Twitter: DT help coming in the draft

BlindFaith

Reaction score
The dream for me is to get one of Payne or Vea and then one of Hernandez or Wynn. Fix the trenches and I think a lot of the other stuff will work itself out.
Who starts at safety? Frazier and Heath? Woods?

We would have the weakest pair of safeties in the league.

DanA

Reaction score
Who starts at safety? Frazier and Heath? Woods?

We would have the weakest pair of safeties in the league.

Yes, it would be weak and the thing I'd want us to address in the 3rd. But we'd have one of the best D-lines in the league to make up for it.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Yes, it would be weak and the thing I'd want us to address in the 3rd. But we'd have one of the best D-lines in the league to make up for it.
Well, they had better get there in a hurry.

Verdict

Reaction score
Doesn’t fit the agenda of cutting Dez and drafting receiver first.

I am not sold that they take a receiver in the first even if the Cowboys have already decided that they are moving on from Dez. It's not imperative that we draft a first round receiver. Good receivers are found throughout the draft. If Ridley were = Calvin Johnson it would be a different conversation. B

Verdict

Reaction score
Vea creates a problem for the rushing game and aids the passing defense with his burst and disruption.

This is a Martin pick.

We might take Vea, but it would be idiotic to give up more than a 4th to go get him, which would incidentally be about the same draft position if we had lost the Eagles games. The Eagles even tank better than we do.

Verdict

Reaction score
Completely agree. Only two guys I’m willing to move up for. I originally was ok moving up for Roquan but I believe a lot in Lee and Jaylon. Would love Roquan but not moving up far for him

I wouldn't move up i this draft for anyone other than a QB.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I am not sold that they take a receiver in the first even if the Cowboys have already decided that they are moving on from Dez. It's not imperative that we draft a first round receiver. Good receivers are found throughout the draft. If Ridley were = Calvin Johnson it would be a different conversation. B
I think you're right.

My guess is LB in the first.

Safety in the second.

Guard in the third.

DT and and more Oline help in the fourth.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Here's where I have an issue with fans criticizing the Week 17 win over the Eagles: Are you really serious? Garrett's team only scored 6 points. One single TD by the Eagles would have turned it into a loss. Isn't it more likely the Eagles tanked than the Cowboys tried to win to give Garrett a 9-7 record? 6 points scored is "undermining" the Cowboys draft position? Really? How much more could Garrett have done to try to lose the game? 6 points. I repeat. 6 whole points.
As Erod said, if you’re gonna win it at least don’t look inept.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think you're right.

My guess is LB in the first.

Safety in the second.

Guard in the third.

DT and and more Oline help in the fourth.

In Mazlow's hierarchy of needs we need:

OT or G (or both)
LB

Then:

WR
And
LB (again)

Actually, the team MAY even have a higher need for RB than WR. We are going to run the hell out of the ball.

Lane21Train

Reaction score
Rods low round try hards have proven to fail by never making the team, our udfa big guys (Ash) have played atleast serviceably & stephen said in an earlier interview that they would like to invest another high round pick in Dline... move up, maybe not. But drafting at 19. Possible

jday

Reaction score
Oh no I was speaking in general. That's why I'm saying if I'm trading up I'd rather trade up and go all in on one of those top 10 guys then I would for Vea who I'd rather take my chance on being there.
To get in the top 10 that's this year's and next year's first with a fifth from next year. I wouldn't do that unless it was for a QB...and I really needed one.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To get in the top 10 that's this year's and next year's first with a fifth from next year. I wouldn't do that unless it was for a QB...and I really needed one.
I don't think it would take that's much. Maybe top 5.

Remember to go and get Claiborne it took a 1 and a 2.

RS12

Reaction score
Name em...

While you do that, I'll search for the perfect gif to make of fun you with...:grin:
I would give 100 likes for this if I could and another 100 for the gif.

RS12

Reaction score
If you're going to play against 3rd stringers and win, can't they at least have beat them 60-0?

6-0 was embarrassing against what the Eagles ran out there.
Another 100 like post.

BlindFaith

Reaction score

OT or G (or both)
LB

Then:

WR
And
LB (again)

Actually, the team MAY even have a higher need for RB than WR. We are going to run the hell out of the ball.
Safety has to be top 3.

RS12

Reaction score
So if you watched the highlight posted early in the thread a couple things jump out. First he collapses pockets which is valuable not giving the opposing QB a place to step up into. The line hasnt had one of those in a while. Second when he plays the run he has a knack for controlling his blocker and shedding him at just the right time to shut the play down. Worst case he ties up two blockers and allows the LBs to clean up on the run.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

OT or G (or both)
LB

Then:

WR
And
LB (again)

You win. Anyone that can inject Mazlow's theory into a Fan Zone discussion desires praise and multiple "likes"

cowboyec

Reaction score
So if you watched the highlight posted early in the thread a couple things jump out. First he collapses pockets which is valuable not giving the opposing QB a place to step up into. The line hasnt had one of those in a while. Second when he plays the run he has a knack for controlling his blocker and shedding him at just the right time to shut the play down. Worst case he ties up two blockers and allows the LBs to clean up on the run.
and extends the health of Sean Lee and Jaylon also.