Draft rumours and info

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Yeah, nah.

Trade down, sure. 17? We reached or our draft board has been decimated.
That’s my thought with a few guys. TErrell diggs matos. Few of them if we just stay put and take means we couldn’t move down and decided to go with our board

Gaede

Reaction score
He could be a straight up pick at 17 and not a bad choice.

I don't think he'd be a good pick at 17, to be honest. I think he can be had later in the round. And if we do draft him, I hope we double down later in the draft and get either a pass rusher at DT or a situational edge rusher. YGM will give us a solid player, but isn't going to help us generate much more pass rush on his own.

I'd be cool with a trade down, 1) YGM 2) Bryce Hall or Gladney 3) best available pass rusher

morasp

Reaction score
I don't think he'd be a good pick at 17, to be honest. I think he can be had later in the round. And if we do draft him, I hope we double down later in the draft and get either a pass rusher at DT or a situational edge rusher. YGM will give us a solid player, but isn't going to help us generate much more pass rush on his own.

I'd be cool with a trade down, 1) YGM 2) Bryce Hall or Gladney 3) best available pass rusher
I think this year will be different than other draft years. It wouldn't surprise me to see some crazy things happen on Thursday that other teams haven't predicted. If they like him he might not last too long after 17 considering the premium placed on edge rush and with the Jags Dolphins Vikings and Seahawks all looking for one. Gross-Matos is a developmental rusher but they all are after Young and I think he could be a double digit sack guy later on.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think this year will be different than other draft years. It wouldn't surprise me to see some crazy things happen on Thursday that other teams haven't predicted. If they like him he might not last too long after 17 considering the premium placed on edge rush and with the Jags Dolphins Vikings and Seahawks all looking for one. Gross-Matos is a developmental rusher but they all are after Young and I think he could be a double digit sack guy later on.

But if you are going developmental guy, I'd like the more athletic guy. So I don't see the need to take a kid like Gross-Matos at 17 when you might be able to get Terrell Lewis or Okwara in the 2nd and both probably are more athletic edge players. And Gross Matos strength is a question and that was backed up at the combine when he benched 20 reps. Compare that to his peers and that's somewhat low. Zuniga had 29, Okwara had 27 reps, for example.

RamziD

Reaction score
He could be a straight up pick at 17 and not a bad choice.

For some reason I’ve been overlooking this prospect. I looked at his profile in The Draft Network (I like their thorough analysis from multiple draft analysts) and they have some really nice things to say about him and his potential.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

More accurately put, Giants GM leaks to media that they're looking at a top QB prospect in order to put pressure on teams to trade up with them; especially the Miami Dolphins at #5.

Everything is a lie people.

Are you really sold on Danny “dimes”?

morasp

Reaction score
But if you are going developmental guy, I'd like the more athletic guy. So I don't see the need to take a kid like Gross-Matos at 17 when you might be able to get Terrell Lewis or Okwara in the 2nd and both probably are more athletic edge players. And Gross Matos strength is a question and that was backed up at the combine when he benched 20 reps. Compare that to his peers and that's somewhat low. Zuniga had 29, Okwara had 27 reps, for example.
I like both Lewis and Okwara and Uche and Zuniga. I think, just my opinion, that Gross-Matos has the agility and athleticism but needs to work on the technique. The strength would be a concern but a year in the weight room could help which might not be much comfort for this year. I hadn't really given it too much thought until you posted that link but if they've done that much research there could be a lot worse picks. A trade down would be preferable maybe with two or three targets in mind to insure they get someone they want.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Alabama LB Terrell Lewis medically flagged
A number of teams, dare I say half the league, have medically failed Terrell Lewis of Alabama. Lewis missed most of the 2017 season and all of the 2018 campaign, a total of 25 games, with separate injuries.

Lewis tore a ligament in his elbow during the first game of his sophomore season and suffered a torn ACL in his right knee the following summer, which sidelined him for all of 2018.There’s no denying that Lewis is a terrific 3-4 outside linebacker prospect for the next level when healthy and at the top of his game. I grade Lewis as a second-round prospect off his game film, but if he takes a drastic drop on draft weekend, we’ll all know why.

Who are the Dolphins truly targeting at quarterback and left tackle?
A source close to Stephen Ross tells me that the Dolphins owner is talking as though quarterback Justin Herbert is not in the team’s plans with the fifth overall pick. The source tells me that he feels it’s either Tua Tagovailoa with pick number five or a position player at that spot with a later maneuver for Utah State’s Jordan Love, which I wrote about last Friday. PFN has also been reporting since March that it’s likely Love is the next quarterback on their board after Joe Burrow and Tagovailoa, not Herbert.

Who is the position player the Dolphins could take with the fifth pick? Sources tell me it’s Andrew Thomas of Georgia, who would fill a need at left tackle.If they don’t end up with Thomas, I continue to hear that Ezra Cleveland is a hot name in the Dolphins war room. I’m told the Dolphins would also consider Isaiah Wilson or Josh Jones with their final pick in round one if they don’t select a tackle with their initial two selections. Wilson would fill a hole at right tackle

Who might the Saints be targeting in round one?
Months ago, I mentioned the expectation that the New Orleans Saints will go receiver-heavy in this draft. One pass catcher they like and would consider late in round one is Jalen Reagor of TCU.

Reagor would add significant speed to the receiver spot and offer depth behind Deonte Harris as a kick and punt returner. If the Saints don’t go receiver in the first round, then linebacker will be a consideration as will a highly rated quarterback, if one falls.

Would Gettleman have preferred Justin Herbert a year ago?
NFL.com is reporting Dave Gettleman and the New York Giants have spent a lot of time researching Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert. I was privy to this information two weeks ago when we focused on Herbert during our Draft Insiders podcast and can tell you Gettleman has done a lot of work on Herbert the past two years.And while there’s no way the Giants select Herbert this Thursday, it is interesting to note that Herbert was Gettleman’s top choice at quarterback had he entered the 2019 NFL Draft.

Receivers to be popular at back end of round one
The way it looks right now, there could be a lot of receivers selected late in round one, or at least more than most expect. Surveying the last dozen teams in the first frame, almost 90% have said they are looking for a receiver or linebacker in the first round.

all from tony pauline

fivetwos

Reaction score
Gettleman's job is on the line this year.

They need to show progress or he is gone.

Anyone who believes for a single second they would take Herbert at 4 is dreaming.

Nice try though....hey...I'll say this...he is JUST ahead of two QB needy teams. He probably doesnt need the smokescreen to make his phone ring.

If they are going to take a OT, and dont have a strong preference for one, they are the one team that can go back quite a bit and still do ok.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Are you really sold on Danny “dimes”?

More like I'm sold that they're sold and that the GM that drafted him #6 overall isn't going to throw him under the bus one year into his rookie deal & draft his replacement at #4 overall. That screams malpractice and you should fire me on the spot.

RS12

Reaction score
Serious question. How big of a drop is it from ruiz to McGovern / Looney? Probably not worth spending a premium pick on..not for me at least
We don't know but the fact that they are supposedly willing to invest a high pick there speaks volumes IMO.