Drafting Zeke was football stupid

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol, smh...and the run game in 2014 was great because of the offensive line play and a competent QB to keep the defense honest.

In 2015, even despite having pure trash at QB, the offensive line was still able to help register a 1,000+ yard rusher running at a 4.6 YPC.

Ruh-roh, better go back to the drawing board....

"Leave me alone!!!" --- KJJ (remember when you said that, loool?)

We had the same OL in 2015 but we had a bunch of average backs. If any of them were what we wanted we wouldn't have dumped most of them and made the moves we did at RB this offseason. Let that sink in! We haven't used any of the backs we used last season except for Dunbar and are #2 in rushing and have the leagues leading rusher and we've accomplished that with a rookie QB at the helm. Let that sink in! Where did I say for you to leave me alone? You get told that by others, I tell you to move on because you're a waste of time. You're going to end up like Amberbeer go click on his profile. LOL

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
We had the same OL in 2015 but we had a bunch of average backs. If any of them were what we wanted we wouldn't have dumped most of them and made the moves we did at RB this offseason. Let that sink in!

Thanks for obliviously proving my point.

We had the same o-line in 2015 that we did in 2014. That same group helped an "average" back run for 1,000+ and a 4.6 YPC in roughly just 11 games.

I'd tell you to "let that sink in" but I know you're way past capacity.

"Go away!" --- KJJ

:lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Thanks for obliviously proving my point.

We had the same o-line in 2015 that we did in 2014. That same group helped an "average" back run for 1,000+ and a 4.6 YPC in roughly just 11 games.

I'd tell you to "let that sink in" but I know you're way past capacity.

"Go away!" --- KJJ

:lmao:

That 4.6 average came from the final 4 games where his averages were blown up because our season was over. He was averaging under 4.0 a carry until those games. McFadden averaged 7.7 in the season finale vs a Washington team that had nothing to play for. They practically laid down allowing Moore to pass for over 400 yards and McFadden to have a great rushing average. McFadden only averaged 3.8 against Washington earlier in the season when we still had something to play for. Let that sink in! If you were right about anything the Cowboys would have stayed with McFadden and not drafted Zeke. Let that sink in! lol

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That 4.6 average came from the final 4 games where his averages were blown up because our season was over. He was averaging under 4.0 a carry until those games. McFadden averaged 7.7 in the season finale vs a Washington team that had nothing to play for. They practically laid down allowing Moore to pass for over 400 yards and McFadden to have a great rushing average. McFadden only averaged 3.8 against Washington earlier in the season when we still had something to play for. Let that sink in! If you were right about anything the Cowboys would have stayed with McFadden and not drafted Zeke. Let that sink in! lol

Loooool, you should be arrested the way you abuse stats, smh.

"Look ma, i learnt you can mAke numberz say whutever u want if ya jus'fiddle with them!"

How convenient of you to claim the Cowboys season was over in the last four games in an attempt to toss out unfavorable (in your mind) data, smh.

You're saying our season wasn't effectively over after Week 9 when we were 2-6 or Week 11 when we were 3-7? Pffff, looool.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Loooool, you should be arrested the way you abuse stats, smh.

"Look ma, i learnt you can mAke numberz say whutever u want if ya jus'fiddle with them!"

How convenient of you to claim the Cowboys season was over in the last four games in an attempt to toss out unfavorable (in your mind) data, smh.

You're saying our season wasn't effectively over after Week 9 when we were 2-6 or Week 11 when we were 3-7? Pffff, looool.

You should be arrested for your continual use of "smh." Apparently you're trying to clear out the cobwebs because you're defending a back we used the #4 overall pick to replace. Let that sink in if it's possible to get through your thick skull. lol Now get back to class!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You should be arrested for your continual use of "smh." Apparently you're trying to clear out the cobwebs because you're defending a back we used the #4 overall pick to replace. Let that sink in if it's possible to get through your thick skull. lol Now get back to class!

I suppose your meaningless response is an attempt to avoid the questions?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

What questions? You're just looking to argue. You see the Rant Forum as another avenue to stir things up. Our season was dead when McFadden had his best rushing averages of the season in 2015 and he had those averages with Matt Cassel and Kellen Moore at QB. McFadden did last season what any average to good back could have done which is why he was replaced. He couldn't even beat out Randle for the starting job. Julius Jones had the same season back in 2006 rushing for 1084 yards with Bledsoe and Romo. Jones wasn't running behind the dominate OL that McFadden had last season but he scored one more TD than McFadden and he had a 77 yard run for a TD.

