Twitter: Doug Free got a salary adjustment

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I'm surprised the board hasn't manufactured some reasons to rip on Jeff Heath during the bye week. He's been a popular whipping boy since being drafted.

Ashame Nick Hayden's no longer around. We'd certainly be picking his performance apart right about now.

Heath deal has good value. Backup K. ST's and Safety

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's much better at run blocking than pass blocking especially against fast DE's. He can maintain blocks on the
edge though to allow Zeke to get to the 2nd level. He's not perfect at his age but, he's not trash either.
They have schemed around his problems in run blocking.

They scheme to get him on a LB in run blocking or to allow him to be a wall-off blocker. They're able to do it because he plays next to All-Pro Martin and they have All-Pros Fred and Tryon.

They do scheme around him in pass blocking also but there more options in run blocking than in pass blocking.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I probably just need a job...:lmao:

Retirement leaves me a lot of time. But for the right situation I will temporarily come out of retirement. :laugh:
Well you must have had a bad one if they were hassling you at you yearly review about being a few minutes late.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Reminds of the yearly reviews at work places. You can do 1000 right, save the companies money, but yet they need to find that one minor thing to put on your review to negate all the good so you can't get a merit increase in pay, or get a lower one. That one negative thing can be, you were late 2 minutes one day due to a traffic accident. Regardless that everyone else was 5 minutes late. Which was not on their review.

KAJCag.gif

Proximo

Reaction score
let me know who is missing Hayden right now. This is like the Spencer defenders. No one is missing either player and neither didnt raise the defense. This is really a defense of little names and its doing better as expected, something Rod M does well.

Holy moly you missed my point.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well you must have had a bad one if they were hassling you at you yearly review about being a few minutes late.

That didn't actually happen, was only giving a hypothetical.
My review was great, except they said I should be more aggressive in my work assignments. They said they must include something negative in every review, and that was the only thing they could think of.
I asked what does that mean, to be more aggressive. He said to take more control of my assignments and to lead the other designers. As no one was stepping up. So i did, and went on to a pretty good career from there.
So my negative became a positive.

But anyway wanted to give an example, as to people always feel a need to find something negative regardless of the situation. It is actually natural for people to do this.
In my case it was meant to be constructive, but many others weren't. But I had a good manager in that situation.
Fans only look for negatives to complain, but many do not offer what they would do. Well, they do offer, and that is to blow up the team. As some did suggest prior to the season.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
They have schemed around his problems in run blocking.

They scheme to get him on a LB in run blocking or to allow him to be a wall-off blocker. They're able to do it because he plays next to All-Pro Martin and they have All-Pros Fred and Tryon.

They do scheme around him in pass blocking also but there more options in run blocking than in pass blocking.

That doesn't mean he's a bad player though. It is because he is really consistent in his play that they can do that. Most staffs want that over a guy who is great on some plays but misses his assignments on others.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Is Free on the level of Smith, Fredrick, Martin nope but he is what he is an avg to above avg OT, I think his replacement is on the roster and once he gets the footwork flip taken care of Green will be a starting RT. As for those thinking Collins or Martin at RT I think the staff has tried this and neither one is nimble footed enough plus other things. Good tackles are harder to find than good guards. Bad interior guys are easier to hide than bad tackles.
You realize Chaz played RT in HS & at UF right? There's no footwork to be worked out

Common Sense

Reaction score
The move cuts into next year's cap room by pushing base salary into bonus money. So that would be a weird decision for doing this.

It's essentially cap-neutral if they don't use it. You free up $1M this year at the expense of $1M next. If you don't use this year's savings, it rolls into next year and cancels out the other $1M. I think it was just easier to do it in a bye week when players aren't preparing for the next opponent.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The move cuts into next year's cap room by pushing base salary into bonus money. So that would be a weird decision for doing this.
It would zero itself out.......they added 1m to next year so if they rolled over 1m it would be a wash

Maybe Free needed some liquid cash.....DAL was already 5m under the cap and is getting big rebates from RMcClain and McFadden to bring them to 9m under the cap...this would bring them to 10m under

FYI- trading Romo SAVES the team 5m this year....trading Sanchez saves over 1m