Draft rumours and info

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Just a quick thought...

SF has two 1s but nothing after until the 5th. Wow.

They should be VERY open for business at 13.

If they would take a 4th to move back 4 spots could end up being very worth it for Dallas.

You just know someone really good and unexpected is gonna be sitting there at 13, but wont make it to 17. Just a feeling I've had all along.

the drop off in talent could be huge from 13-17 and you better get much more than a 4th to drop back.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Just a quick thought...

If they would take a 4th to move back 4 spots could end up being very worth it for Dallas.

You just know someone really good and unexpected is gonna be sitting there at 13, but wont make it to 17. Just a feeling I've had all along.

That'd be nice, but it's not realistic. They'd ask for at least our 3rd, maybe our 2nd.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don't think we have but I wish we would. He's one of the few DTs in this class that can anchor...which is the kind of dude we need.
im a big fan of his.
i haven't seen that we've talked to wr kj hill or cb damon arnette either.

Reaction score
Just a quick thought...

I’ve been suggesting this too. And if we need to get back into round 4 this year because we love a player there, trade next year’s 3. We’ll get a comp 3.

jnday

Reaction score
All very true, just saying they may be open to a discount. They need picks.

The cost there is about a third, not a second.

Point being, they may be open for business at less than market.
Jerry has been known to come out of these deals on the bad end of the deal.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I don't think we have but I wish we would. He's one of the few DTs in this class that can anchor...which is the kind of dude we need.
We never talked to McGovern either, did we? All depends on who’s there when we pick.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Obviously you arent.

And the sack total was significantly higher, AFTER Cooper was traded for.

If you think missing Frederick played 0 part in that, then we can end this debate right here.

Sacks:
2016- 25

2017- 32

2018- 56

2019- 26

Yep, the offensive line will be absolutely fine without an adequate replacement for Frederick
I'm not saying I'm against drafting Ruiz..... however, you are right about 2018 how bad the OL was. I believe it was a few factors. Some was Dak holding the ball too long and doing that stupid spin right into a defender, also not only was Looney new but had a rookie Connor Williams beside him at LG. The biggest thing about OL, more than anything is chemistry.

I think taking Ruiz at 17 is a big time reach but if he is the target, Dallas should trade back. If no trade is available than Dallas needs to draft best player available and that wouldn't be Ruiz......... just my opinion. Personally, I don't think center is a huge need and wouldn't draft one unless that player is best available.

morasp

Reaction score
How big of a drop is Cushenberry from Ruiz, he would most likely be there at 51.

morasp

Reaction score
Serious question. How big of a drop is it from ruiz to McGovern / Looney? Probably not worth spending a premium pick on..not for me at least
Welcome to the club, I made that point about a week ago and that would be my choice as well but I think the way they value OL they might be seriously considering a Center early in the draft.

Last edited: