Down 6 pts with the ball 1:59 left in the 4th quarter no timeouts. Who are you going with?

Who do you go with this scenario??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
Romo Without a doubt. Aikman was only great when he had a great team around him. #1 Defense, #1 offensive line and the greatest running back to ever carry the ball. When he lost that, he struggled.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
To me the classic Dallas game that typified Romo's career was the last game in Texas Stadium against Baltimore.

Romo brings Dallas back and on the first play by Baltimore the defense gives up a 75 yard run.

Romo brings Dallas back again an on the first play by Baltimore the defense gives up an 80 yard run.

Romo needed to be a gunslinger because the defense was not good during his tenure. The other game that stands out was the shootout with Denver. The only reason Dallas was even in the game was because of Romo. But all that is remembered is the mistake at the end of the game.

Aikman had the best defense and Prescott has been fortunate to have good defenses except when Mike Nolan was the DC. Had Romo had defenses of the quality of Aikman and Prescott I believe Dallas could have on a title.

This sums it up

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Had Romo had defenses of the quality of Aikman and Prescott I believe Dallas could have on a title.
2016 was Romo's chance to pull an Elway.

Carried the team for years with big play heroics, but finally got a ring when he got the dominant run game.

Sean Lee made All Pro in 2016 too. That was the year. 2014 the dline was just too pathetic.
But Tony wasn't given the chance.

Almost Antonio.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There was only one man in the league that everyone feared with time left on the clock the undisputed heavyweight champion of clutch play Rodger Staubach those other three are not in his League.
In Staubach's time, there was also Stabler.
And Stabler was the 2:00 guy more than the Comeback guy. The less time, the better Stabler was.

75boyz

Reaction score
3eij4G8.png

Answer: The old guy.
Exactly.

DFWJC

Reaction score
According to PFR,

In these scenarios (trailing < 2 min to go in 4th):

Troy Aikman (post 94) *they dont have data before this season

13 completions
31 attempts
159 yards
1 TD
4 INTs

Tony Romo

130 completions
202 attempts
1487 yards
14 tds
3 ints

Dak Prescott

75 completions
150 attempts
890 yards
2 Tds
6 ints
:)lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:)
This does not surprise me at all

Of course, Troys
’s ight improve if 91-93 included, but 91 was still rough

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Post #133 on page 7 and Dak still only has 4 votes. What is surprising is that his staunchest defender hasn't voted, and a few of his other defenders voted for Aikman. It would seem Dak has fallen out of favor.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
According to PFR,

13 completions
31 attempts
159 yards
1 TD
4 INTs

Tony Romo

130 completions
202 attempts
1487 yards
14 tds
3 ints

Dak Prescott

75 completions
150 attempts
890 yards
2 Tds
6 ints
What that tells me is Dak is the last QB you want holding the ball when the game is on the line.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yep, two seasons of the worst defenses in NFL and team history have been during Prescot’s tenure. Even after Quinn’s arrival, the run D has been horrendous, and the D has failed to produce turnovers in January.

Much of the same can be said of the defenses when Romo was playing, the D always folded because they have been built from the outside in. A formula for playoff failure.

As for comebacks? Why, CPT Comeback of course!
Two seasons?
Outside of 2020 (when Dak barely played) the defenses have all been in the top 15 of points allowed (mostly top 10), and all but one other year were top 15 in yards (19th in 2021).

Things were MUCH worse during Romo's tenure.

aikemirv

Reaction score
According to PFR,

13 completions
31 attempts
159 yards
1 TD
4 INTs

Tony Romo

130 completions
202 attempts
1487 yards
14 tds
3 ints

Dak Prescott

75 completions
150 attempts
890 yards
2 Tds
6 ints
Any more questions!!!!!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Aikman. Team members feared him and didn't want to get on his bad side.
If you didn't catch the ball, Troy wasn't going to throw it to you anymore.
Romo and Dak can't stand up to their teammates.
That don't get you down the field with less than 2 minutes to go. Making plays does!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This poll may be the most significant one I have followed in several years. I have tons of respect for Tony Romo but I must be totally honest. The poll was posted late Monday. I never thought then member opinions would eventually erode Troy Aikman's sub-total below 70%.

Redline360

Reaction score
Proof Romo was a beast in the two minute drill and this idea that he was a choker was just a myth repeated by anti-fans in the media. As I said earlier in the thread, he had one of the highest QB ratings in the fourth quarter. Ultimately, doing it many times you’re going to “choke” just from a probabilistic perspective. But the QB rating accounts for that. Doing it so many times also implies your team just isn’t very good.
Been saying this for the longest time. People just get caught up in the mouth breather media talking heads.

During his tenor he was one of the top if not the premier 4th quarter and overtime quarterback.

Dude was a monster in the 4th quarter. Had to be carrying incredibly bad defenses bar a year or two for his career

Those teams Romo dragged to .500 only 3 maybe 4 quarterbacks at the time would have manged the same.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Why? I wondered. Silly question, but then I saw a large percentage going with Tony Romo who choked the bit in almost every big game he ever played. I'm shocked.

Maybe the poll should be, who would you want? Dak, Rush, Lance, or a rookie QB at 24.