Don't Let Garbage Time Confuse

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The two most fragile phsyces on a team other than Qb is Cornerback and Kicker .

They only operate well with supreme confidence

Look at Desahaun Watson....he is physically the same exact specimen he was 4 years ago be he now has ZERO confidence and can't play the game anymore but conversely a qb like 40 year old Flacco can outplay him now
you make very good points, I don't get it at all

shabazz

Reaction score
I said the same thing, I agreed why mess his percentage up for something like this. We will need him for a big kick most likely against Carolina who we will struggle with, score will be 13-10 at the end, we won by a FG!!
The funny thing is that I wouldn't be completely shocked if Bryce Young gets benched by that time......dude is playing really bad

Their owner is worse than ours

starfan1

Reaction score
The funny thing is that I wouldn't be completely shocked if Bryce Young gets benched by that time......dude is playing really bad

Their owner is worse than ours
that's a possibility? just kidding I don't have a problem with Jerry's ownership. I have issues with his GM ability.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A lot of “here’s excuses as to why the offense sucked in the 2nd half” threads popping up.

In reality our offense only scored 2 TDs while forcing Aubrey to kick long FGs.

Thats nothing to be proud of.
actually I love what you said...you showed misery. you are misreable. if you are really a cowboys fan, and can't even enjoy a win, and you are misreable. and when cowboys lose, if you are a true cowboys fan, then you should be misreable. the fact you celebrate when we lose, shows you are not a true cowboys fan. but I am enjoying your misery

Flamma

Reaction score
Sunday's Boys-Browns game was OVER after Turpin returned that punt for a score. Cowboys were up 27-3.
No. Everyone doesn't know that. They'll still criticize. The game was on cruise control after that. Game was over. The Browns were overwhelmed and had zero chance at coming back. Game over, run out the clock.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
actually I love what you said...you showed misery. you are misreable. if you are really a cowboys fan, and can't even enjoy a win, and you are misreable. and when cowboys lose, if you are a true cowboys fan, then you should be misreable. the fact you celebrate when we lose, shows you are not a true cowboys fan. but I am enjoying your misery
lol, that dude is no Cowboys fan. Everyone knows it. He has barely even been posting because Dak got signed and Dallas won in a blowout game. (Both of which he said would not happen.)

People use their spare time doing what is fun for them. When the Cowboys win (especially a big win), it is zero fun for guys posing as Cowboys fans, so they just don’t show up. People usually don’t do what isn’t fun for them… and this forum is no fun for them when people are talking about a win and enjoying it. It is human nature.

But pay attention to him after the Cowboys lose… particularly if Dak has a bad game. That dude is everywhere on this forum.

Fans need to ask themselves why that is? Why is Mountaineer, Pappy and those types barely posting (or not posting at all in Pappy’s case) after signing Dak and a Cowboys blowout win?

We all know why.

There are plenty of Dallas fans that can’t stand Dak as QB… but those guys post after a big win by Dallas and are at least a little happy about the W.

The true trolls don’t post much after a big Dallas win because there is no fun in it for them.

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Loved the win, but let's be realistic here.

Browns were without both starting OTs, without Chubb at running back and Watson has only played 12 of the last 51 games. I saw as the game progressed that Watson started to get a bit more zeroed in on his passes. The Browns have been somewhat of a joke in the NFL the last few years, but I'd doubt the front office and coaches as so stupid as to play somebody a guaranteed $230 million if he was as bad as he looked in the first half of this game.

It's a long season, we'll see how it goes...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a seperate note, why the hell don't our backup qbs get significant playing time in garbage time.....it's been a " thing" here for some time now
I don;t get it either...maddening. Why would you pad stats and risk injury? Let alone not give our other QBs precious playing time.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
that's a possibility? just kidding I don't have a problem with Jerry's ownership. I have issues with his GM ability.
I used to say the same thing, but the owner refuses to get rid of the GM. Name another owner who would keep a GM that has pretty much failed for nearly 3 decades. That right there is my problem with Jerry's ownership.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Loved the win, but let's be realistic here.

Browns were without both starting OTs, without Chubb at running back and Watson has only played 12 of the last 51 games. I saw as the game progressed that Watson started to get a bit more zeroed in on his passes. The Browns have been somewhat of a joke in the NFL the last few years, but I'd doubt the front office and coaches as so stupid as to play somebody a guaranteed $230 million if he was as bad as he looked in the first half of this game.

It's a long season, we'll see how it goes...
They played almost all of last season without Chubb and with those same two guys starting at tackle… and won 11 games, made the playoffs and were near unbeatable playing at home.

However, Watson was terrible this past Sunday and the OL no longer has Bill Callahan as their coach, so yeah, I’m taking the win with a grain of salt. It will be tough for them to win anything with their QB playing like that.

However, those same OL played much better than that last season. It was just bad luck to draw the Dallas defense for their first game. It was an awful matchup for their offense.

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
Sunday's Boys-Browns game was OVER after Turpin returned that punt for a score. Cowboys were up 27-3.

Everyone knew it was garbage time from there on.

Let's look at the startling game stats up to that point and compare that to the stats afterwards, in garbage time. I bet you'll be surprised!

Build-up to 27-3 lead, clinching outcome
First Downs.....Cowboys 13, Browns 1
Total Yards......Cowboys 216, Browns 45

Garbage time
First Downs.....Cowboys 2, Browns 14
Total Yards......Cowboys 49, Browns 185

Additional thoughts:
-Dallas was on its way to a 400 yard offensive game. They took the foot off the pedal once the game was sealed.
-Cleveland had the ball almost the entire second half, in part due to 2 first downs via penalty, and 3 via desperate 4th down conversions.
-Through the second half the Browns had their dignity to fight for, with boo-birds echoing through their home stadium. Dallas had already achieved their objective.
-Nick Vigil was taking most of the 2nd half linebacker snaps while the Boys rested Kendricks
-Ceedee sat a lot in 2nd half, as did numerous players late

Don't let garbage time and stats during meaningless minutes dilute the real story!
They were missing both starting tackles.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No. Everyone doesn't know that. They'll still criticize. The game was on cruise control after that. Game was over. The Browns were overwhelmed and had zero chance at coming back. Game over, run out the clock.
Too many fans with DDS wanted us to lose the game.