Jones's 77 yard run was longer than any McFadden had during his career and his 198 yards and 194 yards topped McFadden's career best of 171 yards. McFadden has only 268 more career rushing yards than Julius Jones, which shows just how average McFadden has been over his career. Any one of 15 backs could have had the production McFadden had last season which is why we drafted Zeke. We were looking for a great back but you don't seem to get that because you probably thought McFadden was great. lol

If Zeke stays healthy it won't be long before he moves past all of McFadden's totals from last season. He already has more TD's, a longer run from scrimmage and he's averaging more per carry but some of you are still mad we didn't stay with him or draft some other average back. We've been though all this but you keep arguing because you have nothing else better to do. The Cowboys and Zeke are having a great season and here you are still defending Darren McFadden who hasn't played a down this season. :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Going back and reading some of the posts in this thread from Sept is pure comedy. lol There's a few I'm sure who wish they could take back the "likes" they handed out and delete their comments. :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I don't avoid questions I've answered everything regardless how ridiculous. You avoid questions, you avoided a series of them in a discussion we had weeks ago. Let's see if you'll attempt to answer these. If McFadden was good enough last season and was capable of 1500 to 1600 yards with Romo then why did the team invest he 4th overall pick on an RB? Do you believe drafting Zeke was a mistake and if so why?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This thread was a result of someone knee jerking after one loss and some followed it up with comments that look hilarious now. lol It's a mistake making a judgment off of one game but many here live in the moment and this is the result. :laugh:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don't avoid questions I've answered everything regardless how ridiculous. You avoid questions, you avoided a series of them in a discussion we had weeks ago. Let's see if you'll attempt to answer these. If McFadden was good enough last season and was capable of 1500 to 1600 yards with Romo then why did the team invest he 4th overall pick on an RB? Do you believe drafting Zeke was a mistake and if so why?

Questions are those sentences with those funny symbols (?) at the end of it.

I guess that explains why you keep avoiding them.

Seriously, PM me and we'll look into getting you enrolled into a local community college (although those require at least a GED, sooo....) or adult ed courses. I'm here to help.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Questions are those sentences with those funny symbols (?) at the end of it.

I guess that explains why you keep avoiding them.

Seriously, PM me and we'll look into getting you enrolled into a local community college (although those require at least a GED, sooo....) or adult ed courses. I'm here to help.

I answered every question, you're diverting and I'll leave the PMs to you. lol Answer the questions or move on!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Part of the issue was that this was not a great draft for this particular team and its needs to have that high pick.

Say again? lol Another example of what happens when you knee jerk after only one game. There hasn't been two players in the draft that have looked as good as Zeke and Dak so far. This could end up being one of the greatest drafts in franchise history if those two players keep developing the way they are. Not many teams have come up with a franchise QB in the 4th round and we may have accomplished that rare feat.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I answered every question, you're diverting and I'll leave the PMs to you. lol Answer the questions or move on!

No you don't little one. I asked you point blank questions you still haven't answered; go back 4-5 posts.

Do we need to go over what a question looks like again?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No you don't little one. I asked you point blank questions you still haven't answered; go back 4-5 posts.

Do we need to go over what a question looks like again?

I answered every question and feel free to ask them again and I'll answer them again. Ask them and be specific. Once I answer them again, you're going to answer my questions or play period will be over for you and it's back to class. This diverting you're doing is all part of your MO. Once you start getting worked into a corner you start looking for a way out.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I answered every question and feel free to ask them again and I'll answer them again. Ask them and be specific. Once I answer them again, you're going to answer my questions or play period will be over for you and it's back to class. This diverting you're doing is all part of your MO. Once you start getting worked into a corner you start looking for a way out.

Hey Little One,

Let's start with this one which will test your football knowledge and intellectually honesty (which we all know you're devoid of):

Did Romo's absence last season negatively impact the offense in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and opportunity and by extension the productivity of the offensive skill players?

Fair warning...if you start blathering ignorantly as you're prone to do, we won't get off the topic until you answer it adequately.

Go...

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I will say this for Zeke after a slow start the guy has been playing big. In his last 4starts he has managed putting up some big totals. 140, 138,134,157 and the 157 was vs the #2 rush defense.
I like McFadden but all toll he had 5 100 plus yard games. McFadden is good but Zeke is something special from his runs to his blocking ability. People can say what they will but this kid is something special.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hey Little One,

Let's start with this one which will test your football knowledge and intellectually honesty (which I know you have none of):

Did Romo's a scenes last season negatively impact the offense in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and opportunity?

Fair warning...if you start blathering ignorantly as you're prone to do, we won't get off the topic until you answer it adequately.

Go...

I'm going to answer the question and you and I both know my answer won't satisfy you because you want to keep this going. Once I answer it, you're going to answer my questions or you can take your deflated ball and go home because this discussion will be over. :thumbup: Did Romo's "a scenes last season?" LOL Try asking a question that doesn't need deciphering. :laugh:Naturally losing Romo impacted the offense but it didn't have a big impact on our running game because if it did we would have stayed with McFadden or gone with Morris instead of using the 4th overall pick on Zeke. He's never taken a regular season snap with Romo and is playing with a rookie QB but is leading the league in rushing, plus Tyron even missed a game and that didn't stop him from producing. Let that sink in! lol Were Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, Earl Campell, Adrian Peterson and many other great backs rushing numbers negatively impacted by the average QBs they played with? Jamal Lewis rushed for 2066 yards in 2003 with Kyle Boller and Anthony Wright as his QBs.

