Don’t think we can say Dak is best QB in division anymore?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep. He looked better than during the playoffs I thought. He would have won MVP if Egirls held on.

He had that critical turnover . And the horrible but accurate holding call on defense on final drive. I felt they could have easily tied the game on final drive if given a better opportunity.

Hurt’s definitely more than just a Bus Driver. They could be a formidable opponent for years to come if they don’t over pay him and keep a solid supporting cast.
THAT was an MVP performance by both guys. Both running and passing for Hurts just off the charts. Now granted...........BOTH QB's had all day to throw. Those Olines were incredible. And the coaching? My god the coaching was off the charts as well.

Two miraculously run franchises with great players, outstanding coaching and complete teams. To think the Cowboys really had a chance to win having to beat SF, Eagles, KC most on the road is almost laughable. Just not on that level. And more than just Dak. Way more than Dak. Coaching might be the biggest difference.

75boyz

Reaction score
And gosh forbid Danny Dimes gets a couple more o linemen to go with Thomas and at least one WR1, lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yup. KC rebuilt on the fly around him and he has a WR corps thats probably around what Dallas has.
The Reid and Mahomes combo is just insanely unfair.
Reid is definitely one of the best coaches in NFL but but Mahomey is taking the Chiefs to the next level.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Passer rating:
Hurts 101.5
Jones 92.5
Dak 91.1

QBR:
Hurts 66.3
Jones 60.8
Dak 57.9

For at least this season, Dak was the 3rd best QB in the division.

Before the "but Dak has bad teammates" arguments pop up:
Phil without Hurts 0-2
NYG without Jones 0-1
Dallas without Dak 4-1
Facts. It's pretty obvious to everyone without blinders on that Hurts is the superior player.

People used to say what a great leader Dak was. But it's pretty clear the defense was sick of his crap play, especially following the niners loss.

The offense put up a ton of points this year with Dak under center. But it was clear they played better as a team when he was not playing.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If we could possibly improve at any position, I would.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reid is definitely one of the best coaches in NFL but but Mahomey is taking the Chiefs to the next level.
I want to dig down on this. What is homes doing to take the chiefs to a new level? Is it homes? Coaching? Players around him? Execs?

What is your angle here?

raggedy

Reaction score
Facts. It's pretty obvious to everyone without blinders on that Hurts is the superior player.

People used to say what a great leader Dak was. But it's pretty clear the defense was sick of his crap play, especially following the niners loss.

The offense put up a ton of points this year with Dak under center. But it was clear they played better as a team when he was not playing.
Not just our Defense showed signs of frustration with Dak, but I remember seeing CeeDee throw his hands up in despair after Dak would throw a bad pass his way, or not even look his way. I don't think he was the only receiver doing that too? I recall seeing TY waving his hands frantically when he was wide open. Happy that we have a nice face for the franchise, but as Mike Singletary said in his now-classic coach's rant: "I want winners!"

haha

here's hoping Dak can improve and help us get another ring.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
On the positive side, Dak improved a ton in fumbles. He only had 4, 1 lost.
Last year he had 14! Lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I want to dig down on this. What is homes doing to take the chiefs to a new level? Is it homes? Coaching? Players around him? Execs?

What is your angle here?
No angle . There’s always several contributing factors but none bigger than Mahomey.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No angle . There’s always several contributing factors but none bigger than Mahomey.
If I were to say...I'd say he has a knack for making those couple (or so) big plays that other QB's fail to make. In a way that makes you think...dang how'd he do that.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Passer rating:
Hurts 101.5
Jones 92.5
Dak 91.1

QBR:
Hurts 66.3
Jones 60.8
Dak 57.9

For at least this season, Dak was the 3rd best QB in the division.

