Donald Sterling, Clippers Owner, Banned For Life, Fined $2.5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
and my point is if the NBA wants me to truly believe they care about ending racism, they would do more then the very minimum when everyone has gathered on the front lawn with pitch forks.

I don't think anyone thinks they did the very minimum here, not sure how they could've gone farther.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!

Why are you defending such despicable racism?

lol, a few posts up, you ask why people assume you are defending sterling, then you attempt to troll me, by saying I'm defending Johnson.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Which is an executive level position.

Another Fail

Here is the NY Knicks Team directory

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/team-directory

It lists all executives, coaches and lesser positions, Larry Johnson is in the Fan Development & Community Relations department as a Basketball & Business Operations Representative

Please stop calling him an executive if you are interested in a serious talk

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I don't think anyone thinks they did the very minimum here, not sure how they could've gone farther.

they waited until they had to do something. the crowd is on the front lawn with pitchforks demanding something be done.

they had evidence for over decade and did nothing.

Same with the Larry Johnson issue. He is saying stupid racist crap. they won't do a thing about it because the public outcry isn't loud enough.

Rogah

Reaction score
Another Fail
The only fail is yours. Every article I've seen discussing him call him a Knicks executive. I suppose every single one of the people are wrong and you're right? Took me about 5 seconds to find these 3 articles.

Knicks executive and former player Larry Johnson had a decidedly different but still strong reaction to the racially insensitive remarks Clippers owner Donald Sterling is alleged to have made.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/27/knicks-great-larry-johnson-calls-for-all-black-league/

Knicks executive and former player Larry Johnson had a decidedly different but still strong reaction to the racially insensitive remarks Clippers owner Donald Sterling is alleged to have made.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/28/knicks-larry-johnson-calls-all-black-nba-league/

As the finger wagging continues and the backlash against Clippers owner Donald Sterling continues, some executives like New York Knicks business operations representative, Larry Johnson may need to step back and look in the mirror.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/04/knicks-executive-larry-johnson-no-different-than-donald-sterling/

Why are you defending such disgusting, reprehensible, racist statements?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
And just again to show how the double standard is over blown, Tim Hardaway Sr. was fired by the Miami Heat for making negative comments about homosexuals and was banned from the NBA (retired player, but some role with team). But that likely doesn't count, does it?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
He is referencing Larry Johnson's (who is a Knicks executive) public statement that they start start an all-black basketball league.

The fact that you haven't heard that statement reported on speaks volumes regarding the media double standard in reporting racist statements made by different groups. Some are ok, some aren't.

Meh, me not hearing about it doesn't mean much. Is there a thread on it here? I don't watch TV, don't have cable.

As far as his comments, I looked for it. Are you referring to the tweet?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The only fail is yours. Every article I've seen discussing him call him a Knicks executive. I suppose every single one of the people are wrong and you're right? Took me about 5 seconds to find these 3 articles.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/27/knicks-great-larry-johnson-calls-for-all-black-league/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/28/knicks-larry-johnson-calls-all-black-nba-league/

As the finger wagging continues and the backlash against Clippers owner Donald Sterling continues, some executives like New York Knicks business operations representative, Larry Johnson may need to step back and look in the mirror.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/04/knicks-executive-larry-johnson-no-different-than-donald-sterling/

LOL, you mean articles that popped up the last few days in response to Sterling? You mean articles that are critical of the "double standard" that allows some groups of people to say what ever they want, while other groups can't? Find an article where James Dolan call him an executive. Find an article where any of the executives in the link I listed, refer to him as an executive. Find an article where he's referred to as an executive by anyone before the Sterling story broke.

My link shows he's not an executive, show something that says otherwise coming from the team, not a writer for a newspaper

Rogah

Reaction score
LOL, you mean articles that popped up the last few days in response to Sterling? You mean articles that are critical of the "double standard" that allows some groups of people to say what ever they want, while other groups can't? Find an article where James Dolan call him an executive. Find an article where any of the executives in the link I listed, refer to him as an executive. Find an article where he's referred to as an executive by anyone before the Sterling story broke.

My link shows he's not an executive, show something that says otherwise coming from the team, not a writer for a newspaper
Your link shows no such thing. You gave an entire list of team executives, and Larry Johnson was on that list.

OK brah... you're right and everyone else on the planet is wrong...... :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, we're still waiting for you to say a single word of condemnation for his despicable, disgusting racist remark.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Your link shows no such thing. You gave an entire list of team executives, and Larry Johnson was on that list.

So Mike Martinez, the equipment manager is a team executive? Chris Ford, coaching consultant, is also a team executive? Scouts Kevin Wilson, Walker D Russell, Gary Boyson and Ben Jobe, all team executives? Strength and Conditioning coach Mubarak Malik, a team executive? Knicks city Dancers coach Melissa Unterstein, a team executive?

All of them are on the same list as Larry Johnson.

Rogah

Reaction score
So Mike Martinez, the equipment manager is a team executive? Chris Ford, coaching consultant, is also a team executive? Scouts Kevin Wilson, Walker D Russell, Gary Boyson and Ben Jobe, all team executives? Strength and Conditioning coach Mubarak Malik, a team executive? Knicks city Dancers coach Melissa Unterstein, a team executive?
Well they sure ain't players, are they?

executive - 1. a person or group of persons having administrative or supervisory authority in an organization. (source: dictionary.com)
All of them are on the same list as Larry Johnson.
OK brah... you're right and everyone else on the planet is wrong...... :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, we're still waiting for you to say a single word of condemnation for his despicable, disgusting racist remark.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Well they sure ain't players, are they?

executive - 1. a person or group of persons having administrative or supervisory authority in an organization. (source: dictionary.com)

And you know, that as a Basketball & Business Operations Representative, admin or supervisory authority? Please tell me who he supervises and the scope of his admin authority.

And you believe every person who has some degree of supervisory authority in an organization, you must be able to doctor up one **** of a resume. Head custodian at an office for Apple Inc and executive too?

Rogah

Reaction score
And you know, that as a Basketball & Business Operations Representative, admin or supervisory authority? Please tell me who he supervises and the scope of his admin authority.

And you believe every person who has some degree of supervisory authority in an organization, you must be able to doctor up one **** of a resume. Head custodian at an office for Apple Inc and executive too?
OK brah... you're right and everyone else on the planet is wrong......

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
OK brah... you're right and everyone else on the planet is wrong.......

3 sources, none of which affiliated with the Knicks is far from everyone else on the planet. And clearly, all the articles are in response to the Donald Sterling situation. Larry Johnson is not a Knicks Executive any more than who ever supervises Rowdy, the Cowboys mascot.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
And you believe this why? Because she said so?

Seriously, brah..... I got some great Florida swampland I am selling for cheap dollars. Risk free investment. PM me for details.

So who is more trustworthy? The gold digging side chick or the sleazy, racist landlord?

I mean, really, what are you defending here? I have yet to even hear/read anything from Sterling's camp that suggests she's lying about him knowing she was recording him.

Rogah

Reaction score
3 sources, none of which affiliated with the Knicks is far from everyone else on the planet. And clearly, all the articles are in response to the Donald Sterling situation. Larry Johnson is not a Knicks Executive any more than who ever supervises Rowdy, the Cowboys mascot.
OK brah... you're right and everyone else on the planet is wrong......

Status
Not open for further replies.