Draft Day 3 thread

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So Green Bay picks 2 times in a row and feel like eating every second on the clock?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Besides the center position someone please tell me an OL drafted in the 4th round or later that is going to start in front of the 2 OL we signed in FA that have multiple NFL starts on their resumes?

I don't care if any of us think they are any good when we signed them in FA they became our OL along with the others on the roster for this season.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;4536568 said:
So Green Bay picks 2 times in a row and feel like eating every second on the clock?

They get 10 minutes of clock. They don't have to make their first pick within 5 minutes.

Eddie

Reaction score
Primetime42;4536567 said:
His fiance died after giving birth to his son. He put his focus on being a better father.

Nothing wrong with that. Stuff happens.

Unfortunately, he could have been a better father AND have a solid NFL career.

Working double shifts at Home Depot may not necessarily mean you're a better father.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
gimmesix;4536559 said:
That's one of those things that always gets me about the draft.

I had been seeing the names Curry, Winn and Crick before it, but not really Crawford. Then after we draft him, you read up on the player and see that he's considered better than a couple of those guys and in the same range as the other by several scouting sites.

Boise State syndrome.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CaptainAmerica;4536570 said:
Besides the center position someone please tell me an OL drafted in the 4th round or later that is going to start in front of the 2 OL we signed in FA that have multiple NFL starts on their resumes?

I don't care if any of us think they are any good when we signed them in FA they became our OL along with the others on the roster for this season.
Bingo! no one will.

burmafrd

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4536554 said:
Hey if you want to think that what the Cowboys did 3 or 4 or 5 years ago has merit on what Garrett is doing today, then so be it.

I must have missed the headline where Red Ball bought the team and is now the GM. ANd as regards recent extensions how about Scandrick?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eddie;4536576 said:

Working double shifts at Home Depot may not necessarily mean you're a better father.

That thought crossed my mind.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4536564 said:
Nope, I hope it's him or Childs.

Wouldn't mind Chillds. He was a beast in 2010 before being slowed last year coming off surgery. I think he needed the year to return to form.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4536572 said:
Awful, when was that?
Im not 100% sure to be honest, but I think it was shortly before being drafted.

I mean, you can blame our scouts and coaches for not knowing how he'd react, but how do you judge something like that?

vicjagger

Reaction score
DFWJC;4536547 said:
We already took the 8th rated DE in Tyrone Chapman.

He was rated ahead of Winn and Crick and one slot behind Curry.

Did you want us to take two, or you just making a general statement.

Assuming you meant Tyrone Crawford...

Who rated him #8? NFL.com has him at #11.

Winn & Crick are NTs.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Eddie;4536576 said:

Stay classy.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;4536570 said:

Every position on the team has players with starts under their belt.

So we don't draft any player?

I want an OL, have no problem if one is not worth the pick but lets not make reasons why a player wouldn't help in one area but another player could help in another without even considering what is available.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;4536580 said:
I must have missed the headline where Red Ball bought the team and is now the GM. ANd as regards recent extensions how about Scandrick?

Look at his cost per year... For a 3rd corner, that's not out of line.

And if you don't think Garrett has influence on personel decisions... Well I'm not sure what else could be said. You're obviously living perpetually in the past.

MOZONE

Reaction score
Eddie;4536566 said:
My thoughts as well.

If someone doesn't agree with the majority ... there's a lot of name calling.

I barely come here anymore. I was insulted by someone when I simply asked for a link to the live draft.

Yeah I think I should go back to lurker status
Your not allowed to have a differing opinion with some on here .
When I post positive im a homer .
I post negative im a troll .

Cant win .

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Eddie;4536576 said:

Hard to say something like that. Especially when your never home as an NFL player.