Don't want to hear anybody whine or cry about Dak again

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'll give the Dak....my version 10... and your version 14...DEFENSE 24.... So even if Dak gave them 24 points... we still lose by 24 :oops: And you talking ,Dak....:facepalm:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
So this year you have the best QB in the game going to the super bowl and from the other conference you'll have either a retread from LA or a 7th round draft pick in his second year. I agree that Dak gets too much hate for this teams lack of playoff success, however I also want all the fear around losing Dak to stop. Every year we see teams with better QBs than us make deeper runs, but we also see teams with worse QBs make deep runs. Honestly football is the ultimate team game and if you set up a QB with a loaded team an average one can look great. Keep Dak for 2024 and load up on talent in the offseason and im 100% good with that. Move on from Dak and use the resources from his contract to go get additional help to load up on talent this offseason and im 100% good with that. Bottom line is just go get talent to make this a more complete team. If you can do that and pay Dak, great. If you can't move on and don't fear how you replace him. In todays game we value the QB way too much.
The question is if Dak is a net benefit to the Dallas Cowboys. We exist in a world where the Dallas defense sucks and the Dallas QB sucks. Yes both of those things can be true at the same time. So we can all agree that the defense needs work. Why then is there so much fear over moving on from Dak? What exactly are you going to lose without him? What you are going to no longer whip terrible teams by 40 points?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'll give the Dak....my version 10... and your version 14...DEFENSE 24.... So even if Dak gave them 24 points... we still lose by 24 :oops: And you talking ,Dak....:facepalm:
The issue is that it isn't the defenses fault the offense couldn't score in the 1st half. The defense absolutely sucked, but so did the offense.

LoneStar84

Reaction score
If the Lions win the Super Bowl, we’d be the last team to beat them this season, so we would technically be # 1.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Look at this game. Goff isn't spectacular. But he hasn't done anything to screw his teams chances. That's what Dak did against the 49-ers the year before and the Packers game this year.

gmb1

Reaction score
Look at this game. Goff isn't spectacular. But he hasn't done anything to screw his teams chances. That's what Dak did against the 49-ers the year before and the Packers game this year.
Yep. Just like Mahomes did lose the Chiefs the game today.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
The question is if Dak is a net benefit to the Dallas Cowboys. We exist in a world where the Dallas defense sucks and the Dallas QB sucks. Yes both of those things can be true at the same time. So we can all agree that the defense needs work. Why then is there so much fear over moving on from Dak? What exactly are you going to lose without him? What you are going to no longer whip terrible teams by 40 points?
A..Jerry isn't going to do it so why drive yourself crazy. Jerry loves ,Dak... So, I'm focused on how to win with dak. If you can't do that??? What's the point of even being a Dallas Cowboy fan for the next 3 years???? I can't fix JERRY :facepalm: So, I focus on the defense. Dak can get you point's. We get a physical Oline and a physical shut down defense. I think we can win with Dak. Despite having a bad game. That's the only solution I have to what I know Jerry is going to do-extend him...So since I'm a diehard Dallas Cowboy fan. This is the best path I suggest putting Jerry in the equation. Dak isn't going anywhere.....

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
what has he done that MM hasn't? Let's be honest, that team look unbeatable this year and do you really think they are okay with losing at home to KC who on paper couldn't come close to matching up? Let me add they took some stupid, stupid penalties today as well. Remind you of a certain coach of ours?
He won a sb and didn't need an all time great qb to do so.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Sorry for the language in previous post... Lemar played like crap and the Baltimore defense gave them a chance. If we hold GB to 24 we win... Yet all I hear is Dak...Dak...Dak... Get me a defense like the Chiefs or Ravens then watch what happens. And a DC worth talking about.....Quinn ain't it...from a family member. Get a defense and we will win many playoff games. Don't get one!! Don't cry about the quarterback either...NO DEFENSE!!!! NO RINGS!!!!!! Jackson was way worse then, Dak. Yet, still had a chance in the end....
Dear MVP of the Forum.
It disappoints me to see yet another "See, they are worser than Dear Dak" post.
Yet, tha is your right to vent.
But, again I say, though I drink the pythian drink for the Cowboys, I care little about what Purdy, Lamar, Mahomes etc. do or do not do --- unless we are playing them.
I dunna care what others do. I care only what the Boys do, chap, and how they prepare.
Me Forum `scalawags, don't use the failures of others to prop up Dak, a technique-deficient and leader-deficient QB who is on automatic choke in the playoffs.
Thank you, good lad, for allowing me to vent.:angry:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Don’t want to hear anyone whine about Dak is in the title. This was a strange argument. Baltimore played exceptional defense all season, and played extremely well against the best QB and best playoff QB in the game currently. Baltimore mustered 10 points.