Before the "but Dak has bad teammates" arguments pop up:
Phil without Hurts 0-2
NYG without Jones 0-1
Dallas without Dak 4-1
The real difference between Dak and Hurts is that Hurts is absolutely driven to get better while Dak has reached his ceiling and he knows it.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
The real difference between Dak and Hurts is that Hurts is absolutely driven to get better while Dak has reached his ceiling and he knows it. Hurts is also the type of leader that makes everyone around him elevate their game. Hurts will be a better player next year but Dak will be Dak.

Last edited:

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Hurts is a good QB. Howe far he goes though is very debatable.
He had easily the best OL in football and faced a cake walk schedule.
He was really great all year and deserves kudos for it but as those advantages wane and he has to rely on tight window throws can he?

What he looked like this year was rookie Dak or 2nd year Wentz.
You got all the weapons and blocking in the world and add a tough runner to it.

In the end he looked nothing like Patrick Mahomes who could still run effectively on a trashed ankle and would effortlessly throw a 50-yard pass on same bum ankle.
In case you didn't notice Hurts outplay Mahomes in the SB.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
In case you didn't notice Hurts outplay Mahomes in the SB.
No, he didnt.
Mahomes fought through a serious injury to lead the Chiefs to the win with zero turnovers.
He faced more pressure all night and made the tougher throws.
Hurts on an ankle that gimpy couldn't even be in the game.

Too many jimbos cannot look beyond basic counting stats to see the actual play in the game.

Mahomes QB play was all-time great level.
He had a great TE and he used him but he lacked a single WR who had an advanatge over the DB across from him and he still managed ot move the ball, including running for huge first downs on a terrible ankle.

Hurts played a really good game but that fumble was purely awful and it was a 10-14 point swing in the game that marred what would have been an elite first half.
In the second half it really wasnt close.
Mahomes led TD drives every possession including the final one where they refused the TD in order to milk more time for the last second kick.
On the penalty everyone is crying about, Mahomes saw it happen, threw the ball to the guy held and immediately barked at officials to call the hold.

Fans just arent smart and it is kinda sad at this point.
People spend hours a day on this site and learn zero about actual football.

Chiefs had an advantage at 2 positions on the field and won. That is insane.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hurts is likely to win MVP tonight and much more on Sunday.

I’d argue Hurts has definitely moved up the totem pole with MVP type season and first Super Bowl appearance .

What say you Cowboy fans …
Hertz fumbled the ball, lost that game, imagine of Prescott did that.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mahomes is the MVP...

Daniel Jones is not better than Dak even if his numbers were better this year (they weren't).

Hurts was better this year, obviously.
Mahomes gets blessed again

Flamma

Reaction score
I hope the Eagles extend Hurts with a 45M contract. Any running QB can do what he does. He's got top notch WRs and a great OL. Every time he drops back he's facing a defense selling out to stop the run. That's every QBs dream. He has that luxury because their run game is so good. That won't last. Ask Lamar Jackson.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
No, he didnt.
Mahomes fought through a serious injury to lead the Chiefs to the win with zero turnovers.
He faced more pressure all night and made the tougher throws.
Hurts on an ankle that gimpy couldn't even be in the game.

Too many jimbos cannot look beyond basic counting stats to see the actual play in the game.

Mahomes QB play was all-time great level.
He had a great TE and he used him but he lacked a single WR who had an adavnatge over the DB across ofmr him and he still managed ot move the ball, including running for huge first downs on a terrible ankle.

Hurts played a really good game but that fumble wwas purely awful and it was 10-14 point swing in the game that marred what would have been an elite first half.
In the second half it really wasnt close.
Mahomes led TD drives every possession including the final one where they refused the TD in order to milk more time for the last second kick.
On the penalty everyone is crying about, Mahomes saw it happen, threw the ball to the guy held and immediately barked at officials to call the hold.

Fans just arent smart and it is kinda sad at this point.
People spend hours a day on this site and learn zero about actual football.

Eagles had an advantage at 2 positions on the field and won. That is insane.
Jalen outplayed Mahomes and it wasn't even close. 300+ passing yards, 70 rushing yards, 4 tds and a 2pt conversion