Don't Think the Eagles Can't Overtake the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They won't over take us...but they will make the playoffs in a wildcard...and go further than we will

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Moore is leaving...

Quinn is one and done.....

I don't see why you would hang on to McCarthy and his band-aid coaching staff.

It would be time to clean house...and bring in new blood...and let them bring in their staff...instead of patching together a rag tag group of has beens...and nobodies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know, I hate hypotheticals too, but this occurred to me today and I wanted to get the board's thoughts now before the end of the season.

What if the Eagles and Jalen Hurts overtake the Cowboys and win the division? What will the discussion about Dak and Hurts be if that should happen? I am not asking if it will or suggesting it will happen. I am asking how people think the conversation with go if it does happen.

I can imagine the calls to fire McCarthy will be numerous and loud. I also suspect the anti-Dak posts will multiply by a lot. But what about Hurts? He will be the QB of the division champs.
What if you left the forum permanently? What a great day that would be.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know, I hate hypotheticals too, but this occurred to me today and I wanted to get the board's thoughts now before the end of the season.

What if the Eagles and Jalen Hurts overtake the Cowboys and win the division? What will the discussion about Dak and Hurts be if that should happen? I am not asking if it will or suggesting it will happen. I am asking how people think the conversation with go if it does happen.

I can imagine the calls to fire McCarthy will be numerous and loud. I also suspect the anti-Dak posts will multiply by a lot. But what about Hurts? He will be the QB of the division champs.

This would require a collapse on the order of something that I do not even think we are capable of. However, for the sake of conversation I would say that it may warrant some coach firings potentially including Mike. I'm assuming for the Eagles to overtake us we would have to finish with something around 9 wins. Hurts is a decent QB. I really believe that, but I think he will never be more than an average NFL starter at best. I would not change that opinion if they won the division with the level of play he is currently displaying. As far as Dak goes, I think Dak is a good QB for this team. If we were to collapse and lose the division, I would expect it would take some consistently terrible play from Dak. Like the worst of his entire career. At that point I think it would be fair to legitimately question his place as our starter, but his contract prevents us from making any moves for another 3 years. Again, I like Dak and want him to be our QB, but in this hypothetical scenario you are describing things are different.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Yeah, I hate hypotheticals but I will play along.

IF, and that is a big IF............the Eagles or WFT win the division after the Cowboys crash and burn then its not going to be pretty.

Fat Mike, Boy Wonder, and Mr. "I like to blow leads" Quinn all gotta go...............pack up your chit, I will call yall an Uber.

And Dak better have some thick skin because if you think the board has a lot of anti-Dak threads right now, just wait and see if we blow the East.

ESisback

Reaction score
If the Eagles won the NFCE, it would suck for a hundred different reasons. The negativity and crying and screaming would be far beyond epic. ABD’s and division rivals would be giddy with joy and over the top snark. “Journalists” would have source material for an overly long offseason. The overreaction would be unprecedented.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
You will not want to come to this board. LOL

bar-fight-bar-brawl.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Cowboys are overtaken by the Eagles after having a stranglehold on the division and pounding the Eagles earlier in the season the team/organization is a complete embarrassment! Even the most optimistic fans are going to stop believing in the team if they blow their lead.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just a few weeks ago everyone on this board was talking about the Cowboys wrapping up the NFC East early and getting the number one seed and now everyone is worried about the Eagles catching them. :laugh: All the homers on the board were already making their Super Bowl plans in October. lol

ghst187

Reaction score
are you sure? I think they showed a stat showing that over recent weeks Hurts was one of the highest graded QB's in the league. He doesn't put up huge passing numbers but his combined #'s are good and they are winning.

Watch him play…his arm is very suspect and he has a hard time when having to play from the pocket and go through progressions. His success only comes from plays breaking down and him running around like backyard football or him taking off running altogether. Yes I acknowledge his stats but teams will start forcing him to stay in the pocket and he’s not beating people from there.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Philly is currently 5-6. They have a pretty easy schedule coming up. Let's say they go 4-1 before the Dallas game, leaving them at 9-7.

Dallas would have to go 2-3 in the next 5 for that last game to even matter. If that happens, the wheels have totally fallen off. IMO, McCarthy's job is in deep trouble even if he wins the division at that point.

You guys place way too much value on winning one of the worst divisions in football. For the Cowboys, it should be a given and if its even in question, it means something really went wrong.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles catching and passing the Cowboys is possible but improbable; however, with 4 division games for the Cowboys. 3 away, and 5 for the Eagles staring with the Giants today, the Cowboys are out of losses to give up.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Last time Dak needed to win in philly he faced a depleted Eagles team with WRs off the street and Wentz out played Dak. Everyone but Dak will get blamed and Dak will get another coach fired.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

A healthy Cowboys should have little problem with the Eagles. AS long as we can get Parsons back to MLB he is the EXACT weapon you want shadowing Hurts on defense. And we will pressure him.

Status
Not open for further replies.