Draft Day 3 thread

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4536474 said:
Do you think Fletcher Cox and Vinny Curry are just names, just curious? There's no condescending tone in this question nor am i being sarcastic with this sentence.

I think Cox is the real deal. I think Curry could be just a name, and it's a good possibility we'll end up with the better "end" in Crawford, who didn't receive near the draft hype.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Do you think Fletcher Cox and Vinny Curry are just names, just curious? There's no condescending tone in this question nor am i being sarcastic with this sentence.

At this point, yes. The jump from college, even for the great ones, is huge. Some guys make it, some don't. Won't know until they lace 'em up.

Mash

Reaction score

Who knows really right? The both may end up being average players....its happened so many times in the NFL.....Every year it happens.

We just dont know how therse players will play in the NFL....If there was a formula that could give us 100% guarantee on it......all GM's would be doing it.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
That's it! The last "quality" 3-4 DE is gone...I don't know who else is out there now to build the DLine. Maybe Josh Chapman but I doubt it since they don't like NTs

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
MOZONE;4536398 said:
Dude

I DONT have to like the pick bcause you do .
Fall back

You haven't liked a single thing Dallas has done, including getting one of the few elite players in this draft... at a position of need that killed us last season... and doing it at a cost that is almost universally viewed as cheap. Not to mention that he was the 2nd ranked player on the Dallas board behind Luck and their scouts saw him as the best CB prospect in many years.

Getting the top ranked 3rd round player late in the 3rd didn't make you any happier.

Either you are a rival fan trolling this board or you just lack football understanding.

Dude.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dexternjack;4536471 said:
The OL was adequate, the Def was not in any way, shape or form. The O put up enough points to win a few more games, the def could not stop anyone.

The O put up numbers in SOME games. In others, they were subpar.

Arizona
New England
Either Philly Game

They scored 20 or less in 7 games.

They were boom or bust and were far from consistent because the OL was bad.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4536500 said:
The Eagles and Giants are having great drafts. Boykin is a steal.

what it looks like right now means nothing. Some people here thought when Philly got Max Jean Giles they got the next LA.

gimmesix

Reaction score
logan;4536488 said:
Yeah, people always overrate names. Remember how everyone thought the Eagles owned the draft the year they got Bunkley/Justice/Jean Gilles? How'd that work out?

That's a good example.

I remember when we drafted Jason Hatcher in the third round, and everyone was criticizing Jerry until they found out that the Patriots were trying to get him.

Now, I'm not saying Hatcher has had a great career, just that we don't know how it is all going to work out.

I like our draft so far, but it could turn out that we have a good corner and two JAGs, or maybe a top corner, another Jay Ratliff and an OLB starter kit.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Did anyone just hear the story about Josh Chapman and how he tore his ACL in october and still finished out the year? lol that's a tough SOB

Mash

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4536507 said:

Arizona
New England
Either Philly Game

I think it was more execution on scoring inside the 20 then anything else. We gained yards....alot of them. You dont do that if your OL is as bad as some think.

And considering Austin and Murray were dinged up.....I thought the offense did pretty well moving the ball.

JMHO

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;4536410 said:
Parnell MIGHT be someone that can make it; but as I recall they said a lot of the same things about Sam Young at the time. As they did about Brewster before him and so on.

So frankly any O lineman drafted from this point on its about 10-1 against him amounting to anything.

What we have on the O line right now is all there is for this year.

I just hope Killa or maybe Nagy can do something at Center. That is where we are weakest

They didn't extend Young or Brewster.

Eddie

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4536523 said:
They didn't extend Young or Brewster.

Can't believe Brewster was a throw away 3rd rounder. Hate it.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Picksix;4536493 said:
At this point, yes. The jump from college, even for the great ones, is huge. Some guys make it, some don't. Won't know until they lace 'em up.

Better answer than mine.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4536500 said:
The Eagles and Giants are having great drafts. Boykin is a steal.

This is the case every single year. They seem to draft closer to all the published rankings than a lot of teams do and that is the reason for it. A lot of those recognizable names they've drafted for the past 4-5 years are nowhere to be seen now. Just because you recognize the names or their on someone's list of best available doesn't mean a single thing.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hoofbite;4536507 said:

Arizona
New England
Either Philly Game

I am not saying the OL did not need help, because they do. But with a healthy Murray, more experience, better upcoming coaching and a few new signings, the line will/should be better this season. If the def stayed the same with only the main addition of Carr, this team would be in the same situation as last year, a horrible defense. Once Claiborne was drafted, we knew which direction was most important to go in.