Don Banks: Cowboys probably regret Williams trade

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
correct me if I am wrong but didn't he catch the winning TD in the tampa game( see sig:) ). he has already contributed to the team and his role will get larger.:)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The bottom line here:

Jerry has a franchise QB.
Jerry has supplied his franchise QB with great weapons.

"at da end da da day" = THAT ALWAYS gives US A CHANCE to win a game w/ Romo

Randy White

Reaction score
is a complete idiot. Seriously. No wonder CNN/SI went under.

Yo, dummy, watch a game once in a while and take a look at the things Roy does even when he's not catching the football. And when he is catching the ball ? take a look at that as well.

dumb-arse..

Randy White

Reaction score
Dum Banks:

Last year, when T.O. went down with his injury, the Cowboys had nobody who was able to come close to replace him.

Now they do.

you idiot

cowboyed

Reaction score
YoMick;2457243 said:
The bottom line here:

Jerry has a franchise QB.
Jerry has supplied his franchise QB with great weapons.

"at da end da da day" = THAT ALWAYS gives US A CHANCE to win a game w/ Romo

Why am I compelled when I look at your alluring Hale Berry ample cleavage photo to daydream slipping my hand into there - with her permission of course...

playmakers

Reaction score
You cannot evaluate this trade until next seasons over. Williams had no training camp, no qb, and a mid season move can be tough on a player. In addition, if you're looking for 70 catches 1300 yards and 10 tds, I hate to break it to you but its not going to happen in this offense. We have too many players in this offense that gets the ball. Owens demands 10 throws a game his way. Barber demands 20 carries. Witten gets 7 balls a game. Bennett is coming along nicely and needs 3-5 throws his way. Lets not forget about Felix, he should have 10-15 touches a game. After all of this how much is left for Roy, Crayton, Austin, and Barber out of the backfield etc etc. Hes here for insurance and to make teams pay for doubling TO while still having 8 in the box. So far so good. Plus, I love his 1st down salutes. Hilarious.

Reaction score
bbgun;2454482 said:
CNNSI:

I'm wondering if the Cowboys would still make the trade for Roy E. Williams if they had it to do over? Doubtful. In case you're not paying attention, Williams has caught just 11 passes for 161 yards and one touchdown in his six games with Dallas, a paltry average of less than two catches and 27 yards per game.

For that the Cowboys are giving up their first- and third-round picks in 2009, plus paying Williams a guaranteed $20 million as part of his five-year, $45 million contract extension? Maybe the Lions did win one in 2008, after all.

http://img246.*************/img246/9917/ch21thunov272008050735pel3.jpg

Couldn't agree more.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It must just be coincidence that TO has had 2 of his best games this year since Romo has come back and had Roy Williams on the other side!

Reaction score
Pretty much everything to say has been said. The most important being that Williams came in here in mid-season. Even then, he didn't even have the starting QB to work out with. So, really, he's only been here for 3 weeks.

I'm not sure what Romo was saying to him in the game against Seattle, but he kept taking him aside before & after the huddle and speaking to him. He was also patting him on the shoulder & back a lot. I'm not sure if he was reasuring him that he would be getting more passes down the line or what.

Whatever it was, I'm sure Romo was reasuring him to hang in there. This guy catches everything thrown to him, and he gets open. He is also a deep threat. In our position in next year's draft, could we have gotten such a quality player? Who would be there past the 24th pick with the size, speed, & strength of Roy Williams?

Yeah, I would still take that deal..........in a heartbeat.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Jerry filled the only hole in the offense. We still need depth on the OL and a backup QB but there are no holes with the starting offense. And there is someone to make this offense vertically capable should TO get dinged up or go down. And we can concentrate on other positions come draft and FA time.

Big time move by Jerry.