Don't want to hear anybody whine or cry about Dak again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creeper

Reaction score
Dak played better than Goof, Purdy and Lamar. but Dak is the problem.

Look at the Lions, they ran for 182 yards against the 49ers, one of the better run defenses in the league. You think that has anything to do with the Lions being in the game yesterday? Goff looked really good at times, and really bad in the 3rd quarter. It is who he is and who he has always been. It is why the Rams traded him and a haul of draft picks for Matthew Stafford who never won anything in Detroit. Stafford won a SB with the Rams. Same QB different team, different result. I suppose he was the problem in Detroit but with the rams he was the reason they won?

The 49ers were down 24-7 at the half. Down 14-7 Goff threw a bad interception that led to a Detroit TD to make it 21-7. The Cowboys were down to GB 27-7. Just 3 points more than the 49ers were to the Lions. The difference is, Dallas gave GB 2 more TDs in the 3rd quarter to put the game away. Detroit did not score another TD until garbage time with under 1 minute left in the game. If the 49ers allowed the Lions to score 14 more points in the 3rd quarter to take a 38-7 lead, does anyone believe Purdy would have brought his team back to win the game?

The 49ers won for the same reason the Chiefs won. They wanted it more. They played a more disciplined game. And they played as a team - offense and defense.

1942willys

Reaction score

Look at the Lions, they ran for 182 yards against the 49ers, one of the better run defenses in the league. You think that has anything to do with the Lions being in the game yesterday? Goff looked really good at times, and really bad in the 3rd quarter. It is who he is and who he has always been. It is why the Rams traded him and a haul of draft picks for Matthew Stafford who never won anything in Detroit. Stafford won a SB with the Rams. Same QB different team, different result. I suppose he was the problem in Detroit but with the rams he was the reason they won?

The 49ers were down 24-7 at the half. Down 14-7 Goff threw a bad interception that led to a Detroit TD to make it 21-7. The Cowboys were down to GB 27-7. Just 3 points more than the 49ers were to the Lions. The difference is, Dallas gave GB 2 more TDs in the 3rd quarter to put the game away. Detroit did not score another TD until garbage time with under 1 minute left in the game. If the 49ers allowed the Lions to score 14 more points in the 3rd quarter to take a 38-7 lead, does anyone believe Purdy would have brought his team back to win the game?

The 49ers won for the same reason the Chiefs won. They wanted it more. They played a more disciplined game. And they played as a team - offense and defense.
That is BS about Dak playing better than Goff or Purdy
TOTAL HORSE CRAP

1942willys

Reaction score

What was Daks QBR through three quarters compared to Purdy and Goff?
In other words what was Daks QBR when there was an actual game on?

ben24

Reaction score
Purdy, who coincidently helps claw back a 17 Pt deficit.

Lets be fair, if Flowers didnt have 3 brain freezes in a 2 minute period the Ravens would of been level. Talking of Lamar his CAP% is just 9.9% - 2023 and 13% in 2024......the issue with Dak's .extension' is the distribution of the outstanding CAP (and probably the $34m he's got on non-guaranteed salary in 2024) and of course he has that inbuilt inability to overcome adversity.
Yep, it's really the cap situation that I think most fans take issue with. I mean I'd honestly even be pissed as a Ravens fan paying that much for Lamar, and that's for a guy who has consistently performed better than Dak in both the regular and post season on a deal that is far more team friendly than anything we know Dak will ask for. I know there are absolute haters that will complain no matter what but I feel like the vast majority of fans will have no issue keeping Dak if he took a properly team friendly deal that allowed us to put the most competitive team on the field.

This simple fact of the matter is that it just clearly isn't worth spending that much on your QB unless he is Mahomes. I'm honestly not sure how anyone can make another conclusion from this season. In reality these results have emphasised just how stupid we would be to keep Dak on a big deal.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yea that'll make my year. You still enjoying the ride?
Hell yes. It's fun. Now we get into the team building. I suspect if Dak leads the league in td passes again, the Cowboys will have another good season. Hopefully, they get the number 1 spot this time.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Hell yes. It's fun. Now we get into the team building. I suspect if Dak leads the league in td passes again, the Cowboys will have another good season. Hopefully, they get the number 1 spot this time.
And get a week off and lose the next.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep, it's really the cap situation that I think most fans take issue with. I mean I'd honestly even be pissed as a Ravens fan paying that much for Lamar, and that's for a guy who has consistently performed better than Dak in both the regular and post season on a deal that is far more team friendly than anything we know Dak will ask for. I know there are absolute haters that will complain no matter what but I feel like the vast majority of fans will have no issue keeping Dak if he took a properly team friendly deal that allowed us to put the most competitive team on the field.

This simple fact of the matter is that it just clearly isn't worth spending that much on your QB unless he is Mahomes. I'm honestly not sure how anyone can make another conclusion from this season. In reality these results have emphasised just how stupid we would be to keep Dak on a big deal.
No, he hasn't. Lamar has been Dak part deux in both.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The points you scored at the end of the game were free with the understanding it’d burn time off the clock. You very likely do not get to 32 if GB only has 24 and is playing you tight all game. That is what garbage time means
Agree, but the Cowboys defense made winning impossible regardless of Dak or the overall Cowboys offense.

If I was an NFL Head Coach and inherited a team with a top tier defense and top tier run game and then had the choice of Dak or Hurts for QB, I would take Dak...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamar made it to the AFC CS ... Dak couldn't win a WC game.

Nice try though.
Any team that does not win the Super Bowl is a failure.

Doesn't matter when they get eliminated, it's a fail regardless.

Eddie

Reaction score
... and they didn't have Dak in the Headlights.

Eddie

Reaction score
Any team that does not win the Super Bowl is a failure.

Doesn't matter when they get eliminated, it's a fail regardless.
31 failures every year? Love your agenda to mask your Dak love, but not happening.

Eddie

Reaction score
What would the #1 seed do for Dak? He got clobbered at home to the #7 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.