Don’t think we can say Dak is best QB in division anymore?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dak did not have a good season leading the league in INTs despite missing 5 games. Jones and Hurts were better this year.
+1. I'm not sure why certain people can't live in the present. Why not just say Roger Staubach is the best QB in the division?

Hurts is in his second year starting. Jones is in his 4th. Of course they are going to improve over time. Why bring up games from before Hurts was in the league or when Dak was playing against a rookie Jones?

This year, those guys had the better numbers. Dak had the highest INT rate in the entire freaking league. One of the highest of the past 10 years. Beyond that, having a mobile QB really helps win games and Dak has become kind of a statue whereas Jones and Hurts force teams to account for them moving the chains with their legs.

I as a Cowboys fan never felt any compunction to support Jeff Heath as the best safety in the NFC East. I'm not sure why so many people feel that its some type of blood honor requirement to say Dak still is.

Hopefully a change in system puts Dak back on top but for this year, there is no freaking way the league freaking leader in INT's was the best in the NFCE.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
it isnt about just passing roy, it is the other things, running, reading def, being on target, not turning ball over etc.
Sure, but all that is made easier when your Oline is blowing open big holes and you have all day to throw and your play action is working. I mean............He basically had thrown 5 passes and they were up by 2 TD's by the 2nd quarter. Barely had to throw the ball. Game was over.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Eagles beat the Niners because they bullied them. Men against boys.
Yep with that Oline. Not because Hurts lead them. And because Purdy went down. But I doubt it would have mattered had he stayed healthy anyway.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s amazing how we can all watch the same but come away with different perspectives.
This is another case of you arguing with someone that agrees with you.

Are you saying that Hurts is elite and he is a bigger reason the eagles are successful then the team around Hurts? I dont believe that is what you are saying.

Your simply saying Hurts deserves some credit which we both agree on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is another case of you arguing with someone that agrees with you.

Are you saying that Hurts is elite and he is a bigger reason the eagles are successful then the team around Hurts? I dont believe that is what you are saying.

Your simply saying Hurts deserves some credit which we both agree on.
Yes , but the level of credit or a better word might be impact I’m not sure we totally agree on as you seem like wanting to downplay his contribution to their success.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes , but the level of credit or a better word might be impact I’m not sure we totally agree on as you seem like wanting to downplay his contribution to their success.
Hes a product of the team around him more than the other way around. Thats my take. Hes had it real real easy.

#2 D, #1 pass rush, #1 Oline, top 3 weapons on offense, great coaching, easy regular season schedule, easiest playoff path in NFL history to the SB.

In championship game he basically handed the ball off and they won. Didnt have to do diddly. 120 yards passing and 0 TD's.

Can you deny ANY of that?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hes a product of the team around him more than the other way around. Thats my take. Hes had it real real easy.

#2 D, #1 pass rush, #1 Oline, top 3 weapons on offense, great coaching, easy regular season schedule, easiest playoff path in NFL history to the SB.

In championship game he basically handed the ball off and they won. Didnt have to do diddly. 120 yards passing and 0 TD's.

Can you deny ANY of that?
I’ve always said what you do with the opportunities provided can largely define you.

Hurt has made the most of it. At least so far.

Dre11

Reaction score
Hurts is likely to win MVP tonight and much more on Sunday.

I’d argue Hurts has definitely moved up the totem pole with MVP type season and first Super Bowl appearance .

What say you Cowboy fans …
Off 1 season of work?

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Only thing I will argue is that I think Mahomes wins the MVP. The Chiefs had a tougher schedule, Mahomes has less weapons on offense than Hurts, Philly has a much better OLine, and Philly has a better defense which gives the Eagles offense more opportunities. I doubt very seriously that Hurts could do what he is doing if he played for the Chiefs this year. Meanwhile, put Mahomes on that Eagles team and they are scary good.
That would be a rare instance where I would say a team has a chance of going 20-0.

Hurts is better than Dak. But Daniel Jones has an argument of being better than Dak too.

Want to see what Hurts looks like when he is not surrounded by so much talent.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Everyone loves a winner. It's a story as old as the game its self. I remember when the Eagles were praying with Wentz. The moment he started losing all those feel good stories stopped. Again I'm only asking for time before I personally feel comfortable making that declaration.
Lol, you are such a patient genius.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Which is exactly why Mahomes won the MVP over him and deserved to. Hurts has improved his game, while at the same time there is still a lot of questions about him as a QB. Which is why some believe the Eagles are going to be hesitant to paying him 50 million, as some still don't think that Hurts has he skills to be a long termed franchise QB enough for a team to want to sign him to a big contract. It will be telling if the Eagles don't sign him and try to reduce his contract, because it says how they don't believe he was a main contributing factor in their run to the Super Bowl. Or it means they don't see him as an irreplaceable QB.

For example if they had Mahomes or a QB who was on the same tier as Mahomes, then there wouldn't still be questions or doubts as to whether or not the Eagles are going to sign him to a huge contract.
We shall see, the egirls have done everything right to get here, dealing with Hurts makes them relevant for a period of time.
I dont think Eagles FO has much rexpect for the way Jerry runs his busisness, but lets wait and see.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, but all that is made easier when your Oline is blowing open big holes and you have all day to throw and your play action is working. I mean............He basically had thrown 5 passes and they were up by 2 TD's by the 2nd quarter. Barely had to throw the ball. Game was over.
When you want Dak to get holes blown open but not zeke.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hurts is likely to win MVP tonight and much more on Sunday.

I’d argue Hurts has definitely moved up the totem pole with MVP type season and first Super Bowl appearance .

What say you Cowboy fans …
Hurts is a good QB. Howe far he goes though is very debatable.
He had easily the best OL in football and faced a cake walk schedule.
He was really great all year and deserves kudos for it but as those advantages wane and he has to rely on tight window throws can he?

What he looked like this year was rookie Dak or 2nd year Wentz.
You got all the weapons and blocking in the world and add a tough runner to it.

In the end he looked nothing like Patrick Mahomes who could still run effectively on a trashed ankle and would effortlessly throw a 50-yard pass on same bum ankle.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hurts was more than impressive last night.
Yep. He looked better than during the playoffs I thought. He would have won MVP if Egirls held on.

He had that critical turnover . And the horrible but accurate holding call on defense on final drive. I felt they could have easily tied the game on final drive if given a better opportunity.

Hurt’s definitely more than just a Bus Driver. They could be a formidable opponent for years to come if they don’t over pay him and keep a solid supporting cast.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hurts is a good QB. Howe far he goes though is very debatable.
He had easily the best OL in football and faced a cake walk schedule.
He was really great all year and deserves kudos for it but as those advantages wane and he has to rely on tight window throws can he?

What he looked like this year was rookie Dak or 2nd year Wentz.
You got all the weapons and blocking in the world and add a tough runner to it.

In the end he looked nothing like Patrick Mahomes who could still run effectively on a trashed ankle and would effortlessly throw a 50-yard pass on same bum ankle.
Not sure anyone looks like Homey. He’s in a league by himself . As Coach said , he IS the MVP.

Chiefs have solidified their hold on a Dynasty. I look for them to be in contention for years to come .

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not sure anyone looks like Homey. He’s in a league by himself . As Coach said , he IS the MVP.

Chiefs have solidified their hold on a Dynasty. I look for them to be in contention for years to come .
Yup. KC rebuilt on the fly around him and he has a WR corps thats probably around what Dallas has.
The Reid and Mahomes combo is just insanely unfair.