Draft A QB In The 1st Round

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How many sacks did he get in the biggest game of the year? Or most of the end of the season?
Keep him and pay him 28m per year?
Paying him 28m is what seems silly.
He got none but I can go down the whole team and none of them played well. I came out of yesterdays game with Gallup and Ferg the on ones playing well. You got 100 million sitting on the bench in Diggs(unfair I know) you got Daks 100 plus million looking shook, Lamb crying, Terrence Steele sucking….i just don’t think it’s a Micah issue.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
No thanks to the QBs most likely available at 24.

Bo Nix and Michael Penix, Jr. are Fool's Gold.

Mike McCarthy is hard to get a read on because he wasn't asked to do a lot at Michigab. When he lets it fly, he has shown some zip.

Spencer Rattler has all of the talent in the world but is also a world class diva.

Also, there is ZERO chance that Jerry admits he screwed up trading for Trey Lance this fast, ZERO.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I am gone. You will see. Next year you won’t see me around here.
We’ll see but you stuck around after the game yesterday. When you’re a real fan, a diehard it’s in your blood and it’s hard to pull away.

Sydla

Reaction score
How many sacks did he get in the biggest game of the year? Or most of the end of the season?
Keep him and pay him 28m per year?
Paying him 28m is what seems silly.
Myles Garrett had zero sacks in the Texans game.

Is he overrated too?

That being said, if we were tearing this whole thing down, Parsons would be a trade candidate. He's useless to me for a few years if we are in a rebuild.

But it's all poppycock anyway. Jerry, at this stage of his life, won't do the smart thing and tear this thing down.

ScalperX

Reaction score
We’ll see but you stuck around after the game yesterday. When you’re a real fan, a diehard it’s in your blood and it’s hard to pull away.
Well sure. I invested a lot of energy in the team this year… only natural to get it all out before I move on. I’ll still watch next year but it won’t be priority anymore.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well sure. I invested a lot of energy in the team this year… only natural to get it all out before I move on. I’ll still watch next year but it won’t be priority anymore.
I was going to say you’ll watch and you’ll root but you just won’t come here and post unless they have a special season that lures you back to posting. However, you’ll probably still lurk to see what’s being said here.

ScalperX

Reaction score
I was going to say you’ll watch and you’ll root but you just won’t come here and post unless they have a special season that lures you back to posting. However, you’ll probably still lurk to see what’s being said here.
I won’t be lured back lol. A special season only ends one way. There are more important things in my life that deserve the time and energy I constantly give this team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I won’t be lured back lol. A special season only ends one way. There are more important things in my life that deserve the time and energy I constantly give this team.
I can tell you’re hurting right now. lol You’ll probably feel a little better by the draft and training camp. :thumbup: I’ve been following the team since 72. I’ve been through all the highs and lows. The losses don’t affect me like they use to.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
No thanks to the QBs most likely available at 24.

Bo Nix and Michael Penix, Jr. are Fool's Gold.

Mike McCarthy is hard to get a read on because he wasn't asked to do a lot at Michigab. When he lets it fly, he has shown some zip.

Spencer Rattler has all of the talent in the world but is also a world class diva.

Also, there is ZERO chance that Jerry admits he screwed up trading for Trey Lance this fast, ZERO.
I am just the opposite of you, I wouldn't touch McCarthy and think Bo Nix is going to be a really good QB. Maybe not elite but the kid has great poise, is accurate and has a solid arm.

I would cut my losses with Dak and trade him in a heartbeat.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
In this day and age I would think the best of “ training regimens “ are known to Lance . I’m going by what I saw of him in SF . Couldn’t stay on the field .
He only played in 8 games, over two years.

Not enough time to make a judgment on "staying on the field", imho...

ghst187

Reaction score
Myles Garrett had zero sacks in the Texans game.

Is he overrated too?

That being said, if we were tearing this whole thing down, Parsons would be a trade candidate. He's useless to me for a few years if we are in a rebuild.

But it's all poppycock anyway. Jerry, at this stage of his life, won't do the smart thing and tear this thing down.
If you’re paying 25m+, yes very overrated.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He does not.

So much so that Oregon changed their Offense two years ago.

Watch at the Combine. He will struggle (if he throws at all).
The draft profiles I have seen don't agree with your take on his arm strength.
  • Nix has the arm strength necessary to make off-platform throws when rolling to both his left and right. In addition to his good (6) arm strength, Nix showcased fantastic mechanics on the move. He would never be closed off as a passer in these situations, instead getting his foot and front shoulder pointing to the receiver.

• Nix manipulates defenses with his eyes, effectively holding safeties and linebackers to create passing lanes. Delivers the ball with zip, especially when threading the needle against tight coverage.
  • While he might not have the biggest cannon in the class, his arm strength is more than adequate. Delivers with velocity, even when throwing off-platform.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The draft profiles I have seen don't agree with your take on his arm strength.
  • Nix has the arm strength necessary to make off-platform throws when rolling to both his left and right. In addition to his good (6) arm strength, Nix showcased fantastic mechanics on the move. He would never be closed off as a passer in these situations, instead getting his foot and front shoulder pointing to the receiver.

• Nix manipulates defenses with his eyes, effectively holding safeties and linebackers to create passing lanes. Delivers the ball with zip, especially when threading the needle against tight coverage.
  • While he might not have the biggest cannon in the class, his arm strength is more than adequate. Delivers with velocity, even when throwing off-platform.
You'll see.

Brugler and Tice talked about it on their last podcast (The Athletic, Prospects to Pros).

Here's another scout's take...

The last of Nix’s few weaknesses is his velocity. The arm strength is there, but he doesn’t possess the high velocity seen every Sunday from your above-average NFL starters. This may develop with time, but at the moment, Nix would need to stay within the short to intermediate range, avoiding the far hash throws in the NFL.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
He does not.

So much so that Oregon changed their Offense two years ago.

Watch at the Combine. He will struggle (if he throws at all).
Agree…Nix is the definition of check down charlie. Their entire offense is quick short throws. His ADOT was very low.

I’m fine taking a QB early…but Nix’s game doesn’t translate to NFL success.

McMicah

Reaction score
It's been 35 years since the Cowboys last took a QB in the 1st round. That was Troy Aikman and the rest is history.

The most important position in professional sports should be taken much more seriously than the Dallas Cowboys organization takes it.
Disagree but not because I want to keep Dak. I say let Trey Lance play next year. I want 17 games. If he sucks, you’ll get an early pick in 2025. If he is ‘meh’ you draft your QB then and no who your long term backup is. If he’s awesome, you saved yourself a pick. I want 2024 to be the season where we learn what Lance is