Twitter: Doug Free got a salary adjustment

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The percentage of time that Free (run) blocks a LB or smaller player instead of a DL is high relative to a comparison with Tyron. You can scheme that on running plays but it not so much on pass plays.

I did a breakdown of the types of run plays that they ran back in 2014 when Free played vs when JP played. It was obvious that they were scheming around Free.

Free can't get movement on DLinemen unless they are already moving that direction and he just gives them an extra push.

What he can do is wall off a defender. For example when a DE jumps hard to the outside, he can stand in the way preventing that defender from redirecting back inside in time to affect and inside run. If the defender does not jump outside, then the play often gets blown up.

I see him taking on DE and reaching DT solo all the time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Thats not what Bryan Broadus said .......

I don't care what Broaddus said. Free only got one hand on Peppers and was being driven back when he strip sacked Dak. There was a blitz and that was how Free got isoed on Peppers because Zeke had to take the middle blitz.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If that's the case, OvertheCap has it wrong.

http://overthecap.com/player/tony-romo/145/

They have a Trade causing an additional $11,100,000 in cap room, same as a Cut (pre-June 1).

They have a Cut (post-June) freeing up $8,500,000 in cap savings.

I took a look at the CBA and saw this...
https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

(2) For any player removed from the Team’s roster or whose Contract is assigned via waivers or trade after June 1, except in the Final League Year, any unamortized signing bonus amounts for future years will be included fully in Team Salary at the start of the next League Year.

..which supports what you are saying. I'm surprised overthecap, who basically advertises themselves as The online resource for NFL contracts, would have this wrong.
It can get very confusing.....OTC is good but not as good as he thinks(I find Spotrac more reliable)....they have mistakes all over the Cowboys page......they don't even have the salary cap number right......if you look at the team page it says the cap is 157.4m but it should be 159.2m.....on their team calculator it has the team cap at 155.2m instead of 159.2m, that would be 0 roll over or adjustments

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Your trolling aside ........ Free is a good O-lineman

No he isn't. He was personally responsible to 2 out of our 3 turnover the last two weeks. He is good for a couple look out blocks every week. If Romo comes back and gets injured I can all but GUARANTEE you he'll be the reason.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Again ...... I have no problem with that ....... but I have not seen him get Dak killed ....... only Romo who tells Free to let his guy go instead, of holding, because he thinks he can spin away everytime.
A couple strip sacks and a couple guys bouncing off him and a handful of sacks is not OK

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Of course you dont ......... keep the vendetta at the other place ok ....... I have no desire to speak with you on either board.

Then don't. I have no idea what you are talking about regarding a vendetta. If you don't want to discuss what actually happened on the play then that is okay.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
@**click-bait**
Mike Fisher said:
Per Cowboys source:
Just bookkeeping. We want to make sure we have enough room in case we get popped with a run of injuries. If we stay healthy then we will just roll the money over to next year. So $1M of room made. NOT related to a coming trade.

slick325

Reaction score
Anyone else hoping that this is money needed to meet incentives in Ro McClain's contract once he comes back???

I kid...I kid! Relax...

jrumann59

Reaction score
You realize Chaz played RT in HS & at UF right? There's no footwork to be worked out

That is the reason why they used him primarily in the LT slot in PS, he was not comfortable with the mirrored footwork it took to play rRT.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Both collarbone breaks were due to missed blocks by the running back
yup. its funny how some claim to be big fans but know absolutely nothing bout this team. Romo breaks are because of bad blocks by McFadden

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
yup. its funny how some claim to be big fans but know absolutely nothing bout this team. Romo breaks are because of bad blocks by McFadden
there were no RBs blocking when Romo got hurt against PHI......McFadden wasn't in the game....Dunbar went into a pass pattern and 2 blitzers came up the A gap

Romo had to throw the ball immediately but Butler, Beasley and Witten all got tangled up even though they were only being covered by 2 defenders......Romo brought his arm down and the ball slipped out...the PHI LB landed with all his weight on Tony and didn't even go for the loose ball

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
That is the reason why they used him primarily in the LT slot in PS, he was not comfortable with the mirrored footwork it took to play rRT.
Bull****....they played him to see if he could handle the LT spot which involved the swing T position. Remember his hip surgery? If he couldn't handle the Left spot, then his spot along the line was in jeopardy...can't be a swing when you can only handle one side. He is the best option at LT if Tyron can't go right now. That's why you didn't see Free moving over when Tyron was injured.

Now, I'd expect a decent push from Chaz upcoming at RT. Free gets a fan boy pass from Garrett....that I get, but his time is coming to an end at RT

Last edited by a moderator:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
there were no RBs blocking when Romo got hurt against PHI......McFadden wasn't in the game....Dunbar went into a pass pattern and 2 blitzers came up the A gap

Romo had to throw the ball immediately but Butler, Beasley and Witten all got tangled up even though they were only being covered by 2 defenders......Romo brought his arm down and the ball slipped out...the PHI LB landed with all his weight on Tony and didn't even go for the loose ball
meant break vs carolina. against philly was the blitz up the middle. had nothing to do with free

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
meant break vs carolina. against philly was the blitz up the middle. had nothing to do with free
the play vs PHI was 6 vs 5.......but Free has gotten Romo crunched plenty of times.....it was his guy vs SEA this year

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cool. What did you design?

I've worked for companies that were in a regulated industries (Medical, etc..). The auditors literally would not leave until they "found" some type of problem.

Aircraft Engines, mostly military.
Also involved with some Rocket Engines design.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
@**click-bait**
That should put DAL 6.3m under the cap......they should have another 3.5m coming in rebates from RMcClain and DMcFadden....without any major injuries they should be able to roll over 8m or so to 2017