Draft A QB In The 1st Round

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Get picks for Dak. Start Lance. Draft a first rounder to replace Lance. Find another project boy for #3. Keep the pressure on until you win the Super Bowl.

If Belichick comes in, he may want to stay with Dak, I’m sure he’s tired of kids who don’t understand the game. And I’m fine with that as long as it’s a Belichick decision, not a Jerry insistence.
No one in their right mind would chose Lance over Rush let alone Dak.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
We already have a first round quarterback on the roster, his name is Trey Lance, time for him to get a serious look in the offseason and training camp

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Out of 32 you’re drafting what 27 or 28 ? Do you pick a QB late in first round if it’s that late . Drafting up means , moving up you give up the house , probably guts your next 2 drafts . Definitely don’t extend 4 !
The Chiefs traded the 27th pick, a 3rd rounder, and a next year 1st round pick to trade up to 10 to draft Mahomes.

Adreme

Reaction score
You trade up.

The Chiefs did it to get Mahomes.

They had just got eliminated from the playoffs with Alex Smith, traded up and took Mahomes at 10, and got their guy.

Also, nobody knew Mahomes was going to be as great as he is, but the Chiefs took a chance and it paid off.
There are 3 QBs with first round potential, and some people who have developed a love affair with Penix but he should absolutely be a day 2 pick if that. All 3 will be gone by the 6th pick and it is very possible they are gone by the end of the 3rd pick. This leaves you with trading up to reach. The Mac Jones' and Kenny Pickets' of the world tend to work out so well, but that is what you would be trading this years 1 and next years 1 to get.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mountain, I’m with you. Two words, Alex Smith. KC knew he was good, but he wasn’t good enough. That’s why they traded up to get Mahomes.
And what happens when the guy you pick isn't Mahomes? Because that's the only reason getting rid of Alex Smith made sense was because they found maybe the best QB of all time.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Trade Parsons for a haul and pick up some running backs, a safety, and linebackers.

Kick the tires with Lance... Who knows, maybe he could be our Jordan Love

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think they need to get rid of Dak.

I’m all for drafting a first round QB.

I’m also fine if they want to give Lance a season first and see what he’s got.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And what happens when the guy you pick isn't Mahomes? Because that's the only reason getting rid of Alex Smith made sense was because they found maybe the best QB of all time.
Yeah.

Because people thought that about Mahomes coming out of college.....

This revisionist history with Mahomes to try and justify the Cowboys not taking any chances in the draft is ridiculous.

You are satisfied with Alex Smith. We get it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Patrick Mahomes wasn’t Caleb Williams before the draft, that’s why he went 10th. He was Jayden Daniels/Michael Penix
Oh ok cool. So Jayden Daniels and Michael Penix are the next Pat Mahomes. Cool. Sign me up. I wonder does the rest of the league know they are on their way to being one of the best QB's of all time?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah.

Because people thought that about Mahomes coming out of college.....

This revisionist history with Mahomes to try and justify the Cowboys not taking any chances in the draft is ridiculous.

You are satisfied with Alex Smith. We get it.
It's not revisionist history. The Chiefs traded for Pat Mahomes because they thought he'd be a top 5 guy. They knew what others didn't. Andy Reid had McNabb and Mahomes. He knows what real quarterbacks look like. This team tried to trade for Paxton Lynch and draft Johnny Manziel. So yeah I guess that's on par with knowing how to evaluate QB.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
im a OU and USC fan and he sucks no thank you. you talk about a guy that cannot beat a good team he's done that in 3 seasons in college i dont want to watch it in pro's
i won't argue with you...no qbs in the first at all then lol

Aven8

Reaction score
At least you tried. Don’t forget the Lance trade was Jerry and company. Not Mike.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I’d trade Dak for nothing but picks in 2025-2026 drafts and aim for Archie Manning. Give the starting job to Rush then Lance for the next 2 years. Some team is going to tank for Manning the year he’s eligible, start trying to collect as much capital as possible.

Only a Manning can break this curse.