Down 6 pts with the ball 1:59 left in the 4th quarter no timeouts. Who are you going with?

Who do you go with this scenario??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup, this place used to be about football talk, now it's one liners for entertainment....sound familiar?
Wonderful place to be baby but there are those few who just have to spill the milk.
Oh well, what to do what to do.................. :banghead:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Did Troy ever have a comeback win in that situation?
was the bomb to Harper in the playoffs one?

If so, it was very rare.

You would surprised how many times, especially later in his career, that he did not come up big when trailing late.

The answer is Roger. But he wasn't an option.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonderful place to be baby but there are those few who just have to spill the milk.
Oh well, what to do what to do.................. :banghead:
LOL! You have a one track mind....wearing blinders....I don't spill the milk, I pour it on those that are instigators and never have a positive thing to say about their "favorite team".....now excuse me, I'm gonna watch a show of fantasy Island....I love that little guy, reminds me of someone....may he RIP

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL! You have a one track mind....wearing blinders....I don't spill the milk, I pour it on those that are instigators and never have a positive thing to say about their "favorite team".....now excuse me, I'm gonna watch a show of fantasy Island....I love that little guy, reminds me of someone....may he RIP
You support trey then?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
According to PFR,

In these scenarios (trailing < 2 min to go in 4th):

Troy Aikman (post 94) *they dont have data before this season

13 completions
31 attempts
159 yards
1 TD
4 INTs

Tony Romo

130 completions
202 attempts
1487 yards
14 tds
3 ints

Dak Prescott

75 completions
150 attempts
890 yards
2 Tds
6 ints
:)lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Aikman. Team members feared him and didn't want to get on his bad side.
If you didn't catch the ball, Troy wasn't going to throw it to you anymore.
Romo and Dak can't stand up to their teammates.

erod

Reaction score
The latter part of Troy's career, they needed comebacks often, and he almost never delivered.

StarLord

Reaction score
Assuming they'd all have the exact same cast around them, I took Romo with 2 minutes left.

I'd take Troy to play the whole season.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
According to PFR,

In these scenarios (trailing < 2 min to go in 4th):

Troy Aikman (post 94) *they dont have data before this season

13 completions
31 attempts
159 yards
1 TD
4 INTs

Tony Romo

130 completions
202 attempts
1487 yards
14 tds
3 ints

Dak Prescott

75 completions
150 attempts
890 yards
2 Tds
6 ints
:)lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:)
Proof Romo was a beast in the two minute drill and this idea that he was a choker was just a myth repeated by anti-fans in the media. As I said earlier in the thread, he had one of the highest QB ratings in the fourth quarter. Ultimately, doing it many times you’re going to “choke” just from a probabilistic perspective. But the QB rating accounts for that. Doing it so many times also implies your team just isn’t very good.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Only Roger. Nether Troy nor Romo had the elusive skills that Roger had. Roger is the gretaest ever for the Cowboys.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I support all Cowboys....if he's the answer, so be it. We wouldn't get a chance to see him if we didn't trade for him.
That's fair. If he is if one if not fine. I'm not rooting against any current QB or player...rarely ever have. Jaylon was one of the very few....Mr. Gimp.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Numbers alone can be deceiving. A team has to be behind for a QB to engineer a comeback.

The 90’s “dynasty” teams were rarely behind in good measure because of Troy. Hence, fewer comeback opportunities for Troy. The reverse stands for Tony, although I wouldn’t attribute his teams being behind primarily because of Tony.

All things being equal, I would take Troy, then Tony, then Roger the Dodger, then Dandy Don or Dak.
I just picked from the three listed.

If I had to pick from Dallas history, it would be Roger.

I started following Dallas back when Dandy Don was the QB. I remember no matter what the score was I would always say, "just give Roger a chance". It was a gut feeling that he would bring Dallas back if just given the opportunity.

The only other QB in Dallas history that gave me that same gut feeling was Romo.

I would go Roger one, Romo two.