Draft Day 3 thread

a_minimalist

Reaction score
gimmesix;4536365 said:
You just never know. Dallas hasn't had a good track record with linemen, but the Cowboys have had seventh-round picks like Ratliff turn out to be finds.

Keep following the board Cowboys, wherever it might lead you.

ya, i guess you guys are right. following the board is the most important thing.

Mash

Reaction score
DFWJC;4536355 said:
They looked very happy.

Anyway.
NFL Draft Scout ranks him as a 3-4th rounder. Some had him as a solid third rounder some didn't.

I'm really curious now about our next pick.

thks man for the reply

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
jobberone;4536347 said:
4.32 and 7.11 times with a 34" vertical. Had good Shrine game.

On the OL, this draft is telling you a lot of how they currently feel about who is on the team. You may not agree with it but... Still I'd like to see a C.

It tells me that other teams took the better offensive linemen on Dallas's board prior to Dallas getting on the clock.

It happens.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
jobberone;4536359 said:
01/23/2012 - TOP TEN PROSPECTS WHO HELPED THEMSELVES AT THE EAST-WEST SHRINE: DE/OLB Kyle Wilber, Wake Forest: With lean limbs and frame, Wilber doesn't necessarily look like a prototypical pass rusher off the edge, but he pursues the quarterback with a relentless attitude. He has tweener traits and needs to show better discipline against the run, but he has the flexibility and long arms to rip past blockers and change directions with coordinated footwork. Wilber won't be valued the same by every team and projects best as a hybrid DE/OLB in a 3-4 scheme. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

Thanks. Like the attitude and athleticism. Maybe going to 3-4 OLB will be a good move for him.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Well, yes, but most draft picks don't work out and sometimes teams make picks that are transparently stupid in the draft. Just trusting the scouts doesn't make that much more sense than instinctively rejecting a guy you haven't heard of.

Edit: that was meant as a reply to Gimmesix.

kmd24

Reaction score
Hope to see a lot of this in the future:

[youtube]CPSg2zODVcQ[/youtube]

ethiostar

Reaction score
StevenOtero;4536370 said:
Yeah, I'm used to it by now. Oh well....let them eat cake.

Hey, can I have a slice of cake even though I like this pick... I like cake:)

burmafrd

Reaction score
DFWJC;4536364 said:
Well, in the last two years they've done well.

I would have tried to get him a bit later, but none of are can see their board.

once again outside of Free who was drafted 5 years ago show me a quality starting OL or even a quality backup OL player this team has developed let alone in the last two years.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Eddie;4536348 said:
There's been a heavy run on OL. There's not many good ones left.

I'd rather go with Arkin and Nagy than draft the 50th best OG in this year's draft.

Even if the 50th-best OG actually turns out to be the second best? And don't tell me that hasn't happened because there are several examples of it.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
burmafrd;4536341 said:
never got more than a handful of sacks in his entire college career. What are the chances he figures it out in the pros?

I think that's hard to project. You never know what a guy could do with good pro coaching and development. Plus, take guys like Butler and Brandon Williams, who had a ton of sacks in college. You just never know.

They're talking about him with Eberflus right now, and he's describing him as a very smart, tough, hard-working player. Likes his athletic ability, and that he's already good in coverage and rerouting TE's. Says he has some pass rush ability, but acknowledges that he has a couple of things to learn.

Eddie

Reaction score
burmafrd;4536385 said:
once again outside of Free who was drafted 5 years ago show me a quality starting OL or even a quality backup OL player this team has developed let alone in the last two years.

I still have hope for Arkin and Nagy.

You never know.

DFWJC

Reaction score
burmafrd;4536385 said:
I was referring to our drafting overall thelast two years, so I missed your beef with our OL developemnt.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
ethiostar;4536383 said:
Hey, can I have a slice of cake even though I like this pick... I like cake:)
Dig in Fellas! lol

0ho3q.png

MOZONE

Reaction score
AsthmaField;4536295 said:
Dude, you've been killing every pick we've made. Go back to your team's message board for crying out loud and stop trolling Cowboy boards.

Dude

I DONT have to like the pick bcause you do .
Fall back

a_minimalist

Reaction score
burmafrd;4536385 said:

I get your point, but it still doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
baj1dallas;4536354 said:
Also tells you what we already knew, they are getting guys that love football and have a strong desire to play, nobody that has to be motivated.

You're right. Centers left: oops. forget it. formatting doesn't translate.