Draft A QB In The 1st Round

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The goal of this thread is the same as every other member's thread similar to a wide-ranging list of topics.

The goal is for other members to agree with the premise.

The goal is self-defeating. No member dictates what the franchise will do. Only Jerry Jones.

I wish people would finally start hoping and questioning what Jones should do instead of bashing each other for what no one else other than Jones can do. Stupid wish, of course.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Play the hand you are dealt. Trade away, release a chunk of the core \ older players. Let Dak enjoy playing out his contract\no trade clause getting beat to **** & fetch us a top draft pick in 2025. Then let him go into obscurity.

Use those picks wisely to reset the team much like the Lions & Texans have done.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Because he’s worth a ton of draft capital, and we need to go into a rebuild

What exactly do you think he would net . 31 other teams probably love to have him . Dropping him into coverage today bought right into GB happiness

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wentz and Bradford got picks for them…
And most people think Parsons is one of the best defensive players in the league right now. Only takes one dumb team, see first sentence.
It's kind of an ironic thing....he's one of the best defensive players in the league on a rookie deal and we want to trade him like teams did Wentz and Bradford lol. Just silly lol. Trade our best pass rusher and the only one who can get sacks in favor of what?

RonWashington

Reaction score
When people say trade Parsons does that include trading him to say Philly or the Giants . The Commaders could get George Halas and it wouldn’t help .

RS12

Reaction score
And 3 of the 4 were linemen.
You asked a question and I answered. That is more than just about any other QB had. Just curious, how many times do you need to see the QB exposed as a fraud till you come to the conclusion that we who want to win came to a while ago, he is never gonna get it done here. Sad you guys continue to cling to the fantasy Dak will lead this team anywhere but participation trophies. I think it is probably even obvious to Jerry by now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You asked a question and I answered. That is more than just about any other QB had. Just curious, how many times do you need to see the QB exposed as a fraud till you come to the conclusion that we who want to win came to a while ago, he is never gonna get it done here. Sad you guys continue to cling to the fantasy Dak will lead this team anywhere but participation trophies. I think it is probably even obvious to Jerry by now.
I mean I just watched the whole team collapse. Now I could be a child and pretend like I didn't see it. I could assume that Dak was why the defense looked bad today.

But I guess this is the thing. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that Dak is the best we can do. Why? Because this team has no idea how to draft QB's.

I also understand when this team sucks it sucks collectively. That says a lot about your team. But naw man I get it you are on your "I Told you so tour" so have at it. Sorry to interrupt.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Draft a quarterback in the first round, eh?

Who do you think you'll get - Mahomes or Vince Young? Rodgers or Ryan Leaf? Drew Brees or Matt Leinhart?

Not saying I wouldn't consider taking a qb in the first round, but it sounds like from the thread title that it's a sure-fire way to win a SB. However, as I noted above, it's far from a slam dunk.

It would take a lot of analysis to decide if Dallas should do that. Besides, Dallas already has a first round draft pick (third overall, actuallly) on the roster already - Trey Lance. If "draft a qb in the first round" is your go-to plan, then you're all set...

Just sayin'...

RS12

Reaction score
I mean I just watched the whole team collapse. Now I could be a child and pretend like I didn't see it. I could assume that Dak was why the defense looked bad today.

But I guess this is the thing. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that Dak is the best we can do. Why? Because this team has no idea how to draft QB's.

I also understand when this team sucks it sucks collectively. That says a lot about your team. But naw man I get it you are on your "I Told you so tour" so have at it. Sorry to interrupt.
Do you want to win or do want to apologize? It is really that simple. Dak showed who he was today (again) in the playoffs. I guess you just dont wanna believe it. Anyway thats your deal.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Reid never won anything until Mahomes showed up.
While true, Reed dominated the NFC, getting to 4 straight NFCCGs and a Super Bowl appearance .... with the "HOFer" Donovan McNabb as his QB.

Do you think MM could do that? I mean, did he even get to 4 NFCCGs with Rodgers as his QB?
:huh:

(I'll save you the time, I just checked, and it was 3 NFCCGs and 1 SB with Aaron Freaking Rodgers.)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
While true, Reed dominated the NFC, getting to 4 straight NFCCGs and a Super Bowl appearance .... with the "HOFer" Donovan McNabb as his QB.

Do you think MM could do that? I mean, did he even get to 4 NFCCGs with Rodgers as his QB?
:huh:

(I'll save you the time, I just checked, and it was 3 NFCCGs and 1 SB with Aaron Freaking Rodgers.)
As soon as MM got fired from Green Bay they went to two straight NFC Championship games also lol

ScalperX

Reaction score
I think he has no confidence in what he sees. I'm not sure why. This wasn't a thing about Dak. Remember what he looked like his rookie season against GB? This is something new with Dak and I'm not entirely sure where it came from. His rookie season he was at his height in big moments.
But even his rookie year he came out flat against Green Bay in the playoffs. We were down 21-0. It’s like when Dak gets in the mindset of… I don’t care what happens, I’m just going to play relaxed and sling it. That’s when he’s at his best. This year we were getting blown out in the first half, and in the 2nd half the pressure was off and he got in that mentality, his play improved significantly. I just don’t think he can handle the pressure unfortunately.