not like he has a better option to turn to.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you listen to Jerry’s presser yesterday, he’s not sold that Dak is gone. Jerry will continue to try and get something worked out with him until it’s too late. It’s not like he has a better option to turn to.
I agree . Most in the local media and sports writers I follow believe if a deal isn’t done by beginning of season, it’s over.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Playing public perception and hype keeps fans engulfed with hope . All he needs is to remain relevant.

Paying 3 players 50% of his cap will make that tougher . So yea, he is concerned about his cap but not for the ultimate reasons we wish he was.
The fans aren’t stupid. I know Jerry thinks they are but they aren’t. You can structure those deals that it won’t hit you at 50 percent at one time….he knows this.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We have no hope and I don't think Jerry has any either. He just wants to turn up the pressure on the guys underperforming in the playoffs, and not pay a perennial loser like he's Mahomes.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like that game against the Chiefs? I will give him the benefit of the doubt, though; it was like -20°.
No need to. Dak is under .500 against playoff bound teams over his career. He beats up on the bad teams and pads his stats. Or does like he did against GB where its 47-13 and he gets to play an entire quarter against a prevent defense and pad his numbers. If you just looked at the box score stats and didn't actually watch the playoff game, you may come away with the impression he played well. But, anyone who actually watched the game knows he sucked when the game was still winnable and that's why you can't just look at his stats and start comparing him to the leagues great QBs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The fans aren’t stupid. I know Jerry thinks they are but they aren’t. You can structure those deals that it won’t hit you at 50 percent at one time….he knows this.
I’d argue most casual fans which make up the bulk of our casual and fair weather fans around the nation and even locally are stupid or at least very naive possibly very addictive fans like junkies on the corner waiting for their next fix or they’d of forced Jethro out years ago.

And Jethro after all of these years realizes whatever he does doesn’t matter. Cowboy fans will be lined up like junkies on the corner again.

He’s more concerned busting the Cap with 3 players will prevent him from building a “ relative and interesting “ enough team to hype and promote .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have no hope and I don't think Jerry has any either. He just wants to turn up the pressure on the guys underperforming in the playoffs, and not pay a perennial loser like he's Mahomes.
I’d agree we are more hopeless than most want to admit because of our owner. And perhaps it is his way of showing he’s dissatisfied with their performance.

Unfortunately he doesn’t have any choice if he wants to remain relative . Otherwise he’ll have to begin looking for his next Franchise QB which can at least make us a playoff team.

He lucked out last time with Prescott when Romo went down. It’s not likely he gets that lucky again. We could go years .