Draft= home run

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboys1fan, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

6,633 Messages
    4,831 Likes Received
    Couldn’t agree more. This draft went so well that everyone is shocked these guys fell into our laps

Tangle_Foot and TheSkaven like this.
  2. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing Zone Supporter

6,780 Messages
    5,253 Likes Received
    Let’s see how this turns out, but it could end being better than the famed 2016 draft. The Cowboys didn’t reach at any position, it was BPA up and down even into the later rounds. Now go out and sign Benito Jones, Kekoa Nawahine and Hunter Bryant. They only had 7 picks but I would have liked them to address tight end and safety.

They’re already significantly better but if they go out and make these signings, I think it could be the best draft class in decades.

3. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

5,358 Messages
    5,395 Likes Received
    Lindy’s has a predraft Top 100 players list. Our first five picks were in the first 62!

4. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

22,087 Messages
    18,800 Likes Received
    A+ draft. It went better than I ever anticipated. My hat is off to JerryJones and his FO. Coach McCarthy, I can't help but think it was your influence that made this draft so much better. Congratulations to all of you. :clap:

DeathMonkey and Tangle_Foot like this.
  5. Longboysfan

Longboysfan hipfake08

12,805 Messages
    5,496 Likes Received
    One of the best since Jimmy ran the drafts.

6. 31RoyW31

31RoyW31 Active Member

184 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    He was probably able to concentrate better without all the annoying clapping in his ear.

408Cowboy and panchucko like this.
  7. davidariust24

davidariust24 Well-Known Member

1,184 Messages
    1,062 Likes Received
    We got lucky. Everything seemed to fall to us at the right time starting with the Lamb pick. The Biadasz and Anae picks were truly shocking.

8. Cowboys1fan

Cowboys1fan Well-Known Member

589 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    biadaz was mocked as a first rounder prior to this season. Injuries pushed him down

9. Cowboys1fan

Cowboys1fan Well-Known Member

589 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    Tfred biggest knock in draft was he was slow and immobile

10. cityochamps

cityochamps Zone Supporter

3,717 Messages
    3,289 Likes Received
    thats difference between a mediocre coaches and a very good coaches input in the draft

11. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

3,615 Messages
    6,088 Likes Received
    I dont understand how this draft was any indication that Garrett's firing was justified. When it comes to HC's, their record pretty much determines this. The firing was more about a performance issue. The team culture did not emphasize an urgency and increased level of performance in the 4th quarter of close games

Ironically, many here were insisting that Garrett had very limited participation in choosing the players, it was McCoy and the Joneses.

Now that the team underachieved, the narrative had been switched to Garrett being a 21st century Ceasar whose authoritarian grip on the franchise has been dealt with.

I'm pretty sure the truth is somewhere closer to the middle.

12. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

14,009 Messages
    14,774 Likes Received
    Agreed! I really like all of our picks. We did well.

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  13. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

24,691 Messages
    60,331 Likes Received
    "Draft= home run"
    Homerun? Honey this draft was a grand slam. Did you know the last time Dallas drafted a wide receiver this early, they went on to win three Super Bowls. [​IMG]

ESisback likes this.
  14. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

5,358 Messages
    5,395 Likes Received
    We
    We MAY have 2 or 3 impact starters in the first year! Surely 4 within 3!