Draft Day 3 thread

Hoofbite

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4537226 said:
I find it funny how everybody keeps going back to 09. Where did the drafts in between go?

Oh ya, they were good.

Sorry, but I'm on board with the scouts as of lately.

2009 was a deliberate attempt at getting cute.

It was abnormal and should have never happened. Completely different thought process involved than any other draft I have seen.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Kilyin;4537272 said:
Lot of thin skinned people around here. Would you be offended if someone implied you smoked a lot of marijuana based on your username and avatar? Just curious.

No not at all haha. Just rattled a sensitive subject as I said.

I'll leave it at that. Move along now!

ethiostar

Reaction score
Zordon;4537235 said:
i can't get over that johnson pick.

it's not that i don't like him, i just don't understand why you pick him so early when we probably could have gotten him in the 6th round?

we could have used that pick on another prospect.

Key word there. If they liked him a lot going into the draft, chances are at least one or two other teams may have regarded him as highly as the Boys did. So, perhaps they just didn't want to take any chances.

Randy White

Reaction score
bigtach87;4537153 said:
There appears to be a pattern to all of our picks so far...

Claiborne: "Solid work ethic. Mature for his age. No off the field issues to our knowledge. Good mental makeup for the position."

Crawford: "Very coachable. Works hard on and off the field. Appears to have good football character. No off the field issues to our knowledge."

Wilber: "A well rounded individual. Hard worker and takes coaching well. Respected by coaches and teammates. Named a team captain as a senior."

Danny Coale: "Accountable and a relentless worker. A well rounded and respectable individual. Has a team first mentality."

Matt Johnson: " This is a physical player that leaves it all on the field...always around the football.."

THIS.... :clap2:

Zordon

Reaction score
ethiostar;4537285 said:
Key word there. If they liked him a lot going into the draft, chances are at least one or two other teams may have regarded him as highly as the Boys did. So, perhaps they just didn't want to take any chances.
yeah i'm just going to trust the process at this point.

ethiostar

Reaction score
bigtach87;4537153 said:
There appears to be a pattern to all of our picks so far...

Claiborne: "Solid work ethic. Mature for his age. No off the field issues to our knowledge. Good mental makeup for the position."

Crawford: "Very coachable. Works hard on and off the field. Appears to have good football character. No off the field issues to our knowledge."

Wilber: "A well rounded individual. Hard worker and takes coaching well. Respected by coaches and teammates. Named a team captain as a senior."

Danny Coale: "Accountable and a relentless worker. A well rounded and respectable individual. Has a team first mentality."

Matt Johnson: " This is a physical player that leaves it all on the field...always around the football.."

Yep!!!

I meant to post something to this nature a little while ago. You saved me a few key strokes. Thanks!

Randy White

Reaction score
to Tommy Streeter and Danny Coale: the key is looking at the current roster.

Tommy Streeter is a big time talent with big time question. Certainly he should be selected by now and he might turn out to be a BIG steal. If he doesn't, then no big deal because it is the 5th round after all. Having said that, the Cowboys roster has two other players with Tommy Streeter's size and ability. Perhaps not as talented, but certainly with the same abilities.

Aside from Dez and Miles, there is 6'5, 210 lbs Andre Holmes, and 6'3, 200 lbs Raymond Radway.

On the other hand, there will be 5'10, 210 lbs Dwayne Harris, 6'1, 190lbs Kevin Ogletree, and now 6'0, 210 lbs Danny Coale.

I'm not saying that Streeter couldn't beat any of those 4 guys for a roster spot, but taken into consideration his negatives, the new philosophy RED is implementing in Valley Ranch, and the roster number, it's understandable why Coale was selected over Streeter.

Put Coale's " want to " into Streeter's body, and we'd be talking about a top 10 pick receiver.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Oh well, there goes my boy Iloka.

He will be the guy I compare to the S we took.
I hope I was wrong....or maybe they both end up being decent.

He did go later than I expected.

Zordon

Reaction score
steelers invested completely in their trenches. inside...out.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
steelers picked up chris rainey. I actually kind of like the steelers draft...lol....I like our draft too though.

and picked up another big NT. Something a 3-4 defense needs. I cannot wait til we can get a big tough SOB at NT in our 3-4. Ratliff gets blown off the ball or washed. He is good in pass situations but he also is not pushing the pocket. We need a NT to throw the center into the QB's lap.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Zordon;4537414 said:
steelers invested completely in their trenches. inside...out.
I like their draft.

3 out 5 in the trenches though. The other two were RB and LB.

They are aging in the trenches and are in pretty good shape in the skill positions.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jblaze2004;4537438 said:
steelers picked up chris rainey. I actually kind of like the steelers draft...lol....I like our draft too though.
So far, Pitt has had the best draft IMO.