Maybe the argument should be that you need a balanced attack on offense that scores points against pretty much any defense routinely-and does not turn the ball over. The QB has to have the testicular fortitude to be able to do their job even in the big moments. Lamar did not today and it’s part of a growing trend. Dak can’t even get to the biggest games because of his growing trend. Dallas defense was good two years ago vs San Francisco and spectacular last season (even though Dak gifted them 6 points).

You need the 85 Bears defense to have a chance with QB’s like Dak and Lamar. Something harder to find than an elite QB.
Sure. So Dallas Defense made it to the NFC Championship game, but Dak did not. Makes sense.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dear MVP of the Forum.
It disappoints me to see yet another "See, they are worser than Dear Dak" post.
Yet, tha is your right to vent.
But, again I say, though I drink the pythian drink for the Cowboys, I care little about what Purdy, Lamar, Mahomes etc. do or do not do --- unless we are playing them.
I dunna care what others do. I care only what the Boys do, chap, and how they prepare.
Me Forum `scalawags, don't use the failures of others to prop up Dak, a technique-deficient and leader-deficient QB who is on automatic choke in the playoffs.
Thank you, good lad, for allowing me to vent.:angry:
Your forum also...You MVP also....28 years. Yep all Dak....You better find another team to cheer for the next 3 years at least because Dak's not going anywhere. Whether I like it or not. I will be here. Dallas first I always say-regardless whose on the team.....

jwitten82

Reaction score
Dak...10 point's ...Defense 38.... yet it's Dak :laugh: :laugh: No wonder it's been 28 years and counting:facepalm:
Lol funny how you keep ignoring the posts where the defense did it's job in the playoffs the last two playoff games against the 49ers and Dallas still couldn't beat them. Are you ever gonna answer or just keep defending Dak?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
A..Jerry isn't going to do it so why drive yourself crazy. Jerry loves ,Dak... So, I'm focused on how to win with dak. If you can't do that??? What's the point of even being a Dallas Cowboy fan for the next 3 years???? I can't fix JERRY :facepalm: So, I focus on the defense. Dak can get you point's. We get a physical Oline and a physical shut down defense. I think we can win with Dak. Despite having a bad game. That's the only solution I have to what I know Jerry is going to do-extend him...So since I'm a diehard Dallas Cowboy fan. This is the best path I suggest putting Jerry in the equation. Dak isn't going anywhere.....
And we are telling you that the only way you are winning with Dak is if you literally carry him with a 2010 Ravens style defense and a running game to boot. Putting the ball in his hands and expecting him to throw you to a win isn't happening.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He won a sb and didn't need an all time great qb to do so.
okay, so what you are saying is that BB is an awful coach, and doesn't deserve to get into the HOF becasue of his QB? Their post season record is the same, and are you also suggesting that the 2013 Ravens were short a few stars on the defensive side of the field?

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
okay, so what you are saying is that BB is an awful coach, and doesn't deserve to get into the HOF becasue of his QB? Their post season record is the same, and are you also suggesting that the 2013 Ravens were short a few stars on the defensive side of the field?
Lol umm no. I'm saying harbaugh is a top 5 coach and better than mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.