Let that sink in! LOL Put a great runner behind a great OL and they'll produce regardless their QB situation and that's been proven. Now answer my questions and stop diverting before you look more foolish than ones who left "likes" and comments in this thread back in Sept. If McFadden was good enough last season and was capable of 1500 to 1600 yards with Romo like you said he would be, then why did the team invest he 4th overall pick on an RB? Do you believe drafting Zeke was a mistake and if so why?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm going to answer the question and you and I both know my answer won't satisfy you because you want to keep this going. Once I answer it, you're going to answer my questions or you can take your deflated ball and go home because this discussion will be over. :thumbup: Did Romo's "a scenes last season?" LOL Try asking a question that doesn't need deciphering. :laugh:Naturally losing Romo impacted the offense but it didn't have a big impact on our running game because if it did we would have stayed with McFadden or gone with Morris instead of using the 4th overall pick on Zeke. He's never taken a regular season snap with Romo and is playing with a rookie QB but is leading the league in rushing, plus Tyron even missed a game and that didn't stop him from producing. Let that sink in! lol Were Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, Earl Campell, Adrian Peterson and many other great backs rushing numbers negatively impacted by the average QBs they played with? Jamal Lewis rushed for 2066 yards in 2003 with Kyle Boller and Anthony Wright as his QBs.

Let that sink in! LOL Put a great runner behind a great OL and they'll produce regardless their QB situation and that's been proven. Now answer my questions and stop diverting before you look more foolish than ones who left "likes" and comments in this thread back in Sept. If McFadden was good enough last season and was capable of 1500 to 1600 yards with Romo like you said he would be, then why did the team invest he 4th overall pick on an RB? Do you believe drafting Zeke was a mistake and if so why?

Thanks Donk,

Your answer was predictably stupid, but I guess you technically responded to the question.

As to your question of why did we draft Zeke. It's clear, McFadden is/was a short term solution; he's currently 29, on the final year of his deal and injury prone. But DMac vs. Zeke has never been my argument. Rather, it's that we got good production out of a much lesser back because of our o-line.

If McFadden sucks as much as you think, why do the Cowboys still have him on the roster? In fact, who do you think is the better back, DMac or Murray?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Thanks Donk,

Your answer was predictably stupid, but I guess you technically responded to the question.

As to your question of why did we draft Zeke. It's clear, McFadden is/was a short term solution; he's currently 29, on the final year of his deal and injury prone. But DMac vs. Zeke has never been my argument. Rather, it's that we got good production out of a much lesser back because of our o-line.

If McFadden sucks as much as you think, why do the Cowboys still have him on the roster? In fact, who do you think is the better back, DMac or Murray?

Your answer is predictably immature it's all part of your MO. It's almost impossible for you to respond back without an insult or name calling. Insults and name calling is the MO of someone getting frustrated and losing an argument. Do you not see that? Apparently not because your pattern never changes. The last time your panties got bunched in a knot the size of a softball it led to a nasty comment off the board. lol I've never once said McFadden sucked and you won't find a post where I said he did. I said he's an average back, been saying that since the day he arrived and what he did last season behind our OL any one of 15 backs could have done the same thing. Randle may have ended up with more yards had he not been injured and released. In only 6 games he had more TD's than McFadden. You, me and several others argued about all this in August after Romo went down.

I said I wanted to keep McFadden because with a rookie QB we need some veteran leadership in the backfield in the event Zeke were injured or his hamstring flairs up. You immediately fired back calling me a McFadden lover, do you remember that? LOL One minute you're claiming I hate him and that he sucks and the next minute you claim I love him. Dude you're all over the map! If you want, I could always dig up the link to that thread for some laughs because I'll come out smelling like a rose while many of you will be ducking for cover. The archives are my friend, they prove I know what I'm talking about, while they come back to bite some of you, showing that you didn't have a clue. If the QB is so important to an RBs success, then how did Dickerson, Campbell, Sanders and Peterson have HOF careers with the average QBs they had?

They should create a Stupidity Zone for threads like this. The OP who started this thread is probably hiding in a bunker somewhere. This along with the thread that was started after our loss on opening day titled "Our season is Over" has become pure comedy the past 2 months. Notice how you're the only one who keeps wanting to keep this argument alive? Everyone else bailed before they suffered any life threatening injuries but you keep staggering around like a Zombie that's been ran over 15 times in a low budget horror movie. Your argument like many others back in August was we didn't need to draft a back high. Yes, we got pretty good production from McFadden but it wasn't near good enough for what he had upfront blocking for him. The Cowboys aren't looking for pretty good production, they wanted to take advantage of this great OL by pairing it with a great back and it's paying dividends which I said it would months ago.