Draft Day 3 thread

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4537726 said:
Yeah. Great plan, eh? That's what the two teflon geniuses came up with. And if the head coach was in on it, he needs to go too.

Enjoy another year of getting abused at the line of scrimmage.

But hey, look at those shiny new cornerbacks! I want their jersey!!

Geez you're taking this well RS...

Here I thought you would be bitter. :)

Randy White

Reaction score
Zordon;4537691 said:
hmmm ok, so why is he a 6th rounder?

Not consistent ? Not a great in-line blocker ? Played behind better talent ?

Tell you this much, the Dolphins spent a 3rd round draft pick on a TE ( Michael Egnew ) who's very similar to Hanna.

The Titans spent a 5th round pick on one ( Taylor Thompson ) who played DE in college, showed up to the combines and decided to showcase his skills as a TE and impressed everyone.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LeonDixson;4537708 said:
Who is he?

ILB Arizona St. Was a 1st round projection last year before free falling down the draft board do to a down senior year, awful workouts and character concerns.

Zordon

Reaction score
Don Corleone;4537725 said:
For years they thought Houck's coaching could fix all.
one thing i've noticed is new coaches tend to overrate the talent on the current roster. remember ryan last year..."we have the best players blah, blah, blah..".

they come into new situations and feel they can fix the situation without much help b/c of their egos.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randy White;4537738 said:
Not consistent ? Not a great in-line blocker ? Played behind better talent ?

Tell you this much, the Dolphins spent a 3rd round draft pick on a TE ( Michael Egnew ) who's very similar to Hanna.

I would take Egnew over Hanna, but you're right that there isn't that much of a difference to account for 3 rounds.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zordon;4537750 said:
one thing i've noticed is new coaches tend to overrate the talent on the current roster. remember ryan last year..."we have the best players blah, blah, blah..".

they come into new situations and feel they can fix the situation without much help b/c of their egos.

I hope Callahan's ego doesn't tell him he's a better OL coach than Hudson Houck.

Tyron Smith thrived under Houck's coaching. Maybe that's because he has actual NFL talent.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Risen Star;4537740 said:
ILB Arizona St. Was a 1st round projection last year before free falling down the draft board do to a down senior year, awful workouts and character concerns.

Sounds like a player

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4537729 said:
Geez you're taking this well RS...

Here I thought you would be bitter. :)

Ya know, Mike....that comment doesn't piss me off as much as the fact I know you've got on your old Larry Brown jersey with "Claiborne" taped on the back while you typed it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jblaze2004;4537764 said:
dream team:laugh1:

Cmon. Look at the name. Andy probably thought he was ordering McDonalds.

Andy: Wait...they got a McNutt in this draft? I'll take a McNutt.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
to ask a similar question as risen, would any of you draft alfonzo dennard with the last pick?

i would. i mean we've ignored the OL the whole draft so we might as well just stay consistent.

Woods

Reaction score
Risen Star;4537793 said:
The Commanders have added a couple of nice late round OL prospects.

I liked the Compton pick. Wish they didn't get him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Zordon;4537750 said:

No doubt. Remember Rob when he got here: "I'm not tryin' to farm anyone else's land here, but..."

Then barely 12 months later he's apparently convinced Jerry he needs almost an entire draft of new players.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Risen Star;4537793 said:
The Commanders have added a couple of nice late round OL prospects.

People said the same thing last year